MAC vs MUFE? (foundation & finishing powder)

Dollfaced

hi! i'm a make up newbie.
& i need help.
SOS.gif

i don't have that much experience with either;
i have a couple of things from mac & i have only own an eyeliner by mufe.
i currently use mac studio sculpt foundation (nc35) & msfn (medium) to set my foundation.
but my skin is getting kind of darker & i'm also looking for something with a little less coverage (medium coverage?) & also want a loose powder.

so i was wondering if i should buy mufe microfinish powder (or super matte) & mufe invisible cover foundation or mac p+p finishing powder & mac sff?

I tried sff at a counter. the MA matched me to a nc42 but it looked a bit too yellow in that lighting.
001_unsure.gif
i'm still willing to give it a try tho.

btw i have skin that gets oily throught the day (not dry). & i'm also planning on buying p+p primer & using it with whichever foundation i end up buying.

thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

User38

Do you mean you are getting darker as in getting tan for the summer? If so, don't get the mattes.. they are heavier and will not look fresh for summer.

I personally prefer the HD line in MUFE.. the foundation and powder. I think SF or SS in MAC will not hold up well in summer.. good luck tho!

ForgetRegret

I can only speak for HD primer and HD powder from MUFE, but I absolutely ADORE them both...I hardly use my MAC powder anymore...the MUFE just makes your skin really beautiful (and soft!).

Mandy4610

I am really liking MUFE HD foundation. It is very easy for me to figure out what shade I am, unlike MAC. I have tried and tried to figure out what my MAC shade is, but I have just given up.
HD has about three shades that I can wear. Mat velvet is a bit more complicated, I can't find a right shade for that one, but I know I am in between two shades or if I really wanted, I can mix shades and get a perfect shade.
I am also liking the Duo Mat powder even though it can give too much of a Matte look sometimes, it has a lot of coverage.
The MUFE HD powder is great also, bu I had to return it because it is just way too expensive and I did not use it that much so I saw no need to keep it, but I really really liked the way it made my skin feel.
I am using MSF for finishing and I like it.
I think if I had the money, I would buy the HD powder again....I wish they had a smaller version.

ForgetRegret

^^^ Keep your eyes peeled for specials at Sephora...I got my HD powder with the little kabuki brush (which is THE softest thing I've ever felt in my life!) for $50 or something like that around the holidays. It's seriously some of the best $50 I've ever spent...I won't walk out of the house wearing makeup (I go to work with a naked face...I'm not trying to impress the Navy) without putting the HD powder on first... <3 <3 <3
Oh, and BTW...I know you said it was too expensive, but keep in mind that the $30 you spend on that powder is well spent, because you don't need a lot of it...that little jar will last you a really long time.

MzzRach

I prefer MUFE foundations and powders to MAC (MAC formulas break my skin out, the one exception is Blot Powder, which I really like).

MUFE Face & Body would be a nice option for summer. It has buildable coverage. The MUFE Super Matt powder is one of my holy grail items. It's super finely milled and controls oil beautifully.

Mandy4610

Thanks for this breakdown. Now I feel liking running back to Sephora and getting the powder again....they are gonna think I am crazy. Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
^^^ Keep your eyes peeled for specials at Sephora...I got my HD powder with the little kabuki brush (which is THE softest thing I've ever felt in my life!) for $50 or something like that around the holidays. It's seriously some of the best $50 I've ever spent...I won't walk out of the house wearing makeup (I go to work with a naked face...I'm not trying to impress the Navy) without putting the HD powder on first... <3 <3 <3
Oh, and BTW...I know you said it was too expensive, but keep in mind that the $30 you spend on that powder is well spent, because you don't need a lot of it...that little jar will last you a really long time.

Latest posts