MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

Spikesmom

IMO the phrase "smokey eye" is greatly overused. Putting a darker color in the outer v and "smoking it out" is just nonsense. A smokey eye is when the darkest color is on the lid or closest to the lashes and fades out. I don't know how this got confused. It's the placement of the color, not the color itself (it could be any color). So many "guru's" and bloggers think that putting a darker color somewhere is doing a smokey eye.

This is a huge pet peeve for me. End rant.
rant.gif

Plus i'm ready for something other than the smokey eye (yawn). And i'm sick of the word "pop" when applied to makeup, especially eyes - when i hear that a color makes eyes "pop!" i get an... interesting... visual in my imagination.

sss215

It might well be around next month. That's the bright side of a bad T review :)
I doubt it, people are loving it online. I wonder if stores have enough to go around though. I like the compact. The colors look good together.

singer82

I just appreciate all of the beauty bloggers including T who put so much time and effort into their sites & reviews.  Do I agree with every review?  No of course not.  But I consider all of it a great resource.  Just like I appreciate all of the opinions, reviews, swatches, looks, etc posted on this forum.  After all I am a working mom with small sons (all under the age of 10), and any tips that I can get about how too look better/less tired/younger are greatly appreciated.  LOL 
Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself. As I shop for MAC online mostly. So I need all the reviews I can get. I'd be lost without the blogs. And here of course :) Anybody else get love long distance? What do you think of it? I'm trying to be good, so should I get it our wait for the lippies from HC? Cause I might end up getting all of the lipsticks from that.

singer82

Thank you so so much. It looks like dd might be a brighter version of my Hg lipstick show orchid so I will defo try it out. Thanks again
No problem! :) Glad I could help. Ooooo show orchid...I'm still dumbfounded I havent snatched that up yet. I think its mostly cause I didn't wear bright lippies till this year. I thought I was too pale. But you all changed my mind on that. You all gave me the courage to rock it!

martiangurll

Here's my swatch of DD and CYY. I'm NC10-15/MUFE 117. To me DD has a fuchsia tinge and CYY is just pink, and DD is darker and not as neon.

DD on top. CYY on bottom
This is making me want DD. I got YPA because it looked like a long wearing version (and more opaque) Pervette.

honey on boost

I just appreciate all of the beauty bloggers including T who put so much time and effort into their sites & reviews. Do I agree with every review? No of course not. But I consider all of it a great resource. Just like I appreciate all of the opinions, reviews, swatches, looks, etc posted on this forum.

After all I am a working mom with small sons (all under the age of 10), and any tips that I can get about how too look better/less tired/younger are greatly appreciated. LOL
ITA

Mac-Guy

That's a great picture! :)

I went to the pro store yesterday during lunch and I was surprised that I actually liked the powder. I thought it was going to be a skip for me but I figured I'd test it out. When the bf saw it he was convinced that I only bought it because I'm addicted to polka dots
girlhaha.gif

Here's my mini haul

Janice

Hi all, my apologies for those of you who spent time creating and responding to posts in this discussion. I went through and removed posts regarding a blogger. Let's remember we are all super intelligent, sexy, powerful women and men and we should be able to have a stimulating discussion that doesn't make people feel they have to defend themselves or the people they care about (otherwise known as drama). I'm totally cool with legitimate points being made, but when it veers off into people turning on one another it's gone too far. Hope you understand, but if not send me a PM and we'll chat about it.

Janice

Oh and BTW I totally am in love with Beth Mask shade & smoke shadow. It's so light and pretty for spring / summer. Then again I lurved shadesticks and really miss them, so maybe I am biased. :)

OhSoJaded

Hi all, my apologies for those of you who spent time creating and responding to posts in this discussion. I went through and removed posts regarding a blogger. Let's remember we are all super intelligent, sexy, powerful women and men and we should be able to have a stimulating discussion that doesn't make people feel they have to defend themselves or the people they care about (otherwise known as drama). I'm totally cool with legitimate points being made, but when it veers off into people turning on one another it's gone too far. Hope you understand, but if not send me a PM and we'll chat about it.
Thank you Janice!!! It was getting a lil hot in here.

