MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

LV2EVOLVE

I wish they would actually show that one. Its one of the main things I want besides beth mask but its not clear if its in the collection or not.
I know. That was like the only color that caught my eye because of the mauve shade and it also kind of looks a bit matte or satin. I'm a bit obsessed with matte shadow pencils. It would've been super cute to dab on the brow bone as a matte mauve highlight and blend a violet/pink white duochrome shadow over it.

Piarpreet

Maybe check it out in the store so you can swatch it yourself. Most stores will have the collection in the back room.

Let us know how swirling worked for you. It didn't for me.
im not besties with anybody on any MAC store yet... so.. I'll have to wait for somebody to post it *ehem* *ehem*

Piarpreet

I think we have not seen these swatches yet:

http://www.u-style.com.tw/topic/view/10718
again no swirled swatch
girl_devil.gif

Piarpreet

It just looked "wrong," in particular as the colors are so pigmented, which cause the brush to pick up the different colors rather than blending them together. But as it is not meant to be swirled, I'm not surprised. :)

I still like the idea of a multi-use palette, though small brush and tiny, precise movements are necessary to get the color you want (especially for the blush - not so much for the e/s). If you liked the AoP palettes, you will probably like TTP as well - if not, you are probably better off skipping it to avoid disappointment.
just blend on lid....no?

Spikesmom

I must be the only one that doesn't want to see this swirled. I'm picturing an ugly muddy mess. I'd love to see a blue, yellow and brown eye though. I think I might get this!

Genn

I know. That was like the only color that caught my eye because of the mauve shade and it also kind of looks a bit matte or satin. I'm a bit obsessed with matte shadow pencils. It would've been super cute to dab on the brow bone as a matte mauve highlight and blend a violet/pink white duochrome shadow over it.
that sounds pretty . now I want to try it. lol

lilinah

again no swirled swatch
girl_devil.gif
Google translate badly handles the Taiwanese Chinese text (with a little help from me to make it less bad):

Multi-purpose palette of colors, can be used individually, can also be mixed with a brush.
Actual use, just as visual color! Makeup artist suggested that orange, yellow and pink can be mixed with the brush as a blush, or a dampened trimming brush with a brown trimming, and the blue, in addition to painting cute small dots on the face, can also be used as eye shadow.

I'm guessing that "trimming" is a bad translation for "lining", as in eye liner.

Anyway, it sounds like the MAC MUAs are not suggesting swirling >every color< together, just the pink, orange, and yellow; and are suggesting using the brown and blue individually, as our own Mac-Guy has been telling us.

Still i'm curious to see just how muddy or odd the colors are mixed...

lilinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV2EVOLVE

That stick looked grey and pink to me, but photos on the 'net often do not do colors justice, and monitors show colors differently. I sure hope it's in the collection. The more i see of this collection, the less excited i am about it, but that one looked nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by Genn
that sounds pretty. now I want to try it. lol

I ordered both the ED Modern Pewter and the Heirloom eye kohl pencil from Reel Sexy, which is mauve-y. When they came i needed to test MP, having had bad luck with ED Blue Orbit.

So i put MP on my lid just to my crease. Then, just because it was there, i put Heirloom above the crease almost all the way to the brow and blended it well to smooth it out and make sure it wasn't too shiny. It gave a nice effect and lasted all day.

It wasn't matte, but blending toned it down, so it wasn't uber metallic. I really liked it! Don't know if this might work for you.

martiangurll

Swirling makes "the people powder dirty and muddy." I guess that one of the reasons why bloggers are hesitant to swirl it.
I like muddy. As long as it isn't too dark. I suspect the pink and yellow will prevent that, but it will take advance brush skills to get the swirl color desired. LEVEL IV CLERIC with +4 Swirl skills???

Mac-Guy

YES< YES> YES!!!
I am impressed that google was able to translate! And I still want to see the swirl.
I like muddy. As long as it isn't too dark. I suspect the pink and yellow will prevent that, but it will take advance brush skills to get the swirl color desired. LEVEL IV CLERIC with +4 Swirl skills???
Haha, it takes excellent navigation skills to *avoid the dots* :)

xasperadastra

Google translate badly handles the Taiwanese Chinese text (with a little help from me to make it less bad):

Multi-purpose palette of colors, can be used individually, can also be mixed with a brush.
Actual use, just as visual color! Makeup artist suggested that orange, yellow and pink can be mixed with the brush as a blush, or a dampened trimming brush with a brown trimming, and the blue, in addition to painting cute small dots on the face, can also be used as eye shadow.

I'm guessing that "trimming" is a bad translation for "lining", as in eye liner.

Anyway, it sounds like the MAC MUAs are not suggesting swirling >every color< together, just the pink, orange, and yellow; and are suggesting using the brown and blue individually, as our own Mac-Guy has been telling us.

Still i'm curious to see just how muddy or odd the colors are mixed...
that's the way I'd use it... but I don't think I'm gonna buy it!