MAC WEBSITE VS EBAY

mrsdoubtfire33

I wonder why people flock to ebay when a new MAC product comes out rather than get it from the actual MAC website especially when the items are still available and wayyyyyy cheaper?? Just seen someone pay $45 for one tube of MAC by request lipstick and its still available for $16 on the site plus free shipping....why?

mosha010

Cause they're dumb and don't have good role models. We're lucky we have each other here.

diaanz

I guess if it's an item you are bidding on, it's easy to get carried away by the competitive aspect of it and before you know it, you have won but end up paying way more than the value of the actual item..

gildedangel

People are also probably used to getting their products on EBay because MAC lippies usually sell out so quickly. Why bother checking the website when in your experience it is sold out before you are even aware of the collection?

shellygrrl

Staff member
People are also probably used to getting their products on EBay because MAC lippies usually sell out so quickly. Why bother checking the website when in your experience it is sold out before you are even aware of the collection?
This. Not to mention ignorance to the fact that other stores' sites carry the range (Macys, Nordies, Bloomies, etc.), including most of the collections.

nshoren

I purchase MAC products on eBay because the MAC website in Canada does not accept Paypal, and eBay does. I don't have a credit card. Hopefully, the MAC site will accept Paypal in the future.

diaanz

I purchase MAC products on eBay because the MAC website in Canada does not accept Paypal, and eBay does. I don't have a credit card. Hopefully, the MAC site will accept Paypal in the future.

That is interesting! I would never thought of something like that. I have honestly never noticed if the US website does..

mrsdoubtfire33

That is interesting! I would never thought of something like that. I have honestly never noticed if the US website does..
Yeah it is....US site does accept Paypal. Most of the time I use my Paypal debit card at the MAC site or my hubby orders it for me through his bank account. I dont do credit cards though.

mrsdoubtfire33

I wonder if you had the Paypal debit card would that work? I use mine on a lot of websites that dont do paypal but since I have a debit card I can still order.

cakewannaminaj

There may be many reasons like people prefer to shop on eBay or people just have no brain! LOl sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. hehe but main reason would probably be those that aren't from USA! Like in New Zealand, our prices are crazy over here, you in American can get a MAC lippie for only $16.00 and in NZ, one MAC lippie cost $45.00! Crazy right? MAC usa site sometimes accepts international credit cards which is amazing! but downside is they can cancel your order if they feel like your international credit card isnt qualify enough! haha I don't know this has happened to me so many times due to them not accepting international credit cards.

So if Nordstorm doesn't sell this one lipstick that I desperately want, I may have to turn to eBay for the more expensive one. But of course, I would avoid buying MAC off ebay.

Rebellefleur

You should just get those pre-paid Visa gift cards :)
I used those in the past before I got my credit card.

Marsha Pomells

I wonder why people flock to ebay when a new MAC product comes out rather than get it from the actual MAC website especially when the items are still available and wayyyyyy cheaper?? Just seen someone pay $45 for one tube of MAC by request lipstick and its still available for $16 on the site plus free shipping....why?
Seeing your comment [@]mrsdoubtfire33[/@] reminded me of something that happened on eBay in March. Someone was selling FoF Lily White pigment, and the final price for that was £41 excluding postage. Some people are selling that pigment for £20+ excluding the postage, so I ended up going to a number of MAC counters and stores until I found it and paid the normal price of £17. Some of the sellers say that some of the products, that we find in the PRO store are 'hard to find'. I find that the sellers use that 'hard to find' label to make more money out of the buyer. Including discontinued products and LE

staceface

I hate buying mac on ebay but when I am so impatient that I can't wait for collections to be released in the UK. We aren't getting playland till june :(

Marsha Pomells

That has peed me off [@]staceface[/@]. I'm just gonna avoid the crowd and order online in June, seeing that I know exactly what I want. I'm not too fussed about getting the chromagraphic pencils cos I can always pick them up at the PRO store whenever. Plus eBay sellers and their extortionate prices on their 'Buy It Now' listings or how I like to call them 'Rip You Off' listings. They are just beyond a joke

staceface

That has peed me off [@]staceface[/@]. I'm just gonna avoid the crowd and order online in June, seeing that I know exactly what I want. I'm not too fussed about getting the chromagraphic pencils cos I can always pick them up at the PRO store whenever. Plus eBay sellers and their extortionate prices on their 'Buy It Now' listings or how I like to call them 'Rip You Off' listings. They are just beyond a joke
I'm just so impatient At least we are getting proenza in May exclusive to selfridges. I can't even bear to think about the osbourne release which won't be till august!!

Marsha Pomells

I'm just so impatient At least we are getting proenza in May exclusive to selfridges. I can't even bear to think about the osbourne release which won't be till august!!
If I have to stay up till stupid o'clock in the morning, so be it. I only want 1 thing in the whole proenza collection, and that is the plum lipstick. That is all

Latest posts