MAC - Wonder Woman Discussion

Susanne

GIRL POWER: MAC Cosmetics said Wednesday that the company is partnering with DC Comics’ Wonder Woman to create a limited edition color cosmetics collection featuring the illustrated superhero. Set for a spring 2011 launch at all MAC locations worldwide, the lineup is expected to include lipsticks, eye shadows, blush and nail polish ranging in price from $13 to $49.50. (No word on whether metal-deflecting bracelets are part of the collection.)

Source: WWD

White House Honors Absentee Rodarte Designers... Ralph Lauren by Air... - Fashion Scoops - Fashion News - WWD.com

There will be the Wonder Woman collection!

panther27

Thanks to hergreyness,we know some of what to expect
choochoo.gif

liba

I've been trying to search for HerGreyness's posts of her Wonder Woman testers but haven't found them yet --- I thought they were somewhere around the last week of June/first week of July.

I DO have the link to her photobucket album, but I'd rather get the OK to post that first, rather than just slapping it up here.

Suffice it to say, there are some HOT bright powder blushes and bright blue and yellow gold eyeshadows - same colors as in the original Wonder Woman costume!

LMD84

i'm super excited for this collection! even though there is a crazy amount of time to wait for it!
tong.gif

coachkitten

So excited for this collection! I can't wait to see the packaging. This thread is going to be massive by the time the collection comes out.
lol.gif

laylalovesmac

I'm so glad this comes out in the spring! Lots of time to wait, but also lots of time to save!
choochoo.gif

This collection sounds freaking amazing! I wonder what the $49.50 item will be.... It has to be a bracelet or something like that.... Let's hope!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'm so glad this comes out in the spring! Lots of time to wait, but also lots of time to save!
choochoo.gif

This collection sounds freaking amazing! I wonder what the $49.50 item will be.... It has to be a bracelet or something like that.... Let's hope!

i would imagine it's the bracelet. i wonder if they will do what Dior often does and hide a lipgloss in the bracelet at all - that'd be cool!

Visi

Oooooh I'm so excited about a Wonder Woman Collection
heart.gif
I used to have a Wonder Woman lunch box when I was little
greengrin.gif

I love love love the blush on the right hand side in HerGreyness's Fotos *hearts coming out of my eyes*

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i would imagine it's the bracelet. i wonder if they will do what Dior often does and hide a lipgloss in the bracelet at all - that'd be cool!

Yes, that would be badass!
tong.gif

sailordom

Quote:

That is a fabulous idea!

I'm so excited! For me, this collection makes everything (yes even Disney villains) pale in comparison!

th_thstars.gif

spunky

Quote:

HerGreyness did say there was a bracelet
greengrin.gif

clslvr6spd

I love this, my mom looks like Lynda Carter. So, I will have to buy a few items for her in this collection! Plus, I love WW!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I love this, my mom looks like Lynda Carter. So, I will have to buy a few items for her in this collection! Plus, I love WW!

Who doesn't? A kickass female superhero?
th_DANCE.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
WW was my heroine when I was young, so this is all kinds of awesome... Although I also kind of hope there are a couple of items inspired by a villain like Cheetah...

User38

smiles.gif
usually after the official press release, I get an email with official confirmation information. I got it yesterday p.m. -- I will be able to glean (not know for certain, or what revisions if any are made) what parts of the collection I will be testing. Whatever I have I will post here
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I've been trying to search for HerGreyness's posts of her Wonder Woman testers but haven't found them yet --- I thought they were somewhere around the last week of June/first week of July.

I DO have the link to her photobucket album, but I'd rather get the OK to post that first, rather than just slapping it up here.

Suffice it to say, there are some HOT bright powder blushes and bright blue and yellow gold eyeshadows - same colors as in the original Wonder Woman costume!

of course, liba -- do post the link to the photobucket album and hopefully next week I will be able to post up some new pics
yes.gif
and yes I agree that the colors for this collection will be based on a lot of the WW costume but with a big bad "Girl Power" influence
winks.gif

Latest posts