MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

Spanky

HOLY SHIT, NARCISSUS IS BEING REPROMOTED!!! I had MAJOR regret skipping that when it came out. I also HAVE to get Sweet Samba blush since it's the name of my favorite waxing salon. XD
OT: Which locale do u go to? How are there other services besides waxing? TIA.

ladyarwen

OT: Which locale do u go to? How are there other services besides waxing? TIA.
I go to the one in midtown. I can't comment on their other services like facials and massages because I've never gotten any. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! Their staff is professional and friendly though.

Corally

THIS COLLECTION. WANT. NEEEED. :shocked: I have no self-control when it comes to mineralize collections so I hope I have similar stuff so I can skip a few things. :wishlist: Mineralize Lipsticks Midnight Mambo –Intense violet Cremesheen Glass Fever Isle – Bright red coral Narcissus – Mid-tone eggplant Mineralize Blush Sweet Samba –Dark pink with tan pearlized pigments Exotic Ember – Orange with bronze pearlized pigments Simmer- Burnt rose with peach/gold pearlized pigments Mineralize Skinfinish Adored – Coral with light beige pearlized pigments Rio – Bronze with bright pink pearlized pigments Lust – Pale pink with cranberry pearlized pigments Mineralize Eyeshadow Dare to Bare – Light cream with gold pearlized pigments

2browneyes

Narcissus is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
pompom.gif
clapping.gif
yahoo.gif
clap.gif
dothewave.gif
rasta.gif

kissy89

UGH, just calculated the price of my wish list...$235 + tax. Not good. I'm sure stuff will come off the list once swatches show up though.

Oh hey! I just realized that Gold Deposit and Soft 'n' Gentle are perm. Can anyone who has those tell us what they're like and possibly provide pics and swatches?
I have both. I will post swatches in about an hour!!

kissy89

mac_wishlist.gif
hope its shrinks some later on once I can see swatches.

Calypso Beat –Pale neutral pinkl​
Japanese Spring - Pale mid-tone pink​
Narcissus – Mid-tone eggplant​
Lip Pencil
Have to Have It – Soft warm beige​
Heroine – Bright purple BU​
Mineralize Blush
Sweet Samba –Dark pink with tan pearlized pigments (still on the fence of this one, if its anything like love joy then its a no go for me! too dark on me)
Exotic Ember – Orange with bronze pearlized pigments
Simmer- Burnt rose with peach/gold pearlized pigments

Mineralize Skinfinish
Adored – Coral with light beige
pearlized pigments
Rio – Bronze with bright pink p
earlized pigments
Lust – Pale pink with cranberry
pearlized pigments

Mineralize Eyeshadow
Dare to Bare – Light cream with gold pearlized pigments
Carribean –Rose with pink and red pearlized pigments
Bossa Blue – Royal blue with brown pearlized pigments

xasperadastra

My list based on the color story MAY be:

Fever Isle cremesheen glass

Simmer blush (but knowing me, I may take two blush -__-)

Lust MSF (same here, I may take two msf)

Mes are big maybes ....Carribean and Cha cha cha? Or even nothing, who knows!

Rinstar

Honestly, I've been feeling sad that MAC stuff hasn't been wowing me lately, but seeing this info, I'm happy because now I have more money for this collection!!

Ana A

I wish I knew when Rihanna's summer collection is coming out so I could plan, this collection is suicide..everything sounds gorgeous!...and expensive lol

aradhana

i'm going to budget for 3 blushes, 3 skinfinishes, all the shadows, 1 liner and 1 lipstick...hopefully the swatches/pics that roll in will shorten my list rather than lengthen it!

