MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

MsKb

My order shipped as well! got to snag Dreaming of you and como la flor. really loving the early access

KGeezy

Only 1 of my 3 ordered shipped so far , it so happened to be the one w/o the shipping charge . Still waiting on the first two to ship

Icecaramellatte

Swatches of the blush duo
View attachment 56615

Thanks for the pic. I wish this would come back in stock. I'm tired of checking.

I was thinking that someone left right after the Star Trek launch. That pre sale went so smoothly (I don't know if there was a limit imposed on buying stuff because I only ordered one item of each product and I wasn't charged for shipping!). From then on, it's been problem after problem- switched labels, bogus shipping charges, disorganized launches. etc.

I am glad that I am not the only one is order is "still processing". Wonder what that means- is MAC adjusting the shipping charges or are they trying to find all the items to send us?

I don't know about once it launched but there was a pre-launch limit.

Mac took my money right away. I did get a shipping notice this afternoon for delivery on Monday.

Asphyxia

I just received the collection, and holy s it's beautiful. I'm in tears. Como La Flor is surprisingly darker (in the tube) than I expected. I have a feeling it's the perfect red. Had to put the lipsticks in the fridge because they were a little sweaty. Gotta love Texas.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I think it's just mayhem over there. Oh good, my first order with the shipping charge shipped (DOY). Just waiting on BBBB and Selena e/s.

I think so too. This is my first time taking advantage of early access to a collection and besides the shipping and handling (the shipping and handling charge and the fact that one of my orders is being shipped standard instead of 2-Day when I am at the Obsessed level and spent over $50), the overall ordering experience went smoothly for me and I was able to get everything that I wanted (even though I am considering getting Techno Cumbia if the bronzing side is deep enough during the regular launch online). Other than that, I think they are in some chaos over there trying to deal with shipping refunds and customer complaints because of those refunds. I called shortly after my orders were placed and asked them about refunding me the shipping and handling on all of them so I'm just waiting to receive them. I just checked my account and all of my orders shipped so I hope yours and everyone else's have shipped as well by now or they will be shipped soon.

NaomiH

WOW! In this day and age...they generated so much buzz for this collection, you would think they would get their $h*t together to have a smooth, successful pre-launch/launch, etc. But no...just as we expected...

And I still wonder whose heads rolled for the Taraji fiasco
:bat:...that cost MAC a pretty penny...but who are we kidding, right?! By giving everyone $25 credits they sure as heck made up the money. I spent way more than the $25 when I placed my order...
[MENTION=65583]Mac-Guy[/MENTION] is right! MAC plays us hard and fast!
:fight:

I'm worried, but at the same time not too sad if they somehow effed up and only charged me a quarter of what my actual total was. Lol

BrittLuvsMakeup

For those of you who were charged shipping and handling on your orders, make sure they refund you not only for the shipping charge, but for the additional amount of tax you may have been charged for the shipping as well. I can't speak for anyone else's orders but they taxed me on the total with the shipping and handling charge, not just the cost of the items I purchased. Since shipping was supposed to be free, we should be getting back the additional amount we had to pay in tax on the shipping and handling as well. I'm sure they are taking that into account but it doesn't hurt to make sure to check for yourself when you are either charged for your order (should they just deduct the shipping amount when the total posts to your account) or if they issue a separate refund. I just wanted to bring attention to this just incase anyone didn't notice.

itskathleeeen

For those of you who were charged shipping and handling on your orders, make sure they refund you not only for the shipping charge, but for the additional amount of tax you may have been charged for the shipping as well. I can't speak for anyone else's orders but they taxed me on the total with the shipping and handling charge, not just the cost of the items I purchased. Since shipping was supposed to be free, we should be getting back the additional amount we had to pay in tax on the shipping and handling as well. I'm sure they are taking that into account but it doesn't hurt to make sure to check for yourself when you are either charged for your order (should they just deduct the shipping amount when the total posts to your account) or if they issue a separate refund. I just wanted to bring attention to this just incase anyone didn't notice.
you're right! I checked the tax on my order and they charged me $1.20 more because of shipping! Ugh!!!

NaomiH

Okay,so I just got my haul delivered,everything is in the box but on the invoice it shows my total and it seems they only charged me for my foundation, tax and overnight shipping!
View attachment 56628

NaomiH

Swatches! All taken outside in natural light. On the shadows,I didn't use primer. Missing my baby kind of blends in with my skin and I think it'll be good for a barely there lid colour or brow shade. Fotos y Recuerdos is a lovely shade,but I see why all the bloggers have said it is the weakest of the bunch. I'm going to play around with it on my eyes and stuff over primer though and see how it fares. Anywho, on to the swatches.
Lip products: Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming of You and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom
20160929_172447.jpg

Eyeshadows: Fotos y Recuerdos, No Me Queda Mas, Missing My Baby, Is It the Beat, Selena
20160929_172443.jpg

GreenEyedAllie

Swatches! All taken outside in natural light. On the shadows,I didn't use primer. Missing my baby kind of blends in with my skin and I think it'll be good for a barely there lid colour or brow shade. Fotos y Recuerdos is a lovely shade,but I see why all the bloggers have said it is the weakest of the bunch. I'm going to play around with it on my eyes and stuff over primer though and see how it fares. Anywho, on to the swatches.
Lip products: Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming of You and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom
View attachment 56629

Eyeshadows: Fotos y Recuerdos, No Me Queda Mas, Missing My Baby, Is It the Beat, Selena
View attachment 56630

Great swatches! This makes me soooo glad I grabbed BBBB! I can't wait!

What are your thoughts on Selena (es)?

NaomiH

Dang! Now I wish I would have put techno cumbia in my basket when it first released. Second time for me to miss another of MAC's wonderful mess ups:doh:

I wonder what happened that caused it to happen. I almost wish I'd gotten it too now. I know the blunt side will work on me but I know the blush won't which is why I didn't get it. :doh:

NaomiH

Great swatches! This makes me soooo glad I grabbed BBBB! I can't wait!

What are your thoughts on Selena (es)?

BBBB is SO pretty!
As far as Selena, it seems pretty good. The colour is super pretty and it seems to have decent pigmentation. I'm going to use it tomorrow and see how it goes.

LiliV

Something is definitely up w the weird amounts we all got charged/didn't get charged! Mine still isn't showing at all in my bank transactions but my package is on it's way. I'm not going to call Mac about it either but I'm like ummm...what exactly happened? Lol

KGeezy

Update: my 2nd order shipped! this one was for DOY, CFL and the brush. Still waiting on the last one with NMQM and Techno Cumbia

Latest posts