MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

LMarie21

I had to go to the city today (San Francisco) with my uncle and I was thinking about going into the Mac Store on Union Square but that line was super long and going around the corner. I saw all the people with their order forms and I didn't even bother lol. I wanted to get MMB, but that line was ridic. My uncle told me he's seen it where lines have been longer than that lol...I told him people take makeup seriously (raises hand proudly lol). I settled for Daiso and buying lash travel containers and a cute makeup bag lol.

lumaday

you are welcome, I just got a call back from them confirming my order and payment, yay .

They hadn't called me confirming mine yet so I called again (it's been since 9:30 this AM that I did the phone sale so I got a little concerned), she said she'll process mine in a few minutes. I told her how awesome they have been today and she deserves some wine at the end of the day. She's already planning on it.

What a great group of SA's they have at that store!

Prettypackages

btw, where do you live? I saw that you mentioned the malls were closed, did you need to evacuate? R u supposed to even be online? LOL

looks like only the shadows and TC are actually in stock. C'mon Dillards what a tease!

Catching up!
@Prettypackages who he look like? Lol
ya know, he did kinda remind me of this old school football player. or did he play baseball? He was brown skinned, football build, tall, square jawline... Now if he was dude from Queen Sugar, Sendill R., or Jesse Williams type of fine, I might have needed bail money.

Hey today was kinda like an old school stalking day for me... I waited, had a hunky guy (though not shirtless), and I just had some soup!! LOL

Last edited:

montREALady

Finally done with this collection. Coudnt get nmqm es but it's okay I'll live! Haven't seen anything like this in such a long time, it's actually really nice to see everyone here again :)

Agreed! It's so nice seeing everyone coming together in the threads again.
I agree! Nothing like a good ole stalking session to bring us together! MAC hasn't brought anything out stalk-worthy since maybe Valli?

Never knew how many products had Selena as part of their name!
I know right?!! Lollll

I am always surprised that the mascara and eyeliner go first.

Me too! I was here wondering what is so special about those items. :D

Yes! So weird lol And mascara is what (at least how I use products) you would go through and throw out the fastest too lol.

I really hope Mac.com restocks, I just want the gloss!

Those were the first two items to sell out at MAC Time Sq this morning. We kept panicking then when they said it we were like "Oh, who cares? Wtf is buying those?" Lol. We hypothesized that it was the ppl who got everything else online so they just figured last minute they'd get the liner and mascara. That or they stocked 4 of each, lol. NMQM was the first shadow to go, then Selena.

LiliV hope you get the gloss!

Last edited:

ohsoamazin

looks like only the shadows and TC are actually in stock. C'mon Dillards what a tease!

I think they were slowly releasing items at a time to prevent crashes because minutes later I saw DOY by itself and some items sold out. Now they have some items up again or it's all a glitch but I heard some people got confirmation. I got all the items I wanted I just announced it in case anyone is trying to get something.

Last edited:

montREALady

I think they were slowly releasing items at a time to prevent crashes because minutes later I saw DOY by itself and some items sold out. Now they have some items up again or it's all a glitch but I heard some people got confirmation. I got all the items I wanted I just announced it in case anyone is trying to get something.

I wish they would slowly get rid of that shipping charge!

borinquena

Did anyone get the brush? Is it good quality? I'm asking because usually LE 129 brushes are not the same quality as the 129 or 129SH.

NaomiH

I got it and it's pretty decent for an SE brush. Super soft and applied my blush well when I tried it yesterday. Not as good as the regular 129,but definitely not bad at all.
Did anyone get the brush? Is it good quality? I'm asking because usually LE 129 brushes are not the same quality as the 129 or 129SH.

NaomiH

Yeah probably Valli and Julia Petite though I didn't stalk for those. Or maybe Bao Bao Wan too. The last time I stalked for a collection was Rocky Horror
I agree! Nothing like a good ole stalking session to bring us together! MAC hasn't brought anything out stalk-worthy since maybe Valli?

I know right?!! Lollll

Those were the first two items to sell out at MAC Time Sq this morning. We kept panicking then when they said it we were like "Oh, who cares? Wtf is buying those?" Lol. We hypothesized that it was the ppl who got everything else online so they just figured last minute they'd get the liner and mascara. That or they stocked 4 of each, lol. NMQM was the first shadow to go, then Selena.

LiliV hope you get the gloss!

RaymondKurzweil

Uhh, why so many? Gifts?

All gifts (except the Techno Cumbia backup, and gifts that they'll pay me back for later. I'm open to layaway). I have too many friends who weren't able to stalk and could not get to a store or a counter in time. I'm just happy I stayed through that line while feeling TERRRRIBLE. Three people who mean a lot to me and are also super Selena fans. They deserve it and I don't want them paying eBay prices. And maybe I will earn makeup karma. :)

I'm just really mad at the limited supply and I've been trying to stalk everywhere I could but as we all know, the websites have been unreliable and erratic. It's not everything I wanted to pick up but it's better than nothing and really, Techno Cumbia was what every person wanted.

It has been so long since I stalked and been apart of MAC Madness(tm) again. The familiarity made me feel kind of nice. I mean, as nice as I could with a head cold.

Latest posts