MAC Update.

lipshock

Soooo,

I am going to Update tomorrow for the first time and I am so excited/nervous/freaking out. I was just wondering if the lovely MAC employees, previous or current, can give me a heads up as to what Update is like.

I went into my store today to pick up my brushes and some of my co-workers talked a little about it but they were sort of busy so we couldn't really have a chit-chat about all the details. I know Update is when you are educated on the upcoming collections and do makeup on the other MAC MAs for practice and such, but is there anything else I need to know?

Also, any Specktra-ettes who work for MAC in the DC/MD/VA going to Update tomorrow? I would love to meet some of you lovely ladies (and gents, if there are any).

Thanks, in advance, for any helpful tips, hints, and suggestions!

GreekChick

Update is fun! You will also gain weight from all the food that is provided! Just relax and be sure to bring your brushes!

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Update is fun! You will also gain weight from all the food that is provided! Just relax and be sure to bring your brushes!

Agreed.

Also, be careful what information you share. Re-read the Estee Lauder Code of Conduct (Sections on Ethical Business Practices & Communication w/ Third Parties).

In late July, (started @ MAC July 9th) I received a communication that, let's just say - caused me to re-think what I post on forums like this.

HTH!

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
Agreed.

Also, be careful what information you share. Re-read the Estee Lauder Code of Conduct (Sections on Ethical Business Practices & Communication w/ Third Parties).

In late July, (started @ MAC July 9th) I received a communication that, let's just say - caused me to re-think what I post on forums like this.

HTH!

Oh yes, yes, I am not going to be placing my job in jeopardy by "leaking" too much information regarding upcoming collections. My manager told me that MAC is starting to get really serious about cracking down (coughfiringcough) on the issue of employees that post images from their Update book on the internet, as well giving full collection information from the Update book. So, basically none of that for me. I am not about to burn my bridges with such a great company. I have realized that many MAs are very discreet and professional in regards to this issue but then there are others that are just playing chicken with their jobs. Not a good idea, imo.

Anywho, thanks so much for your advice! I did have fun. It was a lot to take in but it was fun.

FacesbyNiki

I go on sunday.
cheerleader.gif

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I go on sunday.
cheerleader.gif

That's awesome that there is a FL Update now. Where is it being held? You're going to love the new stuff coming out .. I'm sure of it.
smiles.gif

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShexyKristin
Damn I wish I worked for MAC.... :p Have fun!!

It is ssooooooo much fun.
clap.gif

I get to play with beautiful make-up all day!
cheerleader.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
That's awesome that there is a FL Update now. Where is it being held? You're going to love the new stuff coming out .. I'm sure of it.
smiles.gif

The one I'm attending is in Annapolis. boo.
ssad.gif

I've seen some of the new stuff last weekend, looks so pretty. I just can't wait to play with it.
cheerleader.gif

lipshock

Quote:
The one I'm attending is in Annapolis. boo.
ssad.gif

I've seen some of the new stuff last weekend, looks so pretty. I just can't wait to play with it.
cheerleader.gif

That's the one I attended as well. Is it with Tanya and Jesse? You'll have fun with the sculpting and highlighting powders! so, so pretty!

Katura

Quote:
I go on sunday.
cheerleader.gif

I was supposed to go to update in annapolis on sunday, i was really sick.

I shall be there on monday, I cant wait!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
That's the one I attended as well. Is it with Tanya and Jesse? You'll have fun with the sculpting and highlighting powders! so, so pretty!

I have no idea who will be there.

LilChocolateMa and i are hoping Danny will be there. He's leaving us.
ssad.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
I was supposed to go to update in annapolis on sunday, i was really sick.

I shall be there on monday, I cant wait!

I go this sunday, Oct. 14th.

lipshock

Quote:
Update Rawked yesterday.

Love you Sarah, Dennis and LilChocolatema!!

cheerleader.gif

Awesome!
smiles.gif

Sarah and Dennis introduce yourselves!

Bernadette

I have update tomorrow, I love update! Every tiem I go to anything like that all day I'm like, "I can't believe I get paid for this, my job ROCKS!" Oh and it's so true that MAC hooks it up with the food! I always show up early to everything to start enjoying breakfast early haha. Plus it's cool meeting people from all of the different locations...

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Awesome!
smiles.gif

Sarah and Dennis introduce yourselves!

lmao.gif

They aren't members on here.

lmao.gif

Katura

Telll me you guys got to play with Jesse and Tanya!

"Talk about it!"

lol..I will post a picof me and one of my regional trainers after lunch... He is SUCH a trip!!!!!!!!

lipshock

I LOVE Jesse and Tanya!

"Talk about it" :finger snap, arm in the air: He was so funny. He actually called me out at update because I was putting on some B&BW lip balm and he was like "Oh, girl, that's a reeeeeal pretty colour. What colour is that?" But you knew he was only doing that because it wasn't MAC, I was so embarrassed but then he started to laugh.

Did he dance at your update? He was popping his booty like crazy at mine. Hehe. It was too, too funny.