BEEaboutmakeup

Oh and BTW I totally am in love with Beth Mask shade & smoke shadow. It's so light and pretty for spring / summer. Then again I lurved shadesticks and really miss them, so maybe I am biased.
smiles.gif
Whoop whoop ! As you should be! It was my favorite out of the four.. very pretty for summer and those days you don't feel like putting on your normal face or when you don't have a lot of time to do your face. <3

shontay07108

Thanks shontay! i thought you might say chrome yellow and electric eel... i have sun blonde and surf usa, but i guess they are probably different finishes.   I really like what I've seen of the powder (mind you haven't seen it irl), but funds are a little tight, so i'm trying to hold off/forego... i don't mind the finickyness of the intricate colour arrangement, i don't really think it's meant to be treated as a regular 'palette', especially since the colours look interesting when they are blended together. i have an eyeshadow from vincent longo that is split in three - olive, fucshia and mustard...it's absolutely beautiful worn separate or blended. the part that interests me most about the powder is the colour you get when they're all swirled together, so maybe i won't be able to completely skip. if it's still hanging around online next month and i'm still lemming it i might go for it!
Electric Eel, I believe is a bit brighter than the blue shade in the Beth powder. I forgot about that shadow, even though I own it. I don't own Chrome Yellow, but I've swatched it. The yellow shade in the beth powder isn't so matte and not as intense, but it might not be a bad dupe at all.

aradhana

See, I thought people hated/could live without the shadesticks...at least that was what I generally read. Which is why I won't and haven't touched the shade liners, plus my eyelids are kinda funky so it seems pointless to me! I agree about beth mask...must find shadow dupes.
i think it probably depends a lot on people's eyelid skin type/condition. my lids are super oily, so applying the shadesticks was really a pain in the butt, even with a brush...i end up having to apply a lot, which then looks cakey.
i kind of remember people going ga ga for the shadesticks that were in mac me over, but maybe it was just the colours...

aradhana

Electric Eel, I believe is a bit brighter than the blue shade in the Beth powder. I forgot about that shadow, even though I own it. I don't own Chrome Yellow, but I've swatched it. The yellow shade in the beth powder isn't so matte and not as intense, but it might not be a bad dupe at all.
i know same here...i rarely wear it, though it was one of my early mac purchases.

DILLIGAF

I loved shadesticks. I mean I really did. I miss Royal Hue shadestick like you wouldn't believe! I had high hopes for the shadestick like product from Beth Ditto. I know a lot of people complained about shadesticks being draggy. I found the shadow/ liners from this collection to be draggy. And also for the colors that were offered I just wasn't interested. I think I've mentioned before that my collection is at a stage where I'm finding myself to be more and more selective with what I purchase. I loved the colors of the lipsticks but I have a dupe for almost every one. I already own the liners and the mascaras. I just look at this collection as an opportunity to save money for another collection that will intrigue me more.

Miss Dynamite

I just appreciate all of the beauty bloggers including T who put so much time and effort into their sites & reviews. Do I agree with every review? No of course not. But I consider all of it a great resource. Just like I appreciate all of the opinions, reviews, swatches, looks, etc posted on this forum.

After all I am a working mom with small sons (all under the age of 10), and any tips that I can get about how too look better/less tired/younger are greatly appreciated. LOL
I definitely agree...all of the beauty bloggers should be appreciated for all the effort they put in. They don't have to spend so much time reviewing these products for us and yet they still do. And some go way beyond the norm so they can be sure to give us every detail they can. I mostly have to rely on online swatches because I'm due at the end of the month and on bed rest. So I'm really glad that there is something to keep me from buying products that aren't good quality or would be a horrible color on me.

Miss Dynamite

I loved shadesticks. I mean I really did. I miss Royal Hue shadestick like you wouldn't believe! I had high hopes for the shadestick like product from Beth Ditto. I know a lot of people complained about shadesticks being draggy. I found the shadow/ liners from this collection to be draggy. And also for the colors that were offered I just wasn't interested. I think I've mentioned before that my collection is at a stage where I'm finding myself to be more and more selective with what I purchase. I loved the colors of the lipsticks but I have a dupe for almost every one. I already own the liners and the mascaras. I just look at this collection as an opportunity to save money for another collection that will intrigue me more.
I absolutely love the Shadesticks that I have...but sadly, most of the brighter colored ones were discontinued by the time I really got into MAC. It would make me so happy if they would repromote Gracious Me Shadestick though. I'm obsessed with pinks and I've yet to find a good pink cream eyeshadow. I'd also be happy with Royal Hue, Shimmermint, Silverbleu, etc.

Yazmin

IMO the phrase "smokey eye" is greatly overused. Putting a darker color in the outer v and "smoking it out" is just nonsense. A smokey eye is when the darkest color is on the lid or closest to the lashes and fades out. I don't know how this got confused. It's the placement of the color, not the color itself (it could be any color). So many "guru's" and bloggers think that putting a darker color somewhere is doing a smokey eye.

rant.gif
Agreed.

duckrodeo

rant.gif
Whooopsies! I am totally guilty of this aaaand now I know! *insert "The More You Know" chime*

I've still got my eye on You're Perfect Already. I may go and check it out at the Nordstrom counter tomorrow..I have to make a stop at Sephora for some essentials (and then some, of course).

NATlar

I really can't decide if i want anything from this collection, i'm in two minds about Dear Diary and Booyah! I have both of them put behind for me to pick up on monday but i'm not 100% if i want them.