MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Mizani

I don't trust counters. The last time I went in for the Osbourne collection it sold out and the mall hadn't even opened yet. Shady.

Yeah, over time it has been discussed on here that counters are notorious for being low of inventory to begin with. It is especially bad that what they do get also includes the employees getting first pick (they have to get from the store inventory too, not a separate stock) so by the time the store opens they might have one of the more popular items left. MAC should be ashamed of themselves.

The last time I had to go in store on launch day to get something (due to the horrible crashing MAC site) was Frank-n-Furter from Rocky Horror. It wasn't too bad. Just make sure you get there earlier.

Mizani

This was such a cluster. Worse than the waiting room fiasco IMHO because this kept dragging on, and on, and on.

Reminds me or Rocky Horror. They had everything up and launched except for Frank-N-Furter lipstick which was the only thing I had wanted. Waited alllll day. Finally decided to get up and bathe and while gone from the computer they launched it and it sold out by the time I got out of the tub. *smh*

KGeezy

I guess its stalking party part 3 for the Nordies launch come tomorrow night/Sunday morning??????

luvlydee

All i wanted was a back up of bbbb since it was an mac online exclusive but i at least got one so i should be happy about that. I dont even wear gloss so idk why i was stressing for a back up. So once my order comes on monday ill decide if i want any other backups and then ill go to the store thursday morning since i switched shifts with someone else so that i can go into work at 3

SerenLuv

There is a message on the mac website that all items have sold out. It also says they are working to restock the collection. Hopefully, that will happen and everyone will get what they want...finally.

montREALady

There is a message on the mac website that all items have sold out. It also says they are working to restock the collection. Hopefully, that will happen and everyone will get what they want...finally.

Wow, this is the first time I've seen them put up such a message and mention the word "restock".

M*A*C Selena Collection Page | MAC Cosmetics - Official Site

[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]Due to the passion and overwhelming excitement from Selena’s fans, currently #MACSelena is sold out on Maccosmetics.com. We are working to restock the collection.[/FONT]

[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]In the meantime, #MACSelena will be available at Macys.com, Dillards.com, Nordstrom.com, Bloomingdales.com, Belk.com, Saks.com and TheBay.com on Monday, October 3. Additionally, #MACSelena will be available wherever M·A·C is sold in the US and in select stores in Canada beginning on Thursday, October 6.[/FONT]

[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]#MACSelena will launch internationally later this month.[/FONT]

[FONT=tstar_mono_roundregular]Thank you for your passion and your patience. Please stay tuned for more details.[/FONT]

awickedshape

So many people petitioned for this collection only for it to turn out like this.
They needed to address the somehow.
I hope the die-hard fans were actually able to get products!

lipstickaddict

So many people petitioned for this collection only for it to turn out like this.
They needed to address the somehow.
I hope the die-hard fans were actually able to get products!

I hope so too! Most of the collection is still available on Mac Canada. I think it may be possible to call and place and order to the US.

Miss Dynamite

I'm still wondering who the hell it sold out to...the website didn't work at all until after the collection was sold out. I couldn't load any pages, no sign in button, nothing.

verorl

I wonder what will happen when it hits MAC Mexico, there are a lot of Selena fans here, especially in the Nothern parts closer to the border with TX.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm still wondering who the hell it sold out to...the website didn't work at all until after the collection was sold out. I couldn't load any pages, no sign in button, nothing.

That's what I'm wondering too. The site wasn't even available, I kept getting the error message, and as soon as it worked again it said sold out.

awickedshape

I hope so too! Most of the collection is still available on Mac Canada. I think it may be possible to call and place and order to the US.

I hope that can work out

How about that...

Instagram
Instagram

And I do hope that the fans that petitioned were able to get their products!

I would hope so, but... what a mess

laurennnxox

All I want to get is AP and BBB. Kind of tired and frustrated. Unfortunately for me, nordies usually launches at like 3am in my time zone so I doubt I'll be able to snag them :|

Asphyxia

Yes! Missing My Baby is the perfect lid color imo. I'm tempted to get a backup if I ever get a chance. I actually love all the eyeshadows. My other fave is Is It The Beat. The es makes that smokey eyeliner look so effortless.