MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

liba

i super agree. it has to be a red like prince noir, for me to join in.
rofl.gif
When you see actual lip photos of Absolute Power, I think some people will be changing their tunes
devil.gif

erine1881

Not sure if these have already been posted, but OMG I can't wait for this collection! :eyelove: That red lipstick will definitely be mine!!  [COLOR=008000]source: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20121217/flair/flair9.html[/COLOR]
The caption says that quad is Caramel Sundae, but there's no way it can be. The article that describes it says it has peach, champagne, brown, and copper shades. Someone's screwing up. LOL
Those photos are sooo washed out! Those colours aren't accurate whatsoever!

princess sarah

Oh I dont normally go for neutral palettes, but that one looks beautiful!!! Looks like the colours I would use for blending etc. I wonder what the finish on these is like

and that lippy, does that remind anyone else of Charmed Im Sure?

Not sure if these have already been posted, but OMG I can't wait for this collection!
eyelove.gif

That red lipstick will definitely be mine!!

source: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20121217/flair/flair9.html

erine1881

Oh I dont normally go for neutral palettes, but that one looks beautiful!!! Looks like the colours I would use for blending etc. I wonder what the finish on these is like and that lippy, does that remind anyone else of Charmed Im Sure?
It's because there's a strong filter on the pic, altering the colour.

LavenderPearl

/swoons

It's not what I was expecting, but I'm finding myself really interested in the promo images! I feel like in my head I was thinking of something more along the lines of classic, wholesome Archie comic goodness -- but I'm definitely not disappointed with this edgier vibe! Or at least, what I consider "edgy" for Archie lol

My preliminary list for now:
- Girl Next Door l/s
- Ronnie Red l/s
- Strawberry Malt l/g
- Veronica's blush (only if it's not like Passionately Tempted, which I found disappointing)

I'm casually interested in the Spoiled Rich quad, but will only cave if it's not similar to things I already have... If I'm to follow my loosely visualized low-buy rules for 2013, then GND and RR can go (so far, they don't look terribly unique). So maybe this will be a small haul for me? My wallet hopes so
amuse.gif

CharlieKelly

They are Pearlmattes!

Lips: Girl Next Door lipstick (vivid blue pink) and Stay Sweet lipgloss (light lavender pink).
Lips: Ronnie Red bright red lipstick and Strawberry Malt lipgloss.
Everything looks so cute but I think I will stick to the lipsticks... aggg that face powder look sweeeeet

singer82

Oh mylanta! Everything looks so awesome! Good thing I'm trying to pass on the rest of the collections this year. Cause I can see this being a big haul.

ALivingDoll

Only thing peaking my interest is Ronnie Red lipstick. Depending on how close in color it is to other reds i own, it may be a skip...we'll see.

MRV

I think I will go mostly with Betty's stuff, maybe something from Veronica.. but the red lippie is probably a pass, as well as the pink lipgloss (I have similar enough ones).

sss215

I can't wait for more info. There is a blue color called Ron Ron Run that I keep reading about. I'm assuming it will be in the Spoiled Rich quad. I think it's the color that looks kind purplish. I really didn't want the Spoiled Rich quad, but now I'm starting to change my mind!

Mac-Guy

I can't wait for more info. There is a blue color called Ron Ron Run that I keep reading about. I'm assuming it will be in the Spoiled Rich quad. I think it's the color that looks kind purplish. I really didn't want the Spoiled Rich quad, but now I'm starting to change my mind!
I'm certain that the color story will leak very soon.

Yazmin

I'm certain that the color story will leak very soon.
I was about to ask if there was one posted and I missed it.