MAC - Viva Glam VI Special Edition Lipstick Discussion

erine1881

Re: MAC - Viva Glam Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
When does it come out? Is the VG VI SE Lipglass on the site the Fergie one?

march 19th.

chickatthegym

Does anyone have the Fergie facechart? I swear I saw it not too long ago on the old MAC website but then when they changed their website, I can't find it???

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Does anyone have the Fergie facechart? I swear I saw it not too long ago on the old MAC website but then when they changed their website, I can't find it???

its still there. go under artistry, mac looks, and VG.

wanna see before and after re-touching? not so pretty.
nope.gif

before

320_hd.jpg

after

d_200812_vivaglam.jpg

snowflakelashes

Thanks Erine love, i can't wait to get me some Viva Glam SE, at least i HOPE that the canadian site will restock when they repromote (the gloss that is, i've been eyeing it but it has never been in stock when i've checked, so here I am fingers crossed!)

franimal

I don't think the before looks so bad. They totally extended her forehead though. And they changed her eye color and eyebrows. Lame. Oh, well.

I think the lippie looks really pretty.

jenntoz

Well, at least her lips look the same in both pics & I guess that's the important thing here, lol!
lol.gif

Ernie

^^That's just the gloss though, right? I have it and it doesn't look anything like that.
The new l/s (if that earlier swatch was correct) looks like an old lady color. Sorry to those who like it.

Phylz01

Not sure if this has been posted

mac-viva-glam-vi-lipsticks.jpg

Viva Glam VI SE Lipstick and Viva Glam VI Lipstick

* Viva Glam VI Special Edition - Soft blue pink (Lustre)
* Viva Glam VI - Warm terracotta plum with subtle pearl (Lustre)

If it looks anything like the VI SE Lipglass, I'm definitely getting it!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
^^That's just the gloss though, right? I have it and it doesn't look anything like that.
The new l/s (if that earlier swatch was correct) looks like an old lady color. Sorry to those who like it.

its VG VI lipstick with VG VI SE lipglass.

iadoremac

Its aiight I will buy it just because of what Viva glam represents

GlamQueen21

When I saw pics of the Viva Glam VI SE lipstick and Viva Glam VI SE Lipglass, I do want to try it!! I also might get the Viva Glam VI lipstick and lipglass too.

Susanne

Question: Is this a new lipglass now or the one from last year??

Viva Glam VI Special Edition Soft pink-tinged mauve (frost)

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Question: Is this a new lipglass now or the one from last year??

Viva Glam VI Special Edition Soft pink-tinged mauve (frost)

only the lipstick is new. there'll be the old VG VI lipstick and lipglass (came out in '06), the new VG VI SE lipglass (last year), and the new new VG VI SE lipstick.

fash10nista

Here's the write-up: (on People.com's Stylewatch page)

Fergie Gets Charitable With M.A.C.’s Viva Glam Lipstick Launch

fergie_300x400.jpg

L.A.’s famed Robertson Boulevard got just a little more glamorous yesterday, as M.A.C.’s Viva Glam spokesperson, Fergie, turned up at the flagship store to unveil a much-anticipated new shade, Viva Glam VI. And it was all for a good cause. Just like past Viva Glam shades, 100% of proceeds of the full selling price goes directly to AIDS charities. PEOPLE.com chatted with the singer who dished about her part in developing the new hue. “They brought about 10 different shades and laid them out and let me pick,” she said of the light, shimmer color. “It was important for me to find a shade that looked good on all skin tones — day and night,” she said. “And I love pink!” The singer also stopped by Project Angel Food, a Viva Glam beneficiary, which provides free meals for those living with HIV/AIDS. “This is something that I like doing because it’s not just about me,” she said of the charity aspect of her ambassadorship. “It’s about people and I get to meet their families and hear their true stories. It’s for real and these people are really doing the charity work and putting care into what they’re doing,” she says. You can help support the cause — and look gorgeous doing it — when you purchase the new Viva Glam VI shade at maccosmetics.com starting March 19 or one of the other dazzling hues now. — Reported by Jessica Herndon

LostinBubbles

Eek...that video was nauseating! Look to the freakin' left already!!
lol.gif

And what the hell IS she wearing on her lips?? You'd think promote what you are being paid for, right? Like Ernie said, it's not even a VG color!!

Latest posts