MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

Icecaramellatte

Wore Adobe Brick today. I used the Nars Yachiyo brush to apply it and the application was just right. Not too bright at all. I used the Tom Ford duo highlighter in the darker shade with it. I didn't know if the Gleamtones powder would be too cool with it. I still haven't used it yet. I did try the matte bronze powder and it shows up on my skin when I used the duo fiber brush from Wash & Dry like the one in this collection. The narrow one. I do think the powder may be too cool to look like bronzer on my skin. It may be better for contouring but I don't know if it is dark enough to really show much definition on my skin tone. I still haven't used the blue quad or the Firebrush bronzer. I bought quite a bit from this collection. I don't know how that happened. But so far, I like what I purchased.

Prettypackages

I can't wait to hear how you like firebrush. It's in my cart.
Wore Adobe Brick today. I used the Nars Yachiyo brush to apply it and the application was just right. Not too bright at all. I used the Tom Ford duo highlighter in the darker shade with it. I didn't know if the Gleamtones powder would be too cool with it. I still haven't used it yet. I did try the matte bronze powder and it shows up on my skin when I used the duo fiber brush from Wash & Dry like the one in this collection. The narrow one. I do think the powder may be too cool to look like bronzer on my skin. It may be better for contouring but I don't know if it is dark enough to really show much definition on my skin tone. I still haven't used the blue quad or the Firebrush bronzer. I bought quite a bit from this collection. I don't know how that happened. But so far, I like what I purchased.

Rinstar

Thanks everyone, it was super exciting and fun for sure!!

I tried my HC today and it's a tad dark for my clear lips if I apply it straight from the tube, but it is lovely if I dab some off a bit. So I'll be keeping it and wearing for sure

macaddictx

image.jpeg
Wearing HC, Painted Canyon and Dunes at Dusk for the first time. So happy I got all of them! :twirl:
PC is really pigmented though. I'm wearing HC with a Essence lipliner in Soft Berry, they are almost the same color. Dunes at Dusk is such a pretty highlighter on me. I might go buy Call Of The Canyon and Arrowhead.

NATlar

View attachment 54414
Wearing HC, Painted Canyon and Dunes at Dusk for the first time. So happy I got all of them! :twirl:
PC is really pigmented though. I'm wearing HC with a Essence lipliner in Soft Berry, they are almost the same color. Dunes at Dusk is such a pretty highlighter on me. I might go buy Call Of The Canyon and Arrowhead.

They look lovely on you.... Beautiful!!

I found PC very pigmented too what I expected the Adobe Brick blush to be like not PC haha but it's such a lovely blush easy to blend out!

macaddictx

They look lovely on you.... Beautiful!!

I found PC very pigmented too what I expected the Adobe Brick blush to be like not PC haha but it's such a lovely blush easy to blend out!

Thank you! :eek:
I found PC pulled a little bit reddish on me, but I like it. I'm NC15 for reference. I have nothing like it so I'm all good.
I also expected Adobe Brick to be like that. Your right, thankfully it's easy to blend out. :icon_cheers:

NATlar

Thank you! :eek:
I found PC pulled a little bit reddish on me, but I like it. I'm NC15 for reference. I have nothing like it so I'm all good.
I also expected Adobe Brick to be like that. Your right, thankfully it's easy to blend out. :icon_cheers:

I'm NC15 too!! I just apply PC with a small fluffy or stippling blush then blend out with my foundation brush!! I haven't worn my Hot Chocolate yet I keep forgetting I have it haha!

hippychic823

Could you swatch Adobe Brick or post a pic wearing it? Pllleeaaase :)

boschicka

Can someone recommend a color similar to Hot Chocolate, only lighter? I feel like brands lack colors like this. Their ranges go from candy pinks and corals to vampy or berry colors with very little in between.

GreenEyedAllie

Can someone recommend a color similar to Hot Chocolate, only lighter? I feel like brands lack colors like this. Their ranges go from candy pinks and corals to vampy or berry colors with very little in between.

Tom Ford So Vain is VERY close color-wise, IMO. It's a little lighter and has gold shimmer, though.

fur4elise

So fricking awesome!!! I kid you not, my hubby loves watching The Chew in the winter when his company is on hiatus! I met Clinton a few years ago at an ACRL conference where he was the closing speaker! He was funny and just very cool. I miss his show with Stacy, What Not To Wear *sad face* Now you have fabulous fashion in your closet! You must put together a look for us, head to toe! ;)

NaomiH

View attachment 54414

You look lovely!

GreenEyedAllie

View attachment 54414

Beautiful! Everything looks great on you! I love how this collection works on so many skin tones!

Rinstar

So fricking awesome!!! I kid you not, my hubby loves watching The Chew in the winter when his company is on hiatus! I met Clinton a few years ago at an ACRL conference where he was the closing speaker! He was funny and just very cool. I miss his show with Stacy, What Not To Wear *sad face* Now you have fabulous fashion in your closet! You must put together a look for us, head to toe! ;)

I miss What Not to Wear too!! I watched it for so many years! I am going to have to wear some of it this weekend, so I'll post a pic!

I wore Golden Rinse, Painted Canyon, Wild Horses quad and Take the Plunge today!! LOVE the quad and liner! The blush is lovely, I really have similar things I think, but I love it anyway. I like Golden Rinse, but think I might like Nude on Board PLW bronzer from Temperature Rising better.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks ladies :)

I have been donating to Pet Rescue in NY (http://ny-petrescue.org) for a few years now and that's where Clinton got his rescue dog. So every year around Christmas time, they have a thing where if you donate a certain amount, you're entered to win something. One year, I won a coffee mug with Clinton's face on it. This year, the top prize was a $1000 shopping trip in NYC with Clinton and I won!! It was amazing- I went to a taping of The Chew in the morning and then we went to Lord & Taylor on 5th ave, where I had a private dressing room stocked with tons of stuff to try on! So here's what I actually got-

View attachment 54402

View attachment 54403

No clue why this picture is upside down!

Wow! How awesome is that?!

Corally

I managed to get HC with the Douglas launch this morning. Lucky me!!:catdance: I was gutted when HC sold out within minutes on the Dutch MAC site so I'm really happy now. Should be getting it next Tuesday! I received my MAC order (Adobe Brick, Painted Canyon, DAD, make up bag) on Tuesday but haven't been able to play with my goodies yet. Everything looks soooo pretty though. :D

Latest posts