MAC virgin products...

mollythedolly

What products would you reccommend for a first-timer?

I'm not planning on spending too much. I don't know my number code thingey (the NC97,NW23.0482, etc) but I have beige skin, similar to Katie Holmes.

I'm thinking a few eyeshadows (5-6ish) one of which could double as an eyebrow color for dark blonde hair, a few blushes (2ish), a lipstick and a lipgloss. I have a lipgelee from MAC, which I love and I'd like another even though they're sheer.

Plus a few brushes... a face brush and 3 eye brushes, maybe?

I'm looking for versatility, I'd like these products to be enough to create natural looks, less natural but still fine for everyday, light going-out looks, and heavier going-out looks.

Thanks so much!

COBI

Are you buying at a store or counter? I would find an MA and ask for help (if they don't ask you first.)

If you're not able to go to a store or counter, I would check out the product swatch pages.

For the most part, almost every person will suggest 6 different shadows and 2 different blushes with a couple of overlaps.

Good luck.

purrtykitty

Maybe try a darker lipstick, that way you can sheer it up with a gloss, or use it for a more glam look. As for shadows, I'd go with a nice, light neutral (Shroom, Naked Lunch, Phloof!), a mid-tone neutral (Soba, Woodwinked, Tempting), and a dark neutral (Brun, Espresso or Carbon). Then add a couple of colors to your list (purples, greens, blues, etc...). You might try picking shadows that are in your favorite colors.

mollythedolly

The closest MAC store is about a half hour away and I don't go near there often, so I'd probably go to the counter.

Latest posts