Mac Volcanic Ash exfoliator

Kaycee37

I purchased this product to control my stubborn oily skin
winks.gif
! So far so good... (I have been using it for about a week)

Has any body else purchased this product and what are your thoughts???
thmbup.gif
thmbdn.gif

Kaycee37

Volcanic Ash scrub

I'm wondering how everyone likes this product?? I undersatnd from the MA @ Mac that this is limited edition.. She has already purchased six jars!!!
I've been using for a week on my troubled oily skin....so far so good!
What are your thoughts on this product???
thmbup.gif
or
thmbdn.gif

TIA

iheartangE

Re: Volcanic Ash scrub

I haven't tried it because I use Lush's Ocean Salt scrub instead and LOVE it, but with all the positive reviews on here I feel like I should get one! I'm sure my counter's sold out by now, but if I can find one I may just go for it! Hehe
winks.gif

lilhenna

Re: volcanic ash exfoliator

I <3 it! I don't know how good it is for my skin, but it feels good, and I actaully like the scent too.
choochoo.gif

trojanchick99

I bough 3 jars. My first ever back-ups. I love this, because I can feel it working, but it isn't too harsh since it's a sugar scrub. I also love the scent.

I use it in my shower, so it isn't overly messy.

Oh and I'm emailing MAC to beg them to make it perm.

MACGoddess

Re: Volcanic Ash scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaycee37
I'm wondering how everyone likes this product?? I undersatnd from the MA @ Mac that this is limited edition.. She has already purchased six jars!!!
I've been using for a week on my troubled oily skin....so far so good!
What are your thoughts on this product???
thmbup.gif
or
thmbdn.gif

TIA

Kaycee did you come into the MAC Store at International Plaza? If so I was the artist you talked to, bc that is me with the massive amt of jars of this stuff!

I love love love this product! If you love it PUHLEEZ e-mail MAC and tell them to make it perm!

Stormy

I really want to try this! I purchaced a sample jar from someone on MUA and the jar leaked all over the place in the mail and made it pretty much unuseable.
ssad.gif

meaghanb2926

I bought two jars (my first time ever buying back-ups of something) and I LOVE this stuff. I emailed MAC a few days ago begging them to make it permanent! I soooo hope they will!!!!

clslvr6spd

I really love this stuff! It makes me skin feel heavenly! I have boughten 3 backups and I am going to buy a 4th. I e-mailed MAC and begged them to make this apart of the permanent line.

Divinity

Damn! I only bought one jar and now I'm hauling ass to every MAC store and counter in creation just to get another jar!! Kudos to the gal who got 10 - DAMN!! This is the ONLY MAC product I want a backup of...NEED a backup of.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity
Damn! I only bought one jar and now I'm hauling ass to every MAC store and counter in creation just to get another jar!! Kudos to the gal who got 10 - DAMN!! This is the ONLY MAC product I want a backup of...NEED a backup of.

why thank you!
curtsey.gif
we artists have the same product limit restrictions as everyone else, so i had to place 3 separate orders. oh how i wish they would make this perm. making skincare LE is retarded! everyone knows that when someone finds a skincare item that works for them they don't use anything else. what were they thinkin?

metalkitty

So what does this do for the skin anyway? And how does it work on oily skin?

COBI

I don't necessarily think backing up with 6 or 10 is always kudos-worthy. It's that many fewer people that can purchase a single one. I don't hold it against the people who have extras, but I just don't think its really something to applaud.

I guess I will just have to hope it becomes permanent so that I can try it; my bad for not buying it fast enough.
shrugs.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty
So what does this do for the skin anyway? And how does it work on oily skin?

the volcanic ash absorbs excess oils, while the sugar helps clean out pores and helps the skin retain moisture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I don't necessarily think backing up with 6 or 10 is always kudos-worthy. It's that many fewer people that can purchase a single one. I don't hold it against the people who have extras, but I just don't think its really something to applaud.

I guess I will just have to hope it becomes permanent so that I can try it; my bad for not buying it fast enough.
shrugs.gif

really? cause everyone has the same opportunity to purchase it. being an employee doesn't give me any advantage over anyone else to order anything. actually, the general public has more opportunities to purchase because they can buy online at anytime. employees, on the other hand, have to travel to a store (mine is a 2 hr drive each way) or call the #800 during certain hours mon-fri. so, even tho i bought 10 of em, i did so on a thursday, then again on tues, and again on wednesday. so, during that one week period, including the evenings/weekend that i couldn't order, many people could have ordered it, but didn't. and where do you draw the line on the number of backups? let's say you bought the lip exfoliator and one backup. that one backup could've gone to someone else.
th_dunno.gif

besides, its still available to purchase. it hasn't completely sold out everywhere. i've even posted many times where its still available, so you're not outta luck just yet.

genie707

i was going to buy 5...but my stupid mac counter hardly ever gets anything in. damn you mac

DivineFemme

Is this best for those with oil skin, or can anyone use it? My skin is normal, but a bit dry in the winter.

exoticarbcqen

since when has MAC been known to make decent skin products LOL
I rather spend my money on something with some sort of credibility, ie. my creme de la mer
smiles.gif

COBI

As I said, I don't have a problem with you having extras and I made no reference to your employee status. I did note that it was my bad for waiting; I could have ordered right away, but was hoping to get to the store (over 2 hours away) to check it out first.

My main point was that I don't think it's "praise-worthy" to have so many backups; it's just my opinion.

I did learn something here, though: I thought MAC's system was more intuitive so that it would recognize someone buying beyond the limit even if it was over multiple orders, especially an employee or pro card purchase where purchases are keyed under your ID, name or number. What's the point of a having a limit if someone can buy more than 3 times that within a week? I assumed that with my pro card, they would track not only if I purchase 3 of something today, but also pick up on the fact if I was trying to buy more of the same item 2-3 days later.

I don't have a personal problem with you (or others) having multiples of them. I wanted to try it, but I haven't really loved any of MAC's skincare yet so I was hesitant to purchase without visiting the store first; that's why I didn't buy right away.

Key mistake on my part: I just assumed that it was going to be permanent so I didn't think there was an urgency. Until I read this thread, it didn't even click in my head that it was LE. I have other sugar-based scrubs that I love and I don't have an oil-based need for the volcanic ash, so I am not really out at all.

To answer your last question, the difference between 1 and 10 backups to me is the level of excess. My current jar of sugar scrub (which is smaller than the MAC one) has lasted over 3 months (using it as both a scrub and a mask), so 10 jars of MAC's would be years worth for me.

peace2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
really? cause everyone has the same opportunity to purchase it. being an employee doesn't give me any advantage over anyone else to order anything. actually, the general public has more opportunities to purchase because they can buy online at anytime. employees, on the other hand, have to travel to a store (mine is a 2 hr drive each way) or call the #800 during certain hours mon-fri. so, even tho i bought 10 of em, i did so on a thursday, then again on tues, and again on wednesday. so, during that one week period, including the evenings/weekend that i couldn't order, many people could have ordered it, but didn't. and where do you draw the line on the number of backups? let's say you bought the lip exfoliator and one backup. that one backup could've gone to someone else.
th_dunno.gif

besides, its still available to purchase. it hasn't completely sold out everywhere. i've even posted many times where its still available, so you're not outta luck just yet.