MAC Versicolour Stain Collection (March 31, 2016)

verorl

I wanted to order some, but then info for Vibe Tribe came out and I want so much from that, plus I just got hit with a big expense... So no stains for me for now.

good thing they are permanent!

lyseD

I had a little interest in these, thought I might go to the store and try them out. But for $28.50 CND I think I can safely pass.

CaroLynn

:confused:Hmmmmm...not quite as I thought they would be. They do appear to "stain" pretty well. But I'm on the fence now. Waiting on the Lancome Juicy Shakers I ordered, which also purport to be "staining." Those may fit the bill and save my pennies for the MAC Future and Vibe.

I saw those! What colors did you order?

fur4elise

I saw those! What colors did you order?

I ordered Berry In Love, Mangoes Wild & Wonder Melon. I have worn both the Mangoes Wild & Wonder Melon and :heart::heart::heart: love them!

They truly are a mixed purpose product: part lip treatment, part lip gloss & part stain. They smell lovely! And the applicator is super cushy soft! Once the "gloss" which is more like a longer lasting lip treatment oil wears away
I find my lips are not dried out and they are left with a lovely stain. I am so glad I went with these. I have been using a liner to keep the product from bleeding. And to bump up the lip look the other night I applied an actual lip gloss over the product. I think they are fantastic!

CaroLynn

I ordered Berry In Love, Mangoes Wild & Wonder Melon. I have worn both the Mangoes Wild & Wonder Melon and :heart::heart::heart: love them!

They truly are a mixed purpose product: part lip treatment, part lip gloss & part stain. They smell lovely! And the applicator is super cushy soft! Once the "gloss" which is more like a longer lasting lip treatment oil wears away
I find my lips are not dried out and they are left with a lovely stain. I am so glad I went with these. I have been using a liner to keep the product from bleeding. And to bump up the lip look the other night I applied an actual lip gloss over the product. I think they are fantastic!

So glad to hear that! I was torn between Mangoes Wild and Bohemian Raspberry. I ended up ordering Raspberry, even though I couldn't find a swatch anywhere. Looking forward to receiving it!

Monsy

I am waiting for these to show up in store to play with the colors but would like to pick up couple of them

BeautyFan55

The Versicolours definitely stain quite quickly. I also think the Versicolours have a thinner consistency compared to YSL glossy stains. I like it because I think it will be easier to apply thin, even layers. I am tired from work so I haven't had a chance to wear them on my lips yet. Based on what I see so far I think the formula is pretty good. If they perform well on the lips I will buy more for sure.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

I tried a couple of these today. I love how these feel on the lips initially..neutral so far as the day goes on. On me and the MAC MUA there this morning, these bleed a lot and quickly. I ended up with Tattoo My Heart. It did not bleed noticeably much at all, and the color was lovely and even. The stain is also nice. Preserving Passion was the other I tried, and it was sadly thin, patchy, and bled like whoa. I'm happy I bought the one I have, but I'm not sure these are a product I, personally, will buy more of. They're kinda pricey.

lilinah

I liked the packaging of the Versicolours. It's distinctive and modern.

But the colors in this collection were just not attracting me. I tested a couple... and i'm just not a stain fan. Plus i already have so many of the colors in lipstick form there was no reason for me to pick any up.

Honi

Trying out preserving passion atm. The shade is gorgeous but I'm not sure about the formula..

GreenEyedAllie

Trying out preserving passion atm. The shade is gorgeous but I'm not sure about the formula..

Mia that the only one you have? If so, do not judge all by it. I also adored that color, but did not like how it was to use. The other one I tried (and ended up buying) was night and day better formula-wise...Tattoo My Heart.

ahoythere

Was excited about these until I saw the pics...same exact colors as EVERY other lipstick/lipgloss collection MAC has done lately. I can see why everybody is getting super bored of MAC.

Exactly this! And where are all the neutrals???? Not everybody wants to wear a baby pink, a bright orange, 2 corals, one hot pink, 2 reds and a magenta!

Misato-san

I've got It's never-ending! and... I love it!
it's pigmented, stains so heavenly... yesterday I had pizza for dinner and after that, a Coke and some water... it was just perfect.
I want more!

Jayjayy

Here is Preserving Passion...I LOVE it! Tbh tho, it reminds me of Flat Out Fabulous. As always please excuse my messy face...I've been wearing this powder foundation all day & I'm testing a new cream eyeshadow lol. It's been on for about 30 minutes...not sticky or drying, but not moisturizing.

image.jpeg

Shars

Here is Preserving Passion...I LOVE it! Tbh tho, it reminds me of Flat Out Fabulous. As always please excuse my messy face...I've been wearing this powder foundation all day & I'm testing a new cream eyeshadow lol. It's been on for about 30 minutes...not sticky or drying, but not moisturizing.

View attachment 53529

That is a pretty lipstick shade on you! I don't think I've ever seen you post a face shot. Hey pretty Jayy!!!

verorl

View attachment 53529

It looks really pretty on you.

Latest posts