MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

NaomiH

Dreaming Of You is an exact match for Selena's signature 90's Retro Matte red/brown, I'm impressed MAC!

Como La Flor is definitely a matte with that subtle shimmer a la Rocker/Sparks Of Romance/Blow

Well done MAC! Something about a small "capsule collection" I find tasteful and respectful of Selena

Agreed with you on all points, they did really well with this collectionew.

NaomiH

I wonder what the brush is. I'm so excited and plan on buying everything as I actually do like everything we've seen. I do have a feeling the blush duo may be a bit light but I guess we'll see! Great job,MAC!

Honi

If anyone wants to enlighten me about this lady, feel free to PM me some videos or documentaries or something that I should watch. I feel like I'm missing out on something! :eek:

honey on boost

If anyone wants to enlighten me about this lady, feel free to PM me some videos or documentaries or something that I should watch. I feel like I'm missing out on something! :eek:

She was VERY popular amongst Mexicans and other Latinos. She started to branch off into english music just before she was murdered. I think her popularity with most people grew after the movie that was made about her. The movie "SELENA" is pretty much her life story.

Honi

She was VERY popular amongst Mexicans and other Latinos. She started to branch off into english music just before she was murdered. I think her popularity with most people grew after the movie that was made about her. The movie "SELENA" is pretty much her life story.
Thank you, I will watch it!

Monsy

I do not think she was known in EU because I have never heard of her either. I did watch Selena movie a long time ago.

GreenEyedAllie

I do not think she was known in EU because I have never heard of her either. I did watch Selena movie a long time ago.

It's the movie about the Latina singer who was murdered, not the movie about the woman who's husband pimps her out to Harrison Ford.<-This one was 'Sabrina' not 'Selena'...my bad! Sorry movie buffs! Just ignore me, lol. :doh:

Last edited:

Monsy

Yup! The one with JLo is the one about the singer this collection is in honour of. I only became familiar because of the movie many years ago!

that's the one i was thinking about too.although i watched it so long ago can't remember anything

stirfryedshana

I'll probably just go for Dreaming Of You...that's actually what I think of every time I hear of Selena. I remember a friend singing it for a talent show in elementary school, and it gives me chills to this day!

Mizani

This is one of the rare times I can say this, but it is just so funny to me to see people who don't know who someone is but who I know was once pretty popular. It is always the other way around for me. LOL! Usually I'm the one going, "WHO?" Anyways, I had mentioned this before earlier in this thread but the movie Selena is what put JLO on the map.

awickedshape

This is one of the rare times I can say this, but it is just so funny to me to see people who don't know who someone is but who I know was once pretty popular. It is always the other way around for me. LOL! Usually I'm the one going, "WHO?" Anyways, I had mentioned this before earlier in this thread but the movie Selena is what put JLO on the map.

Lol

Latest posts