MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

Oceanic Lily

Has anyone caught YouTube's Jaclyn Hill in her latest vid-"Nicki Minaj Makeup Tutorial"?

This woman is as INSANELY GORGEOUS as she is entertainingly informative!

If I was more proficient at posting, I would -how do you say it -Hyper Drive? umm Hyper Space?umm HyperLink?! -her URL.

Her flawless application of Magenta Lip liner, and Nicki's lippie will simply destroy you for anything less! Enjoy!
pompom.gif

Oceanic Lily

This Is Jaclyn Hill- on the right! https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/31895_264262007037687_827139061_n.jpg

Geez (sheepish grin!) I hope you all can see the photo-

tats

50069ca1_image.jpeg
New to the community here. So here is a lip combo I did with VGN2. I used Sephora Candid Candy liner all over the lips before VGN2 then applied the VGN2 gloss on top and I love it! For reference I am currently NC25. Hopefully this lipstick works for others too!!!
This lipstick works superb for you :) I can see why, lilac compliments your yellow undertone. I hope it will work for me too. I can't wait to purchase it.

martiangurll

Quote:Originally Posted by Copperhead

Wow. Nicki2 lipstick is now sold out on the U.S. site.

somehow, that makes me want it whereas before I was thinking, don't need it. I do like St. Germain and if this is a bluer based version of that, I could love it. I do want the gloss for layering purposes. Will it be restocked???

Copperhead

somehow, that makes me want it whereas before I was thinking, don't need it. I do like St. Germain and if this is a bluer based version of that, I could love it. I do want the gloss for layering purposes. Will it be restocked???
I'm pretty sure it will.

ChosenOne

It definitely will be restocked. Should be out for about a year!

lilinah

So, today i :
-- put on Strong Woman, which is too red for my taste, but i couldn't pass it up. I figure i just have to get used to myself in the color.
-- Next I lined all around with Velvetella and blended it into the lipstick a bit.
-- Then i put Nightmoth in the corners of my lips, drawing a sort of triangle, and blended it so it wouldn't look stark.
-- Finally i put VG N2 lipstick in the center of my upper and lower lips.
Not fully ombré because i was blending, but nearly so. Also, my lips aren't thin, but they're not really full enough for a major ombré.

Then I did a fairly light neutral eye:
-- Preferred Blonde from lashes to brows (i love this e/s! It's HG!).
-- Summer Haze in the outer crease and V-ing down a little on the lid, and winging up and out a bit.
-- NARS Abyssinia in the center of the lids.
-- Then i tight-lined with a slightly shiny dark brown liquid liner.

Finished with NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder (just love this stuff!) on my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead.

Oceanic Lily

Ladies! Although I might consider myself direct lineage of the KODAK dynasty- the reality is that the last time a took a phenomenal photograph....Nixon was still in office!!! Honestly, I'd love to participate in the photo op portion of this program but -(*groan*): my IPHONE doesn't like me and I'd be better of setting up an easel :)!

For all of you who remember the dreaminess of Mac's Vie Veneto dazzle glass- you cannot begin to believe how EXQUISITE it looks over Nicki 2 rimmed by Bonnie Bell's Eye Definer- (here used as a lovely deepened soft lilac/violet lip liner!)

Seriously beautiful
peace2.gif

Oceanic Lily

Ladies! Although I might consider myself direct lineage of the KODAK dynasty- the reality is that the last time a took a phenomenal photograph....Nixon was still in office!!! Honestly, I'd love to participate in the photo op portion of this program but -(*groan*): my IPHONE doesn't like me and I'd be better of setting up an easel :)!

For all of you who remember the dreaminess of Mac's Vie Veneto dazzle glass- you cannot begin to believe how EXQUISITE it looks over Nicki 2 rimmed by Bonnie Bell's Eye Definer- (here used as a lovely deepened soft lilac/violet lip liner!)

Seriously beautiful
peace2.gif
Oo-ps! That would be Bonnie Bell's Eye definer in "Heather"- tug free in its creaminess-

Oceanic Lily

Ooops- That would be Bonnie Bell Eye Definer in "HEATHER"- creamy long lasting -spot on as a violet/lilac lip liner!
peace2.gif

martiangurll

-- Then i tight-lined with a slightly shiny dark brown liquid liner.
Finished with NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder (just love this stuff!) on my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead.
thank you for posting that, I think I will try this substituting St Germain for Nicki2 (until the restock), and Vino for Nightmoth. My lips are too puny for major ombre either, but I want to try this.

I think Veronica's blush and PP from Archie will combo well with Nicki2 lip products.

And yeah, last of all, I am snagging that dang Nars powder. I have been so obsessed with MAC I have been neglecting Sephora & don't wanna lose that Beauty Insider status. Let's see what else I should add to that order...the Nars lid primer for sure. Did you get the loose or the pressed Nars powder???

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll
thank you for posting that, I think I will try this substituting St Germain for Nicki2 (until the restock), and Vino for Nightmoth. My lips are too puny for major ombre either, but I want to try this.

I think Veronica's blush and PP from Archie will combo well with Nicki2 lip products.

And yeah, last of all, I am snagging that dang Nars powder. I have been so obsessed with MAC I have been neglecting Sephora & don't wanna lose that Beauty Insider status. Let's see what else I should add to that order...the Nars lid primer for sure. Did you get the loose or the pressed Nars powder???

I got the NARS pressed version so i can carry it in my purse. It does last pretty well, but if one is out from early AM until late in the evening, it still helps to make a touch up. I want to get the loose, too, for home, but that will have to wait until next month... so I hope MAC doesn't surprise us with anything great in March, 'cuz i'm saving for the MAC makeup orgy that April will be.

PP is not a blush for me, but for those who can wear it, i'm sure it will work well with VG N2.

I was holding out for the Pearlmattes in Baking Beauties, but the pink one looks very different from Veronica's Blush Pearlmatte. So now i want it and it's SOLD OUT on the MAC site. (boo hoo) Now i'm gonna have to find one elsewhere. Sigh

RaymondKurzweil

Haven't worn my VGN2 yet but am thinking about doing the ombre lip with a combination of it and something brown.
Or does that sound totally weird?
Or is there only one way to find out?

fadetoblackkk

First time wearing a lipliner with a lighter lipstick LOL Nightmoth lipliner & VG Nicki 2 :) Like? I wanted something cool & ombre like. . . haha
graucho.gif