MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

Mac-Guy

Thanks for your advice- I just tried it with a fan brush and it's not nearly as scary as it looks in the pan!

Glad it worked out for you. AB has some bronze undertones, which tone down the red that can look clownish, especially on NW skin.

Mac-Guy

I've been waiting years for Hot Chocolate to come back. I paired it with Morning Coffee on light makeup days and it was the best. I stopped using HC cause it was running low. I'm so happy it's back and I hope everybody will be able to get their hands on it because it's truly a beautiful color.

I also picked up MC with HC. It's a perfect match. <3

rockin

Did anybody notice that the beige color of the packaging is different on almost every product, including the brushes?

You're right - I just received my order in the post, and every item has a different shade of beige plastic. I assume this must be intentional, as I don't see how they could have made them all so different accidentally.

Mac-Guy

You're right - I just received my order in the post, and every item has a different shade of beige plastic. I assume this must be intentional, as I don't see how they could have made them all so different accidentally.

I think it's pure accident. Probably different suppliers.

NATlar

Did anybody notice that the beige color of the packaging is different on almost every product, including the brushes?

all my packaging is the same... that's odd!

rinacee

Did you ask them whether they have received the complete collection? My store had the collection in the backroom for two weeks and were not allowed to sell. But some items were not delivered.
I didn't ask! Interesting about some not being there.

leonah

does anyone have swatches of delphic? can only find the old delphic as the ED bronzer so not sure if there is any difference or nah. kinda want both the bronzers (delphic and golden rinse) to use the lighter one in winter/fall and the other one during spring/summer when I'm tan wonder if it will work or is delphic too orangey for a nc? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ninahita

I was hoping it would be released here today in the Netherlands. In a livechat I was told it was supposed to go online today, but is also now delayed by two weeks..
do you live close to germany? münster and aachen have them already in store. at least in the douglas and pieper stores.
but as far as i know, no store has the glowstone powder. the one thing i really wanted :D

i liked the bronzers better than expected (was trying to talk myself out of them, because I already have 2 others i should use first).
the blushes were gorgeous, adobe brick even left a little stain on my skin, so it should last a long time.
so far it's been 2 days and nothing has sold out in my town. weird. if they still have adobe brick next week, i'll buy it.

Monsy

does anyone have swatches of delphic? can only find the old delphic as the ED bronzer so not sure if there is any difference or nah. kinda want both the bronzers (delphic and golden rinse) to use the lighter one in winter/fall and the other one during spring/summer when I'm tan wonder if it will work or is delphic too orangey for a nc? :rolleyes:

delphic is less "orange" than golden rinse
and they should be the same as last year

leonah

delphic is less "orange" than golden rinse
and they should be the same as last year

delphic looks kind of orangey in T's pics but not in other swatches online so weird

thanks I didn't get them before or from the wash & dry collection.just wonder if the formula is supposedly better now?

GreenEyedAllie

delphic looks kind of orangey in T's pics but not in other swatches online so weird

thanks I didn't get them before or from the wash & dry collection.just wonder if the formula is supposedly better now?

I have ZERO issues with the formula, and other bloggers including Sara from CML were confused about T's issues with those products. T does a lot of awesome work, but IMHO, she was either sent duds, used a bad brush, or something random. GR is my HG bronzer.

NATlar

I found Delphic to be really orange on me when I was playing around with in store and Golden Rinse was more of a red tone through it but wasn't that orange if you get me.

leonah

I have ZERO issues with the formula, and other bloggers including Sara from CML were confused about T's issues with those products. T does a lot of awesome work, but IMHO, she was either sent duds, used a bad brush, or something random. GR is my HG bronzer.

yeah I'm so confused and I'm visiting my parents and there is no MAC here at all only online and I will be here for a while so have gone back and forth on which bronzer or bronzers to purchase

GreenEyedAllie

yeah I'm so confused and I'm visiting my parents and there is no MAC here at all only online and I will be here for a while so have gone back and forth on which bronzer or bronzers to purchase

My best foundation matches are MAC Face & Body in N1 and NARS Terre Nueve (tiny too pink in pure radiant and perfect in the skin tint). I'm very neutral-toned for my skin. My hair is darkish auburn/red with magenta streaks, and I think my eyes are 'warm green.'

On me, Golden Rinse runs a little red toned, not orange, but it doesn't look red like sunburn. I don't know. It's a very flattering red-brown for me. The other one from last year, Delicates, worked ok but was a little too brown brown and made me look dirty more so than bronzed. Laguna works surprisingly well on me, but I need a light hand. The bronzer in the TF Afternooner palette also works well and reads a little red on me. Everything else I've tried looks orange or dirty.

Mac-Guy

I would go with GR. IMO, Delphic is a lot more orange.

Mac-Guy

I found Delphic to be really orange on me when I was playing around with in store and Golden Rinse was more of a red tone through it but wasn't that orange if you get me.

I agree. GR gives more of a sun kissed look while Delphic is more a fake bake orangey tone. For NWs, GR is the best match. For NCs, both might work, but if in doubt, I'd go with GR.

NATlar

I agree. GR gives more of a sun kissed look while Delphic is more a fake bake orangey tone. For NWs, GR is the best match. For NCs, both might work, but if in doubt, I'd go with GR.

Yeah I'm a NC and Golden Rinse looked a lot better then Delphic I didn't even like Delphic in the last collection either.

Latest posts