Pinkdollface

I'm always a sucker for the big mineral collection and this year will be no different. I might get a Narcissus BU, but I'm not sure yet. I'm not sure about the other lipproducts either. The only mineralized lipstick I might get is Midnight Mambo, but it depends on swatches. I wonder how close Fever Isle is to Star Quality. I didn't get Japanese Spring last time, because it didn't stand out. I might get Calypso Beat, because I don't have a neutral or pink cremesheen glass yet and it could be very useful. I think I might as well get all my Heroine and Ablaze lipliner BU's with Fashion Sets. I'm not even sure I want a BU of Ablaze at all. For the rest my list is.

Lip Pencil
Tropica - Silver blue with purple pearlize pigments

Mineralize Blush
Sweet Samba –Dark pink with tan pearlized pigments

Mineralize Skinfinish
Adored – Coral with light beige pearlized pigments
Rio – Bronze with bright pink pearlized pigments
Lust – Pale pink with cranberry pearlized pigments

Mineralize Eyeshadow
Cha-Cha-Cha – Deep blue green with green pearlized pigments
Time to Tango- Lavendar with silver pearlized pigments
Bossa Blue – Royal blue with brown pearlized pigments

Brush
159 Brush - Duo fibre face brush

I'm trying to skip some MES, but the three left on my list sound so nice! I'm also really interested in Tropica lipliner, it sounds so unique. I wish they would describe the brush more in detail, cause now it has the same description as the 187. I love my duo fibre brushes, so it will most likely come home with me, but I just want to know what shape it has.

PrettyKitty

This is my wish list, no lipstick for me since the other collection with 7 orange lipsticks is enough for me lol

Lip Pencil
Hip ‘n’ Happy – Mid-tone blue pink

Mineralize Blush (I will probably only buy 1 or 2)

Mineralize Skinfinish
Adored – Coral with light beige
pearlized pigments
Rio – Bronze with bright pink p
earlized pigments

Mineralize Eyeshadow
Dare to Bare – Light cream with gold pearlized pigments

Rinstar

I have no clue what I would need a silver blue lipliner for, but Tropica is totally on my list.
I'm also thinking about a couple of the Cremesheen glasses (my fave formula), possibly all 3 MBs, Adored, Rio and maybe Lust MSFs and possibly an MES or two, pending swatches.
mac_wishlist.gif

MACina

I think that it looks awesome with purple lippies
eyelove.gif

I have no clue what I would need a silver blue lipliner for, but Tropica is totally on my list.
I'm also thinking about a couple of the Cremesheen glasses (my fave formula), possibly all 3 MBs, Adored, Rio and maybe Lust MSFs and possibly an MES or two, pending swatches.
mac_wishlist.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Mineralize Blush

Mineralize Skinfinish
Adored – Coral with light beigepearlized pigments
Rio – Bronze with bright pink pearlized pigments
Lust – Pale pink with cranberry pearlized pigments

Mineralize Eyeshadow
Dare to Bare

159 Brush - Duo fibre face brush

I hope the MES and the MBs aren't too shimmery. If the MBs are on the same shimmer level as Amber Glow then I'm not sure if I'll get any of them. Same with the MES, if they're like Silver Birch, Ice etc, I'm skipping. I do think they're pretty, but way too shimmery for me to use them for daytime looks, so they wouldn't get much love.
If they are as amazing as I hope I'll want at least everything I listed above, which would be an estimated damage of ca 220€. Umm, maybe I should hope for glitter bombs.
shockt.gif

And I will try to get a CP for the brush, since MAC's face brushes are hella pricey here. I'm so excited to see it!
What's everyones idea of how it will look? I'm thinking maybe it's a large powder brush.

Kaidan

Thank you so much for the information, maneater! :)

I usually skip summer collections, but this one along with the orange one are too good to skip.

Wishlist for now:

Mineralize Eyeshadow
Carribean –Rose with pink and red pearlized pigments
Cha-Cha-Cha – Deep blue green with green pearlized pigments
Time to Tango- Lavender with silver pearlized pigments
Bossa BlueRoyal blue (OMG! *_*/dead)with brown pearlized pigments

Tropica's description sounds perfect for an eyeliner. I'd love to see swatches of that one soon.