MAC Velvetease Collection (Dec 10 / 17, 2015)

elegant-one

I agree!

Thanks. Maybe Oh Honey since it's the only one that looks different to me. Like Naturally Transformed from the Matte.

These are the 3 I was looking at but I have colors like ATP and VT and I keep buying them over and over.

Omg you know I haven't been on much when I saw the email from MAC before this post! I felt so regular :roflmao:

:rofl:

montREALady

Lolll. Hey my sis is in Montreal and these are already in her store! She swatched Velvet Teen two days ago!

Edit to add her pic:
She was showing me how the liners compared since I just got Nightmoth and want Cyberworld. She didn't tell me what the other two swatches were until I mentioned Velvetease this a.m. Velvet Teen is above "CW" aka Cyberworld right under my watermark. Then she told me the dark to the bottom right (almost a shadow!) is the Dark Desires black one.
IMG-20151210-WA0005_wm.jpg
Right is Vino, Currant, Nightmoth then the black from Dark Desires.

Last edited:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Nay, was that actually the MAC pencil in that photo I liked or are we just unsure what the actual product was?

No, it really was ATP in that photo. But since that was so long ago and it took forever for them to be released I'm wondering if they changed the shade a little? :hmm:

bunnypoet

That looks really really different from that earlier photo that I loved. I don't want the red-plum base :doh: I just want nude dusty mauve

Yes, yes, yes. Why does MAC (and other makeup lines) ruin mauves so often with red and brown (or fuchsia) tones? :shakehead:

Haven

I ordered ATP. Hopefully it will look ok. Seems to be one of those chameleon colors- different in every pic I see. :scratch:

leonah

aim to please reminds me a lot of in control PLW lip liner like oh honey reminds me of the PLW lip liner version... but I think I will get ATP anyway when it arrives here to try it out :)

btw H&M has a chubby lip pencil that's called bonne vivante and it's beautiful for all you mauve lovers! although it's more like a cremesheen version so it's a bit glossier in finish and it's super cheap too!

Last edited:

NaomiH

That looks really really different from that earlier photo that I loved. I don't want the red-plum base :doh: I just want nude dusty mauve

I hate when you just have to hope it's what you want. I'm tempted to order it,but want to at least wait for Bloomies or Nordies so I can get cashback. Maybe I'll just stick to my plan and check them out the next time I'm in Austin. Decisions decisions.

elegant-one

I hate when you just have to hope it's what you want. I'm tempted to order it,but want to at least wait for Bloomies or Nordies so I can get cashback. Maybe I'll just stick to my plan and check them out the next time I'm in Austin. Decisions decisions.

Yep...I had my heart so set on the perfect nudie mauve:doh: I guess I'll find out tomorrow...unless UPS screws up.

Marsha Pomells

In regards to 'mauvegate', I went on Google and there was like several shades of mauve. Google even chucked in a green for good measure.