MAC teal pigment

xxainixx

hi. im pretty new here
smiles.gif
it's such an awesome forum.
im not really sure where to post this so if this is is the wrong place. mods, feel free to move this.

teal pigment stains my eyelids. with or without bases. i've tried, shadesticks, UDPP, paint pots etc but they still stained.

it's annoying, especially after i wash off my makeup but there's this greenish tinge on my eyelids. i do LOVE LOVE LOVE teal. but i've realised that this staining has lessen the times i use teal.

i got the eye-safe version.

MACATTAK

Some of the pigments do stain your lids. I used Nightlight wet the other day & it staind. Maybe try using a good eye makeup remover. One that is oil based may work better.

Chrystia

What are you using to remove your makeup? I put jojoba oil on a cotton pad and dab it off. It doesn't stain as much then. Just don't rub it, otherwise the stain will stick. Or almays eye make up remover works pretty well, but it takes more effort.

xxainixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystia
What are you using to remove your makeup? I put jojoba oil on a cotton pad and dab it off. It doesn't stain as much then. Just don't rub it, otherwise the stain will stick. Or almays eye make up remover works pretty well, but it takes more effort.

i use shu uemura cleansing oil.
ssad.gif
it still stained.

venacava

I use olive oil to remove eye makeup and never had stains (yes, that incudes teal piggie too
smiles.gif
). Gently massage oil over eyelid and into lashes to dissolve mascara then wipe off with cotton pad.

On the other hand, I always have 3 layers of product between skin and eyeshadow - foundation, powder and eyeshadow base. Perhaps that makes a difference as well.

ginger9

I think you need a super duper oil/petrolum based makeup remover. Someone suggested Vaseline, Olive Oil...I used Ponds Cold Cream, which is mostly mineral oil and it gets everything out - including Teal pigment
smiles.gif
HTH

PS - from my experience I've noticed that "high-end" cleansers are not necessarily the best for removing stubborn makeup. I find it too mild or there's too many supplimentary ingredients that are present for purposes other than removing makeup.

xxainixx

thank you all for the suggestions..

i've tried vaseline and ponds cold cream. they work really well! thanks

teal no longer stains my eyelid
smiles.gif
)
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

nilt1aK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada
Vaseline usually helps with my stubborn eyeshadows...maybe that can help?

I second this!!

beckibear

Maybe try using sweet almond oil to remove eye makeup. It works a treat (eyeshadow slides right off) and is really moisturising and helps promote healthy eyelashes.