MAC Technakohl Liner Collection (Dec 11, 2014)

Karrie

No, these are very hard and it's quite painful to get them to go onto your eyelid.
i have the same problem with technakohls, i hope they have a better texture than the old version... the fluidline eye pencils are so soft, i love them (why no new fluidline colours mac? :-/)

novocainedreams

I hope these go on nicely, they colors are awesome especially the pink and green, even the grays, and no sharpening is even nicer, LOL.

Miss Dynamite

i have the same problem with technakohls, i hope they have a better texture than the old version... the fluidline eye pencils are so soft, i love them (why no new fluidline colours mac? :-/)
I would die if they had all of these colors in Fluidlines.

liba

I need a good grey liner, just because I want it lol
I love grey liner for a soft, subtle look. If those rumors are true that the Shop Cook fluidlines are coming back, Midnight Snack is one of the best greys ever! Not for the waterline like these, though.

The grey Technakohl is the #1 I'm interested in in this collection.

liba

$$$ ! Wonder if these are better than the Fluidline Eye Pencils. I got only one of those (WW).
The Fluidline pencils are not waterline-safe, but these are.

I've never had a problem with Technakohls being too stiff to apply to the lids but the ones I have, I mostly use for the waterline. They don't go on as pigmented in one stroke in the waterline like Kohl Powers do, but they last better than KPs and don't smudge as much.

I wish they'd come out with this huge range of colors in the Pro Longwear pencil - those are probably my favorite pencils from MAC for the combo of pigment, ease of application and staying power.

MACina

I've never had a problem with Technakohls being too stiff to apply to the lids but the ones I have, I mostly use for the waterline. They don't go on as pigmented in one stroke in the waterline like Kohl Powers do, but they last better than KPs and don't smudge as much.

I wish they'd come out with this huge range of colors in the Pro Longwear pencil - those are probably my favorite pencils from MAC for the combo of pigment, ease of application and staying power.

th_e2cloud9.gif
That would be awesome
eyelove.gif

MRV

For me that is not important because I don't use other pencils than the nude Chromagraphic liner for the waterline.

I heard from my MUA that these should be great, so maybe they have a new, better formula. I have not use my Technakohls much: the colours I have are black (don't use black), purple (not really either), and lime and orange (what was I thinking...).

I just photographed all my Mac liners because I had no idea about what I have, and was wondering the difference between Eye Kohls and Kohl Power Eye Pencils.

I have only one PL Eye Liner - Night Trail - which I find hard, too.

erine1881

That would be interesting! I did not get any of them. For me that is not important because I don't use other pencils than the nude Chromagraphic liner for the waterline. I heard from my MUA that these should be great, so maybe they have a new, better formula. I have not use my Technakohls much: the colours I have are black (don't use black), purple (not really either), and lime and orange (what was I thinking...). I just photographed all my Mac liners because I had no idea about what I have, and was wondering the difference between Eye Kohls and Kohl Power Eye Pencils. I have only one PL Eye Liner - Night Trail  - which I find hard, too.
No new formula, just new colours and new packaging. As far as the difference between kohls and kohl powers, kohl powers have extra castor oil, which make them super smudgy, and ideal for the waterline for smokey eyes, because they spread out in their own throughout the course of the day. And they blend like a dream. Plus they all have that black base, with the addition of coloured microshimmer formthe other LE shades that get released. Again, ideal for smokey eyes.

MRV

As far as the difference between kohls and kohl powers, kohl powers have extra castor oil, which make them super smudgy, and ideal for the waterline for smokey eyes, because they spread out in their own throughout the course of the day. And they blend like a dream. Plus they all have that black base, with the addition of coloured microshimmer formthe other LE shades that get released. Again, ideal for smokey eyes.
:(

Thanks for the product info, always appreciated!

lyseD

My counter manager told me these will be out Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then they won't be selling them again until December 11th. She didn't expect a restock before then either although they are all permanent.

She also said she really loves the lighter shades.

telspepper

The few I have, I really love. Water willow is an extraordinary colour as it leans more blue or green depending on my other makeup colours.

Urmi

Just saw these today at a Macy's and a MS! Gotta say they're brilliant colours! One of the greens/teals was my fave. It also took a bit of rubbing w make up remover to remove them.

DarylandCarole

That would be interesting! I did not get any of them. For me that is not important because I don't use other pencils than the nude Chromagraphic liner for the waterline. I heard from my MUA that these should be great, so maybe they have a new, better formula. I have not use my Technakohls much: the colours I have are black (don't use black), purple (not really either), and lime and orange (what was I thinking...). I just photographed all my Mac liners because I had no idea about what I have, and was wondering the difference between Eye Kohls and Kohl Power Eye Pencils. I have only one PL Eye Liner - Night Trail  - which I find hard, too.
No new formula, just new colours and new packaging. As far as the difference between kohls and kohl powers, kohl powers have extra castor oil, which make them super smudgy, and ideal for the waterline for smokey eyes, because they spread out in their own throughout the course of the day. And they blend like a dream. Plus they all have that black base, with the addition of coloured microshimmer formthe other LE shades that get released. Again, ideal for smokey eyes.
Thanks for the info, Erin. I haven't tried any of the Kohl power pencils before. Do you know if they are okay to wear with contact lens?

MACina

The few I have, I really love. Water willow is an extraordinary colour as it leans more blue or green depending on my other makeup colours.
Water Willow is a Fluidline Eye Pencil and these are Technakohl Liners.They have a very similar packaging but they are different products
smiles.gif

But Water Willow is really gorgeous
heart.gif