Mac trip 6 cool eyes limited ed

Tina78

Here I am again,

I bought this from a seller whoI know sells genuine Mac, I bought eyeshadow and brow shader and caffn8me had confirmed that his items are genuine in a previous post.

When I went to look for more information (wanted to know what the colours were),
I found ( or actually xqueeze-me found for me!) that the brushes look very different in lenght.

Brush number is 219SE

The one I purchased:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270109677135

The other ones found:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2905785/...WkrhIbXyBi1eTw

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOX-MAC-EYE-...QQcmdZViewItem

Hope I bought a genuine product..! ? And if I did why is the brush so different?

dangerousmuffins

Hello there!

I have never heard of a palette called "trip cool eyes."
I don't know all the palettes well enough to say if this was just a case of misnamed palette. To me, those colors and the order that they are in, to my recollection, do not match any known MAC palette. I could be wrong though.

It is also a warning sign that the ebay seller didn't list the shadows, but the finishes instead. All palettes have the shadow names on the back, why couldn't she have listed them??? hmmm....

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
Hello there!

I have never heard of a palette called "trip cool eyes."
I don't know all the palettes well enough to say if this was just a case of misnamed palette. To me, those colors and the order that they are in, to my recollection, do not match any known MAC palette. I could be wrong though.

It is also a warning sign that the ebay seller didn't list the shadows, but the finishes instead. All palettes have the shadow names on the back, why couldn't she have listed them??? hmmm....

They're actually called "6 Cool Eyes" but we don't know if they're real or not. :S

The 213SE brush with it (purchased) looks different compared to the other ones we found on other websites.

(Description of the purchased product)
"A unique quad of six cool shades of Eye Shadow specially compiled to create the looks of M·A·C Beauty Icon. Featured finishes include Frost, Lustre, Satin and Veluxe Pearl."

(Description of the same product that's still in auction)

* WHITE FROST (Frost)
* GLEAM (Lustre)
* WOODWINKED (Veluxe Pearl)
* PINK FREEZE (Frost)
* AQUADISIAC (Lustre)
* PRINT (Satin)

caffn8me

Bear in mind that the brushes are not a standard product and so are made for each individual collection. There may be slight variations in construction and length between a 213SE brush in one collection and a different collection. If you compare the brush with the one shown on Nordstrom's having adjusted the brightness and contrast so that you can see both ends clearly, it's identical in length but different to the Tailormade 213SE brush.

I would be very surprised if this pallette wasn't genuine.

Taj

Cool down baby, both are real. I bought my trip 6 cool eyes just yesterday at Duty Free Shop MAC counter. Its exclusive at DFS ! ! JUST LIKE YOURS ! ! !

The other one is sold at regular MAC counters, and I believe is a limited holiday collection 2 years (or so) before .

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
Cool down baby, both are real. I bought my trip 6 cool eyes just yesterday at Duty Free Shop MAC counter. Its exclusive at DFS ! ! JUST LIKE YOURS ! ! !

The other one is sold at regular MAC counters, and I believe is a limited holiday collection 2 years (or so) before .

Just wondering, how much did the 6 cool eyes cost at the Duty Free Shop MAC Counter?
greengrin.gif

It looks a little sketchy to me. I'm not sure if it's real or not. I have never seen that set, but you never know. It may have been a limited over seas set or limited from a few years ago. I hope it's real!

another thing. The brush has a silver ferrel(the metal part) and recently they have been only coming out with colored or black ferrels for the holiday sets. I haven't seen a silver ferrel short handle brush since my first brush set 5 years ago. I'm still not sure, but thats just another thing I was concerned about.