MAC website screwing up orders...

Ksayare

I'm wondering if this is an issue anyone else has noticed. I've ordered MAC's website 3 times (2 times from the regular website and once from the pro website). 2 out of those 3 times they screwed up my order. The first time was over the summer when they sent me the wrong eyeshadow (they sent "mont black" instead of "of summer"). I called and they were really nice and let me keep the mont black and fed-exed me of summer for free. Then yesterday I got my MAC PRO order and they forgot to send me gloss texture. I called them and they are shipping it to me for free again, but i felt so sketchy! I mean what are the chances of them screwing up 2 of the 3 times?! I was just shocked that a company as large as MAC wasn't more ontop of this. Is this just a fluke or has it happened to anyone else?

gildedangel

I have never had a problem with ordering from MAC. This may just be a fluke, but hey; you got a free e/s out of it!

TISH1124

I have had a couple orders that were shipped incorrectly...But MAC has excellent customer service and they always make it right...You have to keep in mind that MAC is a large company that packs thousands of orders everyday by human hand....And to make mistakes is only human and it will happen, there is no way to avoid it. No matter how large the company is, there is no company that will have 100% accuracy on every single order...Just not humanly possible. I am just happy they have the service they do and with every mistake the customer may be put off a couple days getting their stuff but in the end they always get more than they actually pay for with free items

Ksayare

Thanks tish!! i was worried if it happens again that they would like accuse me of lying. And i never thought of actually how many orders they process everyday- crazy! (although it would be heaven to be around that much makeup)!!
smiles.gif

foxxylatina07

I actually had that happend to me during the f&f sales. I had ordered the 188 brush. When I received my package they had sent me the 217 brush instead. I called them up and they replaced the brush free of charge and they let me keep the 217 since it was their error. I agree that they have great customer service they have never given me any problems whatsoever. Tish is right MAC is a really big company in which they have to do thousands of order packing them by hand and its only human nature to make a few mistakes. However, thats not going to stop me from ordering from this awesome company with a reputable customer service.
smiles.gif

LMD84

yes i think it happens alot - even in the uk! i remember one day one here got sent the wrong dame edna palette last year so they sent her the right one and she got to keep the wrong one as a sorry. fabulous customer service!

hopefully though you've had your share of messed up orders so you should be ok from now on! but at leats mac always make it right, and pretty fast too!

chaffsters33

I love when MAC screws up! Haha I always find it really exciting to open the box and see if they messed up! Like this summer, during the friends and family sale I ordered a bunch of brushes (182 kabuki, 134,224, 188 and 242) and it was sort of ridiculous what they sent me.

About a week after I placed the order I found two MAC boxes on my porch with 2 242's and a 129, which I hadn't even ordered. So I called the number and they said they would fix it and let me keep the brushes.

Literally, the boxes kept coming for days and days! In the end, they sent me 3 182's, 3 224's, 2 242's, 1 129, 2 134's and 2 188's and let me keep all of them! It was a pretty kickass mistake if you ask me!
yes.gif

hello_kitty

^ Holy crap! That's really awesome! I've never had them mess up an order on me, which is good. As much as I'd love some free stuff, I don't want the hassle.

LC

they mess up my orders all the time, but i'm with chaff, i'm always excited to open up the box and see what's messed up...because i know i get to keep the stuff lol! what pisses me off though is that they mess up almost every time on shipping times. I always pay for overnight or 2nd day shipping, and they never ship it out when theyre supposed to. they always credit me back for the extra i spent, but it still makes me mad that i cant get my goodies in a timely manner

carlierae26

As with most other companies, overnight/next day/etc, doesn't mean they ship out at those times. That's processing time, not shipping time.

MzzRach

I have had 3 orders that had the wrong products. In every case, MAC told me to keep the items that had been shipped in error and they sent the correct products to me straightaway.

Works for me!
winkiss.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I have had 3 orders that had the wrong products. In every case, MAC told me to keep the items that had been shipped in error and they sent the correct products to me straightaway.

Works for me!
winkiss.gif

i almost wish i got sent a wrong order!
tong.gif
hee hee!

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlierae26
As with most other companies, overnight/next day/etc, doesn't mean they ship out at those times. That's processing time, not shipping time.

true but their site specifically says that if you order before 11am their time they will process and ship same day, which i always do and leave hours to spare. as i said i always get refunded because they know they screw up

Kirsty

When I ordered my Colour Craft haul they left out my colour craft l/s. I was gutted because before I had received my black box, the l/s had sold out.
ssad.gif

I phoned & the guy told me they had extras & would post me one out..after a few days I called back to say I hadn't got it. Long story short I got a refund & no lipstick. I had to buy it at over retail from cocktail cosmetics.

But lucklily I found one, I guess

SUMM3RxBABii

You're so lucky - at least you get free stuff! LOL.
My order have never messed up before. But then again, I barely buy MAC online because I have a whole bunch of MAC stores around me. I think it's because MAC comes out with these huge collections and there's high demand for everything & keeps them super busy. :/

Curly1908

Strange, I've ordered from the MAC website for about 6 years, and I've never had a single one of my online orders messed up.

meika79

They have messed quite a few of my orders, sending me the wrong eyeshadows or glosses. I was actually shocked that they would say just keep it.