MAC Technakohl OR MUFE Aqua Eyes

wannabelyn

Hi guys, I'm helping my sister pick out an eyeliner. I personally use MAC Pearl Glide but I don't think it's smudge proof enough plus it's LE. I also have MAC powerpoint but I don't know if I like it enough to recommend.

I've been doing some research and it seems Techna Kohl and Aqua Eyes is quite smudge proof and affordable. She was using Shu Uemura drawing pencil previously.

We're looking for something in a Dark Navy Blue metallic sheen.

Would you recommend MAC or MUFE?

I don't have a technakohl but would it be used up much more quicker than the MUFE pencil? Also Auto-de-blue doesn't look Navy but more Navy blue.

For MUFE the only navy blue I could find on Sephora was Iridescent Navy Blue 3L (navy blue sheen). What is that like when they say sheen? Is it supposed to be sort of metallic?

THANKS EVERYONE!

iluvmac

I have both MUFE 3L and Mac's Auto-de-blu. They're very different: Auto-de-blu is matte and lighter, 3L is kind of metallic and darker, almost purple. It depends on the use you need it for. I prefer Technakhols: they're good as liners and they're GREAT for the waterline. The MUFE one is good as a liner and it's really waterproof, but it won't stick on my waterline.
Hope this helped!

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I have both MUFE 3L and Mac's Auto-de-blu. They're very different: Auto-de-blu is matte and lighter, 3L is kind of metallic and darker, almost purple. It depends on the use you need it for. I prefer Technakhols: they're good as liners and they're GREAT for the waterline. The MUFE one is good as a liner and it's really waterproof, but it won't stick on my waterline.
Hope this helped!

Thanks so much for the comparison. Do you find that a pencil form will last longer than the technakohl?

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelyn
Thanks so much for the comparison. Do you find that a pencil form will last longer than the technakohl?

No. Technakhols are really long lasting, on me at least!

Latest posts