MAC The Stylish Brow Collection Discussion (December 2012)

KiKi Kontour

Oh, and on one of her youtube videos she even commented that she uses a lot of concealer on her brows and needs to work on blending it out more. Sooo...yeah.
2cents.gif
and she also says she does it for the dramatic effect that goes along with the rest of her makeup!!

KiKi Kontour

mekaboo and erine
drinks.gif
but just know...i secretly love erine snarky mouth...reminds me of myself
001_unsure.gif
and becuz im such a fan of HUMOR i didnt take her comments as bashin n thanx to both of yall the song is NOW stuck n my head
th_wallbash.gif
but on a serious note i think internet or not some people just take stuff to the extreme n need to relax a tad...its just cooooomedy!! i make fun of myself ALOT n know i can take a joke since i dish it out so much!!

P.S. note to self...dmn it im new but i need to learn how to use the stupid multi-quote thingy...(sorry guys im playin catch up)

aradhana

Thanks! You look awesome, and it looks like DDB works with your general coloring very well. This is really helpful because it looks like your hair color is almost if not exactly the same as mine. And maybe your skin tone, too? I'm NC40/42, and I was worried that I'd walk around with busted brows because they don't match my hair/overall skin tone well haha.
thanks moonzie! i'm glad the pic helped! are you ordering online or going to a store?
i waited to go in store so that i could test it...i also found it looked a bit light in online swatches, but it turns out it's fine when it goes in my brows.
(my skintone's just a tiny bit darker - nc43 (darker in summer).

KiKi Kontour

eeksign.gif
giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl **whispering** im at work catchin up on this thread...i MAINLY came here for the reviews on them before i decide the brow gel or pencil but became thoroughly DISTRACTED by **ahem** OTHERS...when i seen this shyt right here...this shyt right here dawg **katt williams voice** omg...i almost peed my phkn pants
rofl.gif

Copperhead

eeksign.gif
giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl **whispering** im at work catchin up on this thread...i MAINLY came here for the reviews on them before i decide the brow gel or pencil but became thoroughly DISTRACTED by **ahem** OTHERS...when i seen this shyt right here...this shyt right here dawg **katt williams voice** omg...i almost peed my phkn pants
rofl.gif
girlhaha.gif

MissTT

I think I'm going to try to get my hands on DBB gelcreme and the 208. Hopefully I can create a natural, but clean brow look.

sherm

I saw some chatter about Dipdown fl vs Deep Dark Brunette gel creme. Does anyone here use Dipdown for brows, and if so would you be kind enough to post a photo of your brows with it? I want DDB but I can't do makeup purchases this month :(

erine1881

I saw some chatter about Dipdown fl vs Deep Dark Brunette gel creme. Does anyone here use Dipdown for brows, and if so would you be kind enough to post a photo of your brows with it? I want DDB but I can't do makeup purchases this month :(
Do you use IG? Or even youtube? Pretty much every makeup look on there is done using dipdown in the brows :)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881
I wouldnt recommend doing it for any product, ever, but, as it's not being applied on the eye, I'd say you'd be ok (definitely don't do this with a normal fluidline!). I'd recommend doing a small bit at a time in a sample jar, rather than the whole jar at once.

Actually i was thinking of eye liner, for the eye. Why would adding a drop or two of glycerin be a bad thing?

P.S. Just saw your link, lyseD. I'll take a look.

erine1881

Actually i was thinking of eye liner, for the eye. Why would adding a drop or two of glycerin be a bad thing? P.S. Just saw your link, lyseD. I'll take a look.
Introducing any form of liquid (glycerin, fix+, MM) other than alcohol can cause mold and bacteria to grow. It's the same reason pressed shadows should never be used wet.

KiKi Kontour

Actually i was thinking of eye liner, for the eye. Why would adding a drop or two of glycerin be a bad thing?

P.S. Just saw your link, lyseD. I'll take a look.
i've actually done CPR on some gel liners lately...i used my MUFE eye sealer thingy (i think thats the name, it comes in a small bottle) and i did a drop in my wet n wild and l'oreal hip duo gel liners cuz it was kinda dry n they came back to life!!

BuickMackane

i've actually done CPR on some gel liners lately...i used my MUFE eye sealer thingy (i think thats the name, it comes in a small bottle) and i did a drop in my wet n wild and l'oreal hip duo gel liners cuz it was kinda dry n they came back to life!!
I thought the MUFE Eye Sealer was for making things waterproof. I know a drop or two of MAC's Mixing Medium can revive gel liners but I didn't know that the Eye Sealer could be used in the same way.

KiKi Kontour

well i guess i learned somethin new
th_thdeadea.gif
maaaaan my gel liners were drier than a prostitute wit a fat man n i did a drop of that sealer n well...guess it came back to life as waterproof lol. i initially got it to use it w/loose powders as liners but never got around to it (this was before i discovered the world of mixing mediums). my gel liner was dry n said to myself "self...go head n try this bottle sittin doin nothin" n it was more vibrant than before. it definitely does what it says as in SEAL!! i read how some use it under mac pp's but either way it does stay put.

Baby1black

my hair is a warm black (you can only see the brown when intense light shines through it) but my brows look super black.  DDB reads very natural - much more natural than the darker brown brow powder i was using from illamasqua (thunder). i also picked up the clear brow grooming gel - i found that it darkened up the 'brown' just a smidge when i applied it after the brow fluidline...just enough to make it look quite black....here's a pic where i have both on my brows. i hope it helps!
Thanks aradhana for posting your pic using DDB . I was a little skeptical as I tried using dip down and really looked harsh . I will probably order now from Nordstrom although I know it is BO but I will try since I can not make it to a store. I will probably get the 208 brush but not this month. I spent so much on mac collections,that I really need to be very specific next month with Archie girls and vgn2

aradhana

Thanks aradhana for posting your pic using DDB . I was a little skeptical as I tried using dip down and really looked harsh . I will probably order now from Nordstrom although I know it is BO but I will try since I can not make it to a store. I will probably get the 208 brush but not this month. I spent so much on mac collections,that I really need to be very specific next month with Archie girls and vgn2
i like the 208 better than the brush i have (it's less wide, so i feel like it's easier to control without being narrow enough to slow things down), but i'd feel excessive getting another brush since the difference isn't THAT huge. but if i had unlimited funds, that'd be another story... ;)

Latest posts