MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

liba

A closer look at Ronnie Red (via instagram)
Thanks for posting. It looks like it might run a little berry-ish on the lips, which is pretty nifty. I bet it won't be too dark, either ….these colors always look so much darker in the tube.

Mac-Guy

Thanks for posting. It looks like it might run a little berry-ish on the lips, which is pretty nifty. I bet it won't be too dark, either ….these colors always look so much darker in the tube.
That would be nice, though it's always hard to tell with instagram pics.

Honi

That minty pigment looks so gorgeous.. And I will let you in on a secret, I have ZERO Mac pigments.. Maybe its about time i get some
noob.gif

ladyarwen

Yes yes, I've definitely got my eye on the green pigment as well as the Caramel Sundae quad. We'll see about the blushes, I'll definitely need swatches before I can decide. That shimmery pinky purple gloss from a while ago is on my list too.

sss215

Berry-ish works for me! Can't wait. I am going to grab this no matter what.

BuickMackane

Berry-ish works for me! Can't wait. I am going to grab this no matter what.
I like the idea of a berryish red too. I don't think any of the gazillion reds I picked up lately have much berry in them.

And there I was, thinking I could safely skip this lippie
lol.gif

Audrey C

I don't care for the packaging (seems too kiddish to me), but I'll buy both Pearlmattes. I love my Vera one, so I'll keep the warm and gift the cool. I don't think I'll get anything else for myself, but this launches just before my daughter's bday and she's been reading Archie comics since she was 8 or 9. She's a neutral green-eyed blonde, so I'll probably pick up a couple of Betty items for her.

ladyarwen

Quote: Originally Posted by OctoberViolet

You can use pigments as anything you want, though there are ones that aren't deemed safe for certain areas, like the eyes or lips.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Debbs
Mac Adventura store in Miami ...

I was quickly skimming messages and at first i thought this said:

MAC Adventureland

Now i'm just imagining what that would be like...

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by OctoberViolet
Oh NOOOOOO! Must try to resist the pretty Ronnie Red lipstick. Must try so hard to resist. I have so many reds, but... if this is more of a berry(ish) red, then I will splurge on it because a berry(ish) red is different than a red red and I don't have too many if any berry(ish) reds. Does this make sense to anyone????? Tx for the photos sephoraholic. I can't wait for this f'ing collection already.

Yup, it makes perfect sense to me
yes.gif

Although it shouldn't. It really shouldn't!

sadiebaby781

Does anyone know if the brush set will be machine made (and not as good quality) like the holiday brush sets? Or handmade like the permanent brushes?

NinaE

Does anyone know if the brush set will be machine made (and not as good quality) like the holiday brush sets? Or handmade like the permanent brushes?
The brushes looks cute but these brush-sets do usually lack a lot when it comes to quality :S