MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

NaomiH

That was really nice if you to get them items. I hope you feel better soon. :)
All gifts (except the Techno Cumbia backup, and gifts that they'll pay me back for later. I'm open to layaway). I have too many friends who weren't able to stalk and could not get to a store or a counter in time. I'm just happy I stayed through that line while feeling TERRRRIBLE. Three people who mean a lot to me and are also super Selena fans. They deserve it and I don't want them paying eBay prices. And maybe I will earn makeup karma. :)

I'm just really mad at the limited supply and I've been trying to stalk everywhere I could but as we all know, the websites have been unreliable and erratic. It's not everything I wanted to pick up but it's better than nothing and really, Techno Cumbia was what every person wanted.

It has been so long since I stalked and been apart of MAC Madness(tm) again. The familiarity made me feel kind of nice. I mean, as nice as I could with a head cold.

laurennnxox

btw, where do you live? I saw that you mentioned the malls were closed, did you need to evacuate? R u supposed to even be online? LOL

LOL! I live in Boca Raton, but literally as far west as you can get-- so luckily we were not in an evacuation zone, and honestly it's not too bad now! Power is still on. :) My mom lives in Jupiter (about an hour north) and her power is out and they're getting slammed way worse. We only had tropical storm winds, and 25% change of hurricane force winds. It wobbled a little east I guess last night, so it helped out a lot. But parts of Florida are definitely getting it right now! Thanks for looking out. :)

dcarrington

You should politely contact MAC to see if they will do a one-time customer satisfaction credit. (I guess it depends on how much we're talking about). You could explain that you weren't able to buy online from MAC cause of the demand and were forced to purchase from another retailer......in my case....I had an agent tell me that Macy's purchases did qualify....when they don't.....it was on tape. So the supervisor made clear they couldn't credit the purchases but could give me a one-time customer loyalty we're so sorry for giving you bad information amount of points. All they can do is say no. I would make clear that you know the purchases don't qualify but you really had no choice because of the bad online shopping experience from Maccosmetics.com and you had to have Selena items so you were forced to go elsewhere, and you would prefer not to do that in the future. And the goodwill gesture would mean so much :) If I thought I had any chance of being Obsessed this year, I would do the same for my Macy.com Selena purchases but I don't see me hitting $500 even if I were to include my Macy's.com Selena purchases so I'm not going to try. If it's a large amount, you might not seek dollar for dollar but a smaller amount. In my case, it was like two eyeshadows and they wound up giving me more goodwill points than I had purchased from Macy's. So I was hugely happy :)

Thank you so much for all those tips! I am going to give it a go right now. Like you said all they can say is no. But how were they able to confirm that one good time credit with you? Did they ask for your receipt information over the phone or did they as you to send a picture of the receipt to them via email?

NaomiH

Glad you're okay,Lauren and I hope your mom fares well. :)
LOL! I live in Boca Raton, but literally as far west as you can get-- so luckily we were not in an evacuation zone, and honestly it's not too bad now! Power is still on. :) My mom lives in Jupiter (about an hour north) and her power is out and they're getting slammed way worse. We only had tropical storm winds, and 25% change of hurricane force winds. It wobbled a little east I guess last night, so it helped out a lot. But parts of Florida are definitely getting it right now! Thanks for looking out. :)

KGeezy

I'm so happy that my fellow specktrettes were able to get what they wanted, i know this launch hasn't been easy ❤️❤️????????????

elegant-one

Lauren - you look really BEAUTIFUL in your new pic! :wow: Hope you & your mom stay safe.

GreenEyedAllie

Glad you're ok!! Stay safe!

A friend of mine who's sometimes on here had to evacuate. She and her fur babies are safe now, but still.

CCKK

I got missing my baby, is the beat, and 2 compacts. Still looking for No Queda Mas, Salena eyeshadow, and dreaming of you lipstick. I tried to get it this morning but everyone said you must be present to buy. Luckily, at 4pm today Chicago Mac said hey we will ship. Got what they had.

DeAnn Smith

Thats a good point, I can see that.

I wonder if bc of the success of this collection Mac would do a re-release like they did for Marilyn. Or a Selena collection part 2

I wasn't around then. Can you elaborate on what they did for Marilyn and what happened with that collection?

Btw, it's awesome to see a collection with so many pages! Reminds me of the old days when I first found Specktra :)

DeAnn Smith

I got it and it's pretty decent for an SE brush. Super soft and applied my blush well when I tried it yesterday. Not as good as the regular 129,but definitely not bad at all.

Interesting! I didn't know that. Both of my 129s are SE. In fact, part of my first brush set I got was a 129. I see the brush and mascara are both still up on Dillards....trying to avoid the siren call. Heading home. Hubby says package is on the front door step.

