MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

squirtlesquad54

Finally done with this collection. Coudnt get nmqm es but it's okay I'll live! Haven't seen anything like this in such a long time, it's actually really nice to see everyone here again :)

NaomiH

Finally done with this collection. Coudnt get nmqm es but it's okay I'll live! Haven't seen anything like this in such a long time, it's actually really nice to see everyone here again :)
Agreed! It's so nice seeing everyone coming together in the threads again.

DeAnn Smith

Thank you!! I just called and ordered the 2 eyeshadows I wanted. I got the lippies during the pre-sale. They always have a nice stock of new collections. That's where I got my lippies from the Alluring Aquatics collection after it sold out.

Which store was that? I got some from a San Diego store that had Alluring Aquatics. I should get my stuff tonight. I will want to see if I want any backups. I'm still intrigued by the mascara and brush....I don't miss the stress and 60-hour work week of my old job but I sure miss the money for stuff like Mac :)

LiliV

I am always surprised that the mascara and eyeliner go first.

Yes! So weird lol And mascara is what (at least how I use products) you would go through and throw out the fastest too lol.

I really hope Mac.com restocks, I just want the gloss!

DeAnn Smith

Ugh, I am annoyed my purchase from MACY'S is not qualified for entey ro my select account. Darn it. That would have put me just a few dollars from obessed.

You should politely contact MAC to see if they will do a one-time customer satisfaction credit. (I guess it depends on how much we're talking about). You could explain that you weren't able to buy online from MAC cause of the demand and were forced to purchase from another retailer......in my case....I had an agent tell me that Macy's purchases did qualify....when they don't.....it was on tape. So the supervisor made clear they couldn't credit the purchases but could give me a one-time customer loyalty we're so sorry for giving you bad information amount of points. All they can do is say no. I would make clear that you know the purchases don't qualify but you really had no choice because of the bad online shopping experience from Maccosmetics.com and you had to have Selena items so you were forced to go elsewhere, and you would prefer not to do that in the future. And the goodwill gesture would mean so much :) If I thought I had any chance of being Obsessed this year, I would do the same for my Macy.com Selena purchases but I don't see me hitting $500 even if I were to include my Macy's.com Selena purchases so I'm not going to try. If it's a large amount, you might not seek dollar for dollar but a smaller amount. In my case, it was like two eyeshadows and they wound up giving me more goodwill points than I had purchased from Macy's. So I was hugely happy :)

Asphyxia

Me too. I regretted not picking them up during the prelaunch, but I ordered them through Nordies. I think people are willing to get their hands on any piece of this collection. Also, I needed a new mascara and eyeliner, so I figured why the heck not.

Side note -

I would seriously love to see MAC make DOY, ITB and MMB permanent. Anyone know of high-quality dupes? I seriously could wear MMB and ITB for the rest of my life and I'd be good. I hope MAC isn't playing us with the restock.

Corally

Yes! So weird lol And mascara is what (at least how I use products) you would go through and throw out the fastest too lol.

I really hope Mac.com restocks, I just want the gloss!

Because a lot of non makeup loving people (at least not as much as us specktra peeps lol) still use mascara and/or eyeliner so if they love Selena and want to get something from the collection it'll be something they will actually use. That's what I think at least.

LiliV

Because a lot of non makeup loving people (at least not as much as us specktra peeps lol) still use mascara and/or eyeliner so if they love Selena and want to get something from the collection it'll be something they will actually use. That's what I think at least.

Thats a good point, I can see that.

I wonder if bc of the success of this collection Mac would do a re-release like they did for Marilyn. Or a Selena collection part 2

Scorpio69

I was trying to thank you in my previous post but I always have problems responding on this site (that's why I never try to post anymore). I ordered the 2 eye shadows I wanted that were sold out during the pre-sale. KOP always seems to get a good amount of stock.

you are welcome, I just got a call back from them confirming my order and payment, yay .

Latest posts