MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Sweetyellow

I'm only grabbing two from this collection. I don't need a red, amplified finish lipstick. Amor Prohibido will be great for those "no-makeup" makeup days and I love, love Dreaming of You.

NaomiH

Saw this in an FB group I'm in, not sure who the pic was originally posted by.
FB_IMG_1472258212633.jpg

Last edited:

DeAnn Smith

I was living and working in Northeast Texas in the early/mid-90s. My boss was a Latina and she invited me to family and other functions where Selena's music was popular. I will never forget the raw grief and devastation when Selena was killed. She was beloved and many Latinos said she was their Elvis or Marilyn Monroe as I recall from the time. Because I was in Texas, I knew how popular she was even before her awful and untimely death. I love purple and I'd love to honor her memory (and perhaps remember a younger, more innocent version of myself before Columbine, 9/11, Pulse, Sandy Hook etc and the Great Recession). I think the Amor Prohibido is gorgeous along with the lipglass. The brush is beautiful. I hope I can get something to remember a beautiful, talented and beloved lady taken much too soon.

NATlar

Powder for me definitely with two of the lipsticks Amor Prohibido and Dreaming Of You.... my favorite song that was as well haha! If only the other lipstick wasn't amplified why couldn't it of been a satin or matte :(

Honi

Releasing October 8th in stores and October 6th online for Scandinavia. I have no samples though, soz!

DeAnn Smith

Any idea when swatches and reviews will start showing up? I'm tempted by Amor Prohibido but I really want to see swatches and reviews since it's a Glaze. The nice lady at the MAC counter at my suburban Macy's location yesterday said she expects a frenzy. She said there's been the most questions for the longest time by customers about this collection than any she's ever known. I'm glad I hit Devoted last week :)

Latest posts