MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

27dots

Can't stand Rihanna, but I already love the packaging. I don't buy much from mac collections but think this'll be an expensive one for me!

DILLIGAF

Oh this sounds promising! I love Rihanna's songs and makeup so I'm interested. But why are o many if you guys not liking her? I admit I don't follow any sort of celebrity news so I'm clueless
Nice to see you posting!!!!
Long story short. She's made some stupid decisions while being a public figure.
I'm here for the makeup. Can't wait to see a complete color story!

Supercoolstephy

I'm pretty excited about this. I'm sure the RiRi Woo wont be a color for me... but I'm super excited about the blush duo, the other colors and even the eye shadows that was shown in the promo pic. Gorgeous.

Also... I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet... but my Pro Store told me that they wont be getting collections in a week early anymore. Manager seemed pretty upset about it and how it could affect his business... especially if things are online sooner.

ahellokittybaby

I personally could not care less about Rihanna's personal life, but what I do know is that she has excellent style and her makeup is gorgeous and I believe it will be well suited to a large variety of customers. And did I mention that in my short time as a MAC customer this is by far the most gorgeous packaging I've seen!!

trayceeee

I'm going to make a bold statement and hopefully stick to it... I'm not going to buy any more makeup until these collections. I have way more than I need and only want 'special' stuff now...
Let's see how long this lasts...lol

KMQE716

lol.gif
So subtle. I actually find it really neat that she tried her RiRi Woo on her friends to make sure it was universally friendly on all skin types. She may not be the best role model, but I still find her to be a very talented individual so it makes me happy to see actually put lots of effort in creating this collection.
i think that's what counts, the fact that it's more to her than about just putting her name on something!

im actually also surprised that her packaging is the rose gold/pink bc i would think of her packaging being black with maybe a gold/silver highlighting points but then i guess that makes it MAC packaging lol.

That quad already is awesome as i am peeking through and looking at the colors...i pray that is not showstopper though lol

Shadowy Lady

Nice to see you posting!!!! Long story short. She's made some stupid decisions while being a public figure. I'm here for the makeup. Can't wait to see a complete color story!
Hey lady! I know I hang around here sometimes still ;) thank you for the explanation...if I like her makeup I buy it so I agree with u. I'm thinking there will be a few nice lip products in there :) I agree with the poster on Marilyn Monroe though...I'm not a fan and honestly every interview of hers, she sounded shallow and kinda dumb to me. She also acted faaaaar from classy! But when I mention this stuff ppl wanna jump my throat like she was the best woman ever walked on Earth and definition of class herself :/ Speaking of icons, I would love a Sofia Loren collection....now she was a beauty and classy :) Oh ya and I agree no more Showstopper!! I have that shadow in 2 quads and as single I think lol!

MacAddictNurse

Just wanted to post some of her makeup looks. All this talk of her personal life is no use for me lol

Same here I loveeee her makeup it is always flawless, and I for one don't care about her personal life specially the weed smoking considering that I am also from the islands and its such a normal thing for us I just care bout the makeup and OMG it looks really promising!!

MichaelaLou

I really dislike rihanna, yes she was dumb for getting back with him but i thought she showed her true colours when she retweeted a girl and isulted her looks http://www.bullyville.com/?page=articles&id=334 the girl wasnt even rude. And the bragging about drugs puts me off too. However i like makeup more than i dislike rihanna

honey on boost

Same here I loveeee her makeup it is always flawless, and I for one don't care about her personal life specially the weed smoking considering that I am also from the islands and its such a normal thing for us I just care bout the makeup and OMG it looks really promising!!
Exactly.. Smoking weed is normal for a lot of people from the islands.

Mac4Megan

I wouldn't say I'm a Rihanna fan, I do like some of her music, not all though. I don't judge her for her personal decisions, they don't affect me, and judging by her music I don't think she targets a younger audience so I wouldn't consider her a role model for young girls. That being said, I am really excited for these collections. After reading the article it sounds like Rihanna has been a MAC fan for years and covets LE items like everyone on here. She seems like she was very involved in making her products and with her love of makeup she knows what makes products great. I think we can expect top quality from this collection, as well as some edgy shades.

admmgz

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't care for the packaging? It looks like just red Sharpie to me...

As far as Rihanna, I wish she'd give us a chance to miss her. Don't get me wrong- I like some of her music but she's everywhere (which is a good thing especially for this collab!). I used to like flipping through the radio stations & hearing one of her songs pop up but now that's all you seem to hear. I basically only listen to cd's or my playlists now because stuff is so overplayed. She just annoys me sometimes lol As far as her personal life, I don't care either way. Her makeup looks are beautiful. I will make a purchase if I like the product, not based on her. We shall see...

Ana A

Unless she's a puppy murderer I could care less about what she is or isnt. Bottom line Rihanna or not this is a new collection, I buy makeup because I enjoy the different colors, shades etc and Mac is a business like any other meaning they dont sell morals only their product and its great!

Ana A

Unless she's a puppy murderer I could care less about what she is or isnt. Bottom line Rihanna or not this is a new collection, I buy makeup because I enjoy the different colors, shades etc and Mac is a business like any other meaning they dont sell morals only their product and its great!

Lipstickdiva420

Her makeup is always gorgeous!

LOL Can I join you? I need to slow down on my 'personal' makeup purchases and enjoy what I have for a while.

Exactly.. Smoking weed is normal for a lot of people from the islands.
lol I don't know why people are so surprised she smokes weed anyway
dapimp.gif
and there is nothing wrong with it. What about the the celebs that do hard core drugs and alcohol that have REAL long term affects.

champagneshadow

I'm not a fan of Rihanna, but for the most part I'm not much of a fan of any of the artists MAC collaborates with. I do like the packaging minus the "ri ri" business

Status
Not open for further replies.