MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

gracie90

Quote:
Thank you! I loveeee the pigments and I really debated getting them because I'm such a mess with them lol! I really like the caramel sundae quad. It's definitely a nice neutral palette but a little more girly! just used them over UDPP but I think if I used a nice base like bare study or any base really, the colors would pop even more.
I'm so bad at using pigments, I need someone to teach me or something!
The quad sounds great, I'm definitely going to grab it when it comes out in the UK :) Thanks!

sherm

Would Flatter Me look orange on pale NWs? I may be rekindling my interest in several products.
ohboy.gif

OctoberViolet

Beautiful swatches. Thank you brittbby!!!!! I especially love how BS and GND look on your skin. I already have Ohx3, I'm on my second one and love it. It's a beautiful beautiful lipstick.
From left to right: GND, BB, BS, OHx3, kiss & don't tell, mall madness, cheers my dear, lucky in love, caramel sundae quad. I know T said lucky in love wasn't very pigmented for her but on my skin tone, it was a show stopper!

brittbby

[COLOR=330099]Beautiful swatches. Thank you brittbby!!!!! I especially love how BS and GND look on your skin. I already have Ohx3, I'm on my second one and love it. It's a beautiful beautiful lipstick.[/COLOR]
Thank you! I was really scared about GND but it's so sheer, I think most people can wear it! I loooveeee OHx3! On my skin, it just work amazingly. Very bronze goddess ;)!

elegant-one

Hmm, Ronnie Red looks a lot less pink in T's pictures than I expected. I know it's supposed to be red, but I thought it would be more of a pinky-red. Might still get it though as it's very pretty.
I was thinking the exact same thing! I got 2 & I think it will be a lovely red red.

Thanks a bunch Richelle!

Corally

Crap.. I was happy that Betty Bright was finally off my list after T's review, but now I want Ronnie Red. :blink: And normally I don't even like blue-based reds. :eek: But it looks a bit warmer.. Daddy’s Little Girl l/s Boyfriend Stealer l/s Ronnie Red l/s Flatter Me pfp Cream Soda blush So now it's all the Ronnie lippies and Betty powders. Hope I can stick to my plan of only getting three things.. I don't think I can. :lol:

erine1881

I talked my sister into getting me the Alex 9-drawer from IKEA for my birthday, and nearly 6 weeks early, too! Going to pick that up on Monday.
I've had my Alex for over a year now and I LOVE it! I would get another one if I lived closer. I don't live near an IKEA (closest one is 8 hours), but my friend was lucky enough to get one for me since she lives 5 minutes from one. Bless her heart! :heart:
I'm making a 3 hr road trip to ikea on monday to get mine! Im getting two of the 6 wide-drawer ones I'm so excited!!!
Anybody knows if the accessories will launch in Nordies or are they exclusive to MAC site only??
:nope: all are online/MSO. Some are online exclusives as well.
I'm just now getting an email alert about this collection lol and I'm Pro.
Ditto!
I really wish MAC would make more lipsticks and little to none of the accessories and pins.  The accessories are generally a bit cheap and tacky and I would much rather have the lipstick than a pin.  What am I going to do with a pin? 
:werd:
So... I've been matched for NC25... BUT I've also been matched for NW25 so who knows... what I really am. Anyway... Prom princess is one of my new favorites.
That's so weird, cuz nw25 is sooo much darker than nc25 :hmm:
Oh those were all used wet, and the jars do screw on!! The stopper was seriously stuck on Magic Spells, lucky my thumb nail is long lol.
They're close enough for me, which is what i thought from the beginning. Beside, i NEVER use pigments wet, so this helps! ;)
Quote: I'm so bad at using pigments, I need someone to teach me or something! The quad sounds great, I'm definitely going to grab it when it comes out in the UK :) Thanks!
Pigments are a breeze to use. You use em just like a regular shadow. There's absolutely no difference in the application process between the two.

hazyday

From left to right: GND, BB, BS, OHx3, kiss & don't tell, mall madness, cheers my dear, lucky in love, caramel sundae quad. I know T said lucky in love wasn't very pigmented for her but on my skin tone, it was a show stopper!

Oh wow...
love.gif

Thank you for sharing. Now I want the Lucky in Love pigment.
eyelove.gif

CartoonChic

Way to go CC on spending control--I'll need the name of that drug! I ordered the 184 weeks ago. My experience with MAC back-orders is that you totally forget you ordered it, and then one day it just appears--always a nice surprise!

I got a call from my local MAC this morning to confirm that I'm coming to the event on Tuesday. I hope I don't add things to my preorder, but there's one item that I'm almost certain I'll remove.
The drug is widely available. It's called I'm Going Broke Buying Too Much Makeup. It controls my spending for me so I don't even have to think about it. There are side effects, though. Lesser BU purchases; constantly evaluating your stash to see if you really need *that* color or finish; uncontrolled, spontaneous fits of needing more money. You should consult your wallet for further information.

brittbby

If any nc35 ladies get cream soda or prom princess blush, I'd love to know what you think of them! I'm not getting them just yet because I'm afraid PP might be too cool and cream soda might not show!

gracie90

Quote:
The drug is widely available. It's called I'm Going Broke Buying Too Much Makeup. It controls my spending for me so I don't even have to think about it. There are side effects, though. Lesser BU purchases; constantly evaluating your stash to see if you really need *that* color or finish; uncontrolled, spontaneous fits of needing more money. You should consult your wallet for further information.
I would prescribe that to myself if it existed.... Maybe I should go into research...