LiliV

I wasn't around then. Can you elaborate on what they did for Marilyn and what happened with that collection?

Btw, it's awesome to see a collection with so many pages! Reminds me of the old days when I first found Specktra :)

They re-released the Marilyn collection a year or two after the launch as a Macy's exclusive. I was so happy bc I was able to get a back up of one of my favorite lipsticks! The initial Marilyn launch was like this, but Selena is definitely worse lol

awickedshape

btw, where do you live? I saw that you mentioned the malls were closed, did you need to evacuate? R u supposed to even be online? LOL

ya know, he did kinda remind me of this old school football player. or did he play baseball? He was brown skinned, football build, tall, square jawline... Now if he was dude from Queen Sugar, Sendill R., or Jesse Williams type of fine, I might have needed bail money.

Hey today was kinda like an old school stalking day for me... I waited, had a hunky guy (though not shirtless), and I just had some soup!! LOL

Lol!

DeAnn Smith

Thank you so much for all those tips! I am going to give it a go right now. Like you said all they can say is no. But how were they able to confirm that one good time credit with you? Did they ask for your receipt information over the phone or did they as you to send a picture of the receipt to them via email?

Not sure what you mean? I had my Macy's receipt. I was prepared to give them all the information on it ( read to the original CS)....and sign in blood but since it was Macy's not Mac it didn't matter. The one CS who had said it was OK...couldn't figure out how to enter. Duh. I had called. Got confirmation. Then bought. It was either a single Trolls eyeshadow or an eyeshadow and a second item. Anyway, since the manager gave me more points than I was seeking as a one-time goodwill gesture she didn't need to see a receipt and it wouldn't have mattered....you can't get the points for Macy purchases. Hope this answers your questions. P.S. the manager said the points would show up the next day and they did. I'm still mad that I didn't pre-order. Stupid, stupid on my part. I am sure hoping for a restock. I'd love to know how similar BBBB is to Pure Fiction (Novel Romance) minus the sparkle or Reckless Desire. I think Reckless Desire is my all-time favorite lipglass. It's so unique imo. (oh, wait Wrong Spell is my all-time favorite but I'm hoarding my backups). I really, really regret not getting backups of Reckless Desire. I wear it only occassionally cause it's getting quite low in the tube. I think it's so pretty. I figure it's more purple than BBBB but wonder if the sparkle is similar.

montREALady

All gifts (except the Techno Cumbia backup, and gifts that they'll pay me back for later. I'm open to layaway). I have too many friends who weren't able to stalk and could not get to a store or a counter in time. I'm just happy I stayed through that line while feeling TERRRRIBLE. Three people who mean a lot to me and are also super Selena fans. They deserve it and I don't want them paying eBay prices. And maybe I will earn makeup karma. :)

I'm just really mad at the limited supply and I've been trying to stalk everywhere I could but as we all know, the websites have been unreliable and erratic. It's not everything I wanted to pick up but it's better than nothing and really, Techno Cumbia was what every person wanted.

It has been so long since I stalked and been apart of MAC Madness(tm) again. The familiarity made me feel kind of nice. I mean, as nice as I could with a head cold.

Oh that's super sweet! I met a girl in the line today who was getting stuff for her 3 sisters as they live down South and are dealing with Matthew. So between the limits and stuff running out she had to go to another MAC to get all that she needed for everyone including herself. You will get good makeup karma.

Prettypackages

That is very sweet of you, you will definitely get makeup karma.

Oh good, I'm glad you guys are safe!

I love the profile pic, what shadow are you wearing?

laurennnxox

Glad you're okay,Lauren and I hope your mom fares well. :)

Thank you! She's got back-up phone batteries and cell service is still up so I am keeping in touch with her.

Lauren - you look really BEAUTIFUL in your new pic! :wow: Hope you & your mom stay safe.
Awww, thank you!! :eek: and we will do our best! <3

Glad you're ok!! Stay safe!

A friend of mine who's sometimes on here had to evacuate. She and her fur babies are safe now, but still.

Thanks! I will! Our power is still kickin', but flickering.

Gosh, I can't imagine. We have three cats and I can't imagine being in a shelter or having to book it to a friend's or family member's place. I'm thankful we're far enough west.

laurennnxox

Oh good, I'm glad you guys are safe!

I love the profile pic, what shadow are you wearing?

Thank you! Oh gosh, you're making me think back! lol I think the pink hues in the outer V are from the TF Sweet Peach palette, and the shimmery lid color is Colourpop Amaze with Kat Von D Thunderstruck eyeshadow patted on top! :) One of my favorite combos.

Latest posts