MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

Naughtyp

It may be too early, but I'm sitting here making my list for this collection, all about orange and the other tropic one. Can't remember the name. Have to make sure I have enough to get some things from all of them..
lol! I was doing the same thing at work!! hahha at least ones in may June and July. but riri is also in may and who knows if they are going to pull another "April" on us! lol I only have a few items from each cold toon on the must have side but there's a ton on the maybe side, which I'm sure swatches will help us cross off. until we see someone on here raving about it and then we add it again lol

janette9687

That's great! I've never seen a Benefit and Nars counter in the PXs we've had. It's almost always Lancome, Clinique or Estee Lauder or combination thereof. But still hoping for MAC to show up someday!
theyre usually at the Navy exchanges tho! they get everything!

MRV

She is beautiful and healthy :)
Check her out!

Awww. Pug love
heart.gif
!

Anitacska

The fatty pencils are insanely waterproof, and NOT waterline safe cuz of the glitter bits. Oh, and they DON'T fit the large sharpener opening that mac sells. They'll send you to sephora to get a sharpener :lol: And they're GORGEOUS!!! :drool: And RFL blush is to die for!!!
That's stupid! Why not make them the same size as the opening on the sharpener?! :(

Audrey C

And RFL blush is to die for!!!
I thought they were the screw up kind from the pic - I guess I didn't look at it closely enough. That takes them off my list - I don't like how much gets wasted with creamy fatty pencils and I sure don't want to have to get another sharpener. Phew. I think that brings me down to the quad.

martiangurll

And RFL blush is to die for!!!
I knew it!!!
jerkit.gif
Maybe my Urban Decay fatty sharpener will do it. I was looking for a reason to skip but we all know I have no impulse control! Okay, maybe limited impulse control. I am SO excited for this collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ShanOrieal

I'm starting to get so excited about this collection. I'm just unsure about the bronzers.. I've never worn a bronzer so I have no idea how to even use one.

Rinstar

I'm SO pumped for this collection! I've been kinda meh on most collections lately, so I can go crazy with this one! I need swatches for lots of stuff, but I am definitely getting both PLW bronzers. I skipped them last time and I am still sad about it. I love me some bronzer!

PurpleSparkles

I was playing around with the numbers for the link to this collection for us to stalk:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/10984/New-Collections/Temperature-Rising/index.tmpl Color

http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/10985/New-Collections/Temperature-Rising/index.tmpl Bronzing
OMG that's awesome, how do you do that?!?!!

erine1881

Ow I want that blush! The pencils sound great for summer, but sephora will soon be gone here, so how do I find a sharpener? I didn't even know there were differences between the fatty sharpeners.
It's the size of the opening that's the only difference. You need one with a big enough opening is all.
Think both eyeshadow palettes will be good quality??
I've never had quality problems with any mac quad :dunno: Both quads have good pigmentation to them!
That's stupid! Why not make them the same size as the opening on the sharpener?! :(
Unfortunately not all concepts are well thought out. :hmm:
Erine what's on your list? Please share :)
All fatties, BMS quad, RFL blush, and the bronze strobe.
I thought they were the screw up kind from the pic - I guess I didn't look at it closely enough. That takes them off my list - I don't like how much gets wasted with creamy fatty pencils and I sure don't want to have to get another sharpener. Phew. I think that brings me down to the quad.
Nope. I had noted that they're the same pencil casing as the PLWs, Powderpoints and pearlglides.
I'm starting to get so excited about this collection. I'm just unsure about the bronzers.. I've never worn a bronzer so I have no idea how to even use one.
Bronzers are worn on the high plains of the face-forehead, cheekbones (not hollows), chin and top of nose. Many people use bronzer to contour, and confuse the two concepts, but that's a whole other animal.

Audrey C

Bronzers are worn on the high plains of the face-forehead, cheekbones (not hollows), chin and top of nose. Many people use bronzer to contour, and confuse the two concepts, but that's a whole other animal.
I don't think I read your description; I just looked at the pics. I still have a couple of Merle Norman two-sided fatty lipstick pencils in shade I wore for years, but I always hated how much of them I threw away. I wish these had been made in roll up (with BTM recyclable packaging) format.

Yes, worn all the places I have pigmentation from sun damage! Last thing I need it to make that skin darker, so mine are hardly used! Interestingly, I've had MAC MUAs use bronzers as contour powder on me. One made me look filthy with a heavy handed "3" application (forehead, hollows, jawline). I couldn't wash that off quickly enough.

erine1881

I don't think I read your description; I just looked at the pics. I still have a couple of Merle Norman two-sided fatty lipstick pencils in shade I wore for years, but I always hated how much of them I threw away. I wish these had been made in roll up (with BTM recyclable packaging) format. Yes, worn all the places I have pigmentation from sun damage! Last thing I need it to make that skin darker, so mine are hardly used! Interestingly, I've had MAC MUAs use bronzers as contour powder on me. One made me look filthy with a heavy handed "3" application (forehead, hollows, jawline). I couldn't wash that off quickly enough.
Yup! That's part of the contour placement. Funny thing, contouring varies person to person, but if you look on YT, EVERYONE contours in the exact same place. Kills me every time! :lol:

SydVicious

Yup! That's part of the contour placement. Funny thing, contouring varies person to person, but if you look on YT, EVERYONE contours in the exact same place. Kills me every time!
lol.gif
Because that's how Kim Kardashian contours!!!!!!! Don't you know if Kim K wears it that way then everyone should!?!?! These pale little girls with small foreheads controuring around their hair line like a drag queen.
girlhaha.gif