MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

Monidoll4u

Has anyone gotten a chance to swatch Shell Pearl and Flatter Me together? I'd love to know if they are similar as I can only buy one out of those two :( . I want to t know if either one will show up nicely on an NC 20. TIA
4aed7683_image.jpeg
They are almost the same....pretty light....I'm nc25

kaira

Did you see Christine's review of Flatter Me on Temptalia? She says Shell Pearl "is similar but a touch more muted."

Here's the link to her review:
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-flatter-me-pearlmatte-face-powder-review-photos-swatches-archies-girls
Thank you!! <3 I didn't see her review when I checked half an hour ago lol. I think I will settle for Shell Pearl and Cream soda since their similar according to her review. Cream soda for base color of FM and shell pearl for the combined color of FM
love.gif

aradhana

So sorry this happened aradhana---what's so odd is that I order w/my VISA debit card at MAC online all the time--I've never had a problem and don't understand why it would be treated differently! Hopefully you can order via a free-standing MAC store or department store counter. You're right---bummer!
thank you all for your words of support!
actually, it's so silly how crappy the service/support is for the canadian site is in comparison to the us site. it's not possible to pay by visa debit OR paypal. and they rarely seem to restock stuff recently. i suppose this is due to relatively higher volume of sales in the US, but it is just frustrating. anyway, i will try the store or counter - i guess i was trying to avoid all the reserving products and racing around town to get them on launch day, but i may just have to do it! i'm going to be near a mac store tomorrow, so i will try and pass by and see if they are doing reserves on this collection.

erine1881

Welp.  I spoke too soon. :eek:hboy: Maybe there will be another restock a while from now like there was with Strength.
Well they restocked PiPi and PaPa again!
Did you see Christine's review of Flatter Me on Temptalia? She says Shell Pearl "is similar but a touch more muted." Here's the link to her review: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-flatter-me-pearlmatte-face-powder-review-photos-swatches-archies-girls
Interesting how she doesn't mention the "SP base w/ foolish me blush" again. That's what happens when you don't have other peoples information to steal!

KiKi Kontour

dmn it...i was tryin to skip this dmn collection and start my NO BUY starting today...Feb. 1st until the fashion sets come out uggggh!!! wayment...if i use my nordy notes TECHNICALLY i didnt buuuuuy right
icon_eek.gif

i figure since i really doooont have many reds and i dnt have an official coral color like that one...im gonna grab Ronnie Red and Betty Bright
yahoo.gif

now i feel bad cuz i also go cockney from the YOS!! ugggh i will NEVER buy another red again!!

katelyn0

My order isn't estimated to be delivered until wednesday :( hope it comes monday or tuesday instead! To see it be in transit on fed ex though is a beautiful thing lol

sss215

If anyone has a pin they don't want. I'll take it! I didn't order online and I don't know if the store will be giving them out too.
So the lighting changed in my kitchen 
ohboy.gif
Magic Spells, Moonlight Night, Lucky in Love, All Girl, Cheers My Dear, Later, Black Poodle, Starless Night
I did!! Basically the exact same color as the bigger side of My Dark Magic. 
OF, DLG, Gladiola, MAC Red, Ronnie Red, Absolute Power
Thanks for the swatches Richelle! Glad Black Poodle is similar to My Dark Magic, so money saved there. Can't wait to see Ronnie Red in person!

ladyarwen

Alright, I've made the executive decision to limit my purchase to two lipsticks, two glosses, and one blush, Prom Princess. That'll keep my purchase well below $100. The lipsticks shall be Betty Bright and either DLG or Boyfriend Stealer. The glosses shall be Kiss & Don't Tell and Mall Madness. Come on Thursday!

sss215

Alright, I've made the executive decision to limit my purchase to two lipsticks, two glosses, and one blush, Prom Princess. That'll keep my purchase well below $100. The lipsticks shall be Betty Bright and either DLG or Boyfriend Stealer. The glosses shall be Kiss & Don't Tell and Mall Madness. Come on Thursday!
Sounds like my under $100 haul. 1 lipstick, 2 glosses and a blush. I know next week is taking forever to get here!

katelyn0

mine too!! :( im hoping for the same that maybe itll be delivered early!!
I wonder if it's because I paid with my Visa? I've seen people on here say that CC payments can take a longer amount of time to go through.

Does anyone know what's the fastest way to get payment cleared when ordering off mac website? Any input would be greatly appreciated!