MAC Trends for A/W 08

rocking chick

I can't believe it! The trends for A/W 08 is already out. Please read on for more info,all courtesy to Kiss & Makeup.

I'm sure you can't have missed the lovely collections from MAC that I've been bringing you, well now I have the latest tips about the trends for the forthcoming season. They come straight from the MAC makeup artist himself, the fab Terry Barber who spoke to us a couple of weeks ago. He talked us through the latest in trends, and was kind enough to makeup some models so we could see the looks firsthand.
Read on for a rundown.

ARTSY
This is all about broken colour, and the way modernism and Gaugin have inspired beauty. It takes make up artist back to the techniques of painters on a canvas. It mixes pastels with acid brights for a NASTY GLAMOUR look.

GRAPHIC
This is all about Pop art and Warhol-esque eyes. Liner goes cubist, look at interesting twists and shapes.

HONED
You can see this look above, it's all about undetectable makeup which is monochromatic and a lovely Parisienne brow. It's a bout a return to innocence, and this was seen on the Cavalli catwalk.

DE-VINE

This is the RED lip with OFFENCE. It's all about barely there makeup, like a light Chianti for the lips. Think little Red Riding Hood.. who ate the wolf!

GLAMODRAMA

This is all about fantasy, french cartoon characters, blue lips and marbelized eyeshadows. Think girls that were goth, gone rich.

SEVENTEASE
It's about the slutty seventies, think Kim Basinger and purple and pewter. The key is metal eyes, and Studio 54 style. look at elongated seventies eyes, and use the disco era.

CULT OF THE CHERRY
This is about overrich pigments that look wet for a lascivious sexy look.

Pls click on the link below for pics *all courtesy to Kiss And Makeup*
Kiss And Makeup: MAC Trends for A/W 08

spectrolite

Wow thanks for the link
smiles.gif

I'm not really sure I'm liking the looks he did though. The models look like a quartet of flesh eating zombies. Braaaaains!! Maybe it's just my monitor's colour settings >_<

ms.marymac

Does anyone else want to roll their eyes when they hear hair stylists/makeup artists/fashion designers describe a trend or look during fashion shows and whatnot? It usually doesn't make sense. "The look of the moment is the bag lady in Prada while the wind is blowing." "It's the child of the Goth girl who had babies with Gene Shallot during a cocaine induced haze at a quaint barn in Vermont...think 60's milk maid in space."

Seriously. Just watch the runway reports on Vogue.com.

Sorry, it drives me nuts. Thanks for the post, though. lol

And you HAVE to google Gene Shallot if you don't know who he is.

aziajs

Interesting. So these are collection names? I like the name and idea behind Seventease. Cute. Glamodrama sounds like EVEN MORE MES. Geesh.

I'm mad at the Cult of Cherry model. She looks like she belongs in the Makeup Mistakes by WOC thread. LOL.

mac%20trends_edited-1.jpg

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Interesting. So these are collection names?

I wonder that, too?

Winthrop44

"It's about the slutty seventies, think Kim Basinger and purple and pewter"???

I'm sure KB appreciated that! NOT. Geesh.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
I'm not really sure I'm liking the looks he did though

I'm very sure I'm not!
th_LMAO.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
"It's about the slutty seventies, think Kim Basinger and purple and pewter"???

I'm sure KB appreciated that! NOT. Geesh.

No kidding! But I have to admit though, when I think of purple and pewter, I instantly think of sluts.

lol.gif

sofabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Interesting. So these are collection names? I like the name and idea behind Seventease. Cute. Glamodrama sounds like EVEN MORE MES. Geesh.

I'm mad at the Cult of Cherry model. She looks like she belongs in the Makeup Mistakes by WOC thread. LOL.

mac%20trends_edited-1.jpg

LOL I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!! The cherry of cult model looks horrendous!

II3rinII

these are not collection names, they are "trends" in makeup. like now the current trends are: acrylic, alabaster, fleshmetal and slated. at update we watch videos that explain the trends that are seen on the runways and we can "dumb it down" for regular wear, like turning it from the catwalk to the sidewalk. so i guess next update, we will be learning about these new "trends".

and ms. mary mac, your right, the discriptions of runway shows never make sence, do you read them with a staunch european accent cuz i do! i think its cuz the guy from the mac videos talks with an accent, so when i read things like that i automatically hear his voice.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
these are not collection names, they are "trends" in makeup. like now the current trends are: acrylic, alabaster, fleshmetal and slated. at update we watch videos that explain the trends that are seen on the runways and we can "dumb it down" for regular wear, like turning it from the catwalk to the sidewalk. so i guess next update, we will be learning about these new "trends".

and ms. mary mac, your right, the discriptions of runway shows never make sence, do you read them with a staunch european accent cuz i do! i think its cuz the guy from the mac videos talks with an accent, so when i read things like that i automatically hear his voice.

Ha ha! I do to!

BunnyBunnyBunny

I love the look with "Honed" I would just give her some eyebrows. I hate the Cult of Cherry look. That is terrrriiibbble. Looks like a CoverGirl disaster or something. =/

And have you guys noticed how Glamodrama looks really photoshopped. Her skin is like such a solid color with no shadows anywhere, her eyes and lips are so harsh against the skin, and then her chest area is like, flat. And she's at an angle. And her shirt is so angular and stuff. It looks so fake!!

rbella

Honed looks stoned

Glamodrama looks like a friggin' zombie

Seven Tease looks pissed b/c she is slutty

and Cult Of Cherry looks like she is about to kick my ass.

Latest posts