MAC X Ellie Goulding (Dec 14 / 17, 2015)

Prettypackages

UGH, y'all are killing me with the only you talk.

Monte, did you get anything from this collection? I finally got my Halcyon Nights. In the middle of unpacking, but hope to have swatches up this weekend.

SleepingBeauty

these lipsticks are cremesheen's

They are indeed Cremesheens but when I tried them on first I hadn't read the label yet and was like 'Oh... okay, those must be Lustres!'. I've got Cremesheens that have a much better colour payoff, for instance Hot Gossip. Or, concerning Lustres, even Syrup is more pigmented than Without Your Love. :scratch:

NATlar

Surprised not even 1 of her items is sold out on the UK site.... everythings still in stock!

iqaganda

I got the 2 lipsticks and the blush duo. Surprising enough, the blush duo is very much pigmented compared to the Riri's. But the lipsticks are so meh... :/ They're too sheer for my liking.. Too bad, Only You is such a nice shade!

starletta8

So happy that I snagged a BU of Nights today. That means I BU'd the blush duo, Nights, and Only You.

And I don't believe in BUs!

I feel OK not BUing Days- it's awesome but you use so little. I was shocked that the Blot Powder worked for me- I'm lighter than NW15!

bluelitzer

I got the 2 lipsticks and the blush duo. Surprising enough, the blush duo is very much pigmented compared to the Riri's. But the lipsticks are so meh... :/ They're too sheer for my liking.. Too bad, Only You is such a nice shade!

Yup that's the same experience I have when I swatched this in store the first day, as i posted before. The lipsticks are TOO SHEER. I'm keeping it for the bullet though.

Last edited:

awickedshape

Of course I forgot all the Halcyon Nights tutorials I'd seen and ended up with this lol

20160112_074627-1.jpg

They blend well enough, except for Starry-Eyed

GreenEyedAllie

Wore Nights with the coral lipstick from Guo Pei...looked nice together!

I find that Starry-Eyed works best lightly patted on and slightly blended using my finger for both at the inner corner.

awickedshape

I like that though. How do you like it?

What tutorials though?

Hi, Prettypackages!
There were a couple on youtube and pics on IG using Halcyon Nights and that made me decide to get it.
The other 3 shades are pretty good! I'm not liking the shimmery one but the rest are good.

GreenEyedAllie

Nice combo!

My SE had so much fallout that I was afraid to use it in the inner corner.
I did like this look I saw later this morning

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAVKg1JPjVt/

I get crazy crazy fallout if I use a brush at all and none if I pat and blend with a finger. My SA had the same issue and also found using a finger fixed it. I dunno. Might not work for everyone but thankfully it works for me. It's like how everyone including a couple bloggers are all 'No fallout with the new foiled shadows!' And I'm all glitter cheeks...

That is a gorgeous look! Maybe I'll get ambitious and try it, haha.

awickedshape

I get crazy crazy fallout if I use a brush at all and none if I pat and blend with a finger. My SA had the same issue and also found using a finger fixed it. I dunno. Might not work for everyone but thankfully it works for me. It's like how everyone including a couple bloggers are all 'No fallout with the new foiled shadows!' And I'm all glitter cheeks...

That is a gorgeous look! Maybe I'll get ambitious and try it, haha.

Lol!
I didn't try the foiled e/s. I need to stop with e/s for a while. After my Cle de Peau palette comes, haha

I will try the finger technique instead; thanks for the heads-up!

I saw a tutorial on youtube; the guy kept saying "halicon nights" but the look was interesting.

GreenEyedAllie

Lol!
I didn't try the foiled e/s. I need to stop with e/s for a while. After my Cle de Peau palette comes, haha

I will try the finger technique instead; thanks for the heads-up!

I saw a tutorial on youtube; the guy kept saying "halicon nights" but the look was interesting.

You will have to let me know how you like the CdP palette! I've heard good things.