MAC X Caitlyn Jenner Collection Jan 5th, 2017

patentg33k

A tutorial using Compassion, the three eyeshadows, Rockit and Beautifully Bare gloss by dominic_mua: Instagram

Rockit looks pink here, but I think it's the sheerness of the application plus this model has very pink lips so her natural coloring must be showing through.

I got my Compassion today-it's fine for NC15, but only if I use a light hand. I have plenty of soft brushes so this is not a problem for me.. This seems ideal for medium skin tones. It gives me a nice glow. I love the texture--it looks nice over MAC Waterweight foundation. Anyway, even though I'm pale right now I like a deeper bronzer to take my mind off of the winter weather. At least I can be in Hawaii in my mind, right?

Last edited:

itskathleeeen

I got Rockit! and Understanding lipsticks & I'm seriously in love with Understanding! I think I may need to get a BU soon.

bluelitzer

Dang this color was better than I expected. It has one foot at the door as HG nude on me. If it were a satin finish it would be perfect, but as a cremesheen it still rocks. It's at par with Boca (left swatch), Yash and Enchanted One as my go-to nude.
IMG_0995.JPG

bluelitzer

Rockit vs AP
Rockit is a more delicate, lighter version of AP. There's not really a different undertone or touch of any other color. Rockit looks better in my opinion though. Of course it might look different on other skin tones.
View attachment 58156

Yazmin

What's to understand? It's racism pure and simple. Natural full lips on a black woman are a problem, but if a white girl purchases some, it's beautiful. Wash, rinse, repeat.

As for this collection, I try as much as possible not to support anything or anyone that is antithetical to me and my life, especially with my hard earned coins. People mocking Caitlin for being trans are transphobic to start with and are just using the fact she's a trash individual from a trash family as an excuse. They are garbage themselves.

Just speaking for myself, sometimes it goes beyond the product. I'm not going to buy stuff just because, especially when I have options. Whatever people want to do with their own money is up to them.

Let Cosmopolitan tell it, the Kardashians are the creators of big lips, big booties, and box braids. It's exasperating to say the least! But that's a whole other conversation!

Corally

Got Compassion today and it's gorgeous. I can see myself using it a lot so I'm really glad I got it. It also makes me crave for a mineralize collection. It's been too long!

And I just found out that the collection was restocked today and Buddy is still available. I really shouldn't get it but I still want it ugh. The struggle is real.

bluelitzer

I know that you're a very different skin tone to me (NC45 over here), but you've swayed me in NOT putting £16.50 in the Kardashians/Jenners bank account. I'm gonna spend my money on Cherish instead.

Yeah this one is a temptalia kind of nude. I'm nc 35-42 and i love ❤️ cherish. I'm on my 2nd tube.

patentg33k

Got Compassion today and it's gorgeous. I can see myself using it a lot so I'm really glad I got it. It also makes me crave for a mineralize collection. It's been too long!

And I just found out that the collection was restocked today and Buddy is still available. I really shouldn't get it but I still want it ugh. The struggle is real.

I have to admit that I'm tempted by Buddy, but it really seems so dupable. Also, I don't like the split pan format personally.

Corally

I think I'll be ordering another Compassion with my next mac order. The finish, the color, the texture... this bronzer is perfection. It also makes me wanna slap bronzer on my face every day and bronzer is usually one of the first things I'll skip when I don't have much time to do my makeup. I agree with ma146rina, this bronzer is perfect for NC20-25. So I kinda have to have another one lol. And bear in mind, I've only backed up 2 MAC products in my life (well actually 3 but I sold that one eventually lol) so wanting to get a BU of Compassion says a lot!!

CCKK

I got all three eyeshadows and finally put them on today. Love em'! I too am not a huge fan of the Kardashians/Jenner clan but Caitlyns shadows are good

Seven Of Nine

This collection is really awesome to me.
Some photos:

Eyeshadows
3.jpg 5.jpg

Rock It +Whirl
with flesh:
02.jpg
without flesh:
03.jpg
face
04.jpg

Buddy duo on the cheeks
11.jpg

Compassion on the face:
15.jpg

ma146rina

I think I'll be ordering another Compassion with my next mac order. The finish, the color, the texture... this bronzer is perfection. It also makes me wanna slap bronzer on my face every day and bronzer is usually one of the first things I'll skip when I don't have much time to do my makeup. I agree with ma146rina, this bronzer is perfect for NC20-25. So I kinda have to have another one lol. And bear in mind, I've only backed up 2 MAC products in my life (well actually 3 but I sold that one eventually lol) so wanting to get a BU of Compassion says a lot!!
Yes it's so perfect:heart:,you're lucky where i live is sold out:( But i saw that there's a shade in the mineralize natural powders called Dark golden and it's described as deep caramel and i'm thinking that maybe it's close.But yes def take a BU,somehow this type of shade it's not easy to find.

Mac-Guy

Glad you got it. I knew you would like it!

Latest posts