MAC The Matte Lip Collection (May 28/ June 4, 2015)

pinkcrush

So I'm wearing Whirl again today but I wanted to see how it looked pinked up so I added Anastasia liquid lipstick in Bambi (crazy bright pink- I always use it to pink up other colors bc it really makes a strong pink base that can't be easily drowned out like some other pinks can) underneath and I really like this shade! This is actually how I picture Whirl in my head lol I like it regular but I feel like regular is more fall toned and for summer I'll probably wear it lighter like this For all the ladies not happy with the brown, definitely try it w some type of pink base!
b095be6e_image.jpeg
Looks pretty! I wore Whirl on its own today and it's actually a muted pinkish brown nude color on me... I really like it alot and can't wait to play with liners and bases too!!!

elegant-one

Did you try the good old tried and tested Dab & Smoosh?

Everyone looks amazing in their lipsticks. I got MLM yesterday and I can't wait to wear it out. It looks a slight shade different for RiRiBoy but who cares I love these sort of colors. I'm going to be right in front of the store on Thursday. Then I really really need to fall back for the rest of the month.

Maybe
sneaky.gif
girlhaha.gif
I did, the second time & then I like it.

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by laurennnxox
this week I had my very first client!! After years of studying psychology.. To finally get in a room and HELP people was such an overwhelming positive experience for me, after being so anxious about it for months. So of course my first instinct to celebrate is to go out and get new lipsticks.
lol.gif

Soooo, we should all pull up a chair in your room & you can tell us why we buy so much makeup
th_roll1.gif
...but then you would have to take a seat too!!!!!!!!!!
lol.gif

Congrats on your hard earned achievement!

LuvKaya

OMG, I can't believe no swatches of Tropic Tonic, LOL

where art thou TT? I think I want you or Runway Hit, but I need swatches.

Okay, I have a confession. I broke down and ordered Whirl after complaining about it. But everyone is saying its a great color for WOC, so I'll try it.

Vandekamp

Quote:Originally Posted by Vandekamp

Which ones are your new favorites? I like D for Danger and Men Love Mystery. Whirl and Persistence are almost identical on me. I wish DFD and MLM weren't creamy mattes though.

I saw that Whirl and Persistence did look a like that was why I did not purchase both. Does the creaminess take away from the pigmentation?
Not really. I would not say that. I think if you have Whirl you don't need Persistence.

TwiggyPop

Girl I hope you are able to wear your lippies soon. Be careful!
Sorry to hear about your fall.  Take care.
OMG no! Poor thing. I'm sorry, but I giggled a little too. At the fact that your fiance owns a concrete company and your steps crumbled! :haha: Where was your daughter when all this happened?? Hope your lips heal fast!
Sorry about your fall and hope you're able to try your lippies on soon.
Girl I hope you are able to wear your lippies soon. Be careful!
I hope so too! I feel like such an idiot because I'm always hurt. The nurses at this hospital know me by name and I know theirs. I could probably take my own blood at this point!

Vandekamp

I love MLM!!! It's more violet and muted than RRB making it a bit more wearable on its own for me!!! RRB often calls for a liner or gloss to tone down its lavender-pink brightness, for me anyways
I had a feeling you would like it. Did you buy more than one?

Vandekamp

So I'm wearing Whirl again today but I wanted to see how it looked pinked up so I added Anastasia liquid lipstick in Bambi (crazy bright pink- I always use it to pink up other colors bc it really makes a strong pink base that can't be easily drowned out like some other pinks can) underneath and I really like this shade! This is actually how I picture Whirl in my head lol I like it regular but I feel like regular is more fall toned and for summer I'll probably wear it lighter like this For all the ladies not happy with the brown, definitely try it w some type of pink base!
b095be6e_image.jpeg
I love this beautiful combo on you.

TwiggyPop

OMG no! Poor thing. I'm sorry, but I giggled a little too. At the fact that your fiance owns a concrete company and your steps crumbled! :haha: Where was your daughter when all this happened?? Hope your lips heal fast!
I had to get more pain meds today and I made sure I used to business debit card. Haha! He just paid someone to dig out the foundation on one side of the house so we can rebuild that wall and he said he'll knock out the steps at the same time. I'm so pissed I could take out the steps and sidewalk myself, just give me a sledgehammer and let me vent my frustrations. And to think it took a jacked up neck and busted lip for him to finally get things moving!

thefbomb

I want Runway Hit or Steady Going. I'm afraid I won't be able to pull it off but here's hoping. I also hope my store has plenty of stock

Vandekamp

bcabacfc_0603151412.jpeg
D for Danger. Love love love. The pic doesn't do it justice. I think this is my new power lipstick. I feel amazing in it.
D for Danger is gorgeous on you my friend. It should be your staple Berry lipstick.
Here are a few more swatches. I added some of the previously released lippies to the mix. I couldn't find my Dangerous though. :(
83073a4d_20150603_140203.jpeg
Right to left: SK, MLM, MR, DFD, I, P, FOF,H.
Pretty swatches. FOF is a fav of mine.
Thanks! I haven't gotten Whirl yet, for some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to snag that and Stone in store. :huh:
You are going to LOVE Whirl with a dab of gloss on top.
Thanks ladies! I may end up with this whole collection, thank goodness it's perm and I can spread out the purchases. One each pay! :haha:  They are beautiful Vandy and seriously, both still don't equal to the cost of one MAC lipstick! Ha!
I bet ColorPop has shades similar to all of these Mac matte shades.