MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

cocotears

I actually think it was better, well for me anyway. This time we had the pre-sale for Devoted and Obsessed and I found the store to be less of a craze than with RiRi. I think it may be that the fans are different.

Since I haven't been buying makeup - I didn't fall into either of those categories so I couldn't do pre-sale. With Rihanna I was able to get everything online so no trips to the store/long lines. With Selena - I struck out every time on line.

lumaday

Is it a standalone or one in Macy's or something? If it's the latter, call through the store and ask to be transferred to the counter. I remember it felt like forever waiting for a phone order to go through once with Nordstrom because I was anxious and a little wary. I got an email with the receipt a few hours after though. It wasn't a day later. Hmmm.

Based on the google pics it looks like it's a MAC store in the mall. I'm anxious now, I really just want to get my hands on CLF and DOY and I was so excited yesterday morning that they had them. I didn't even try to call any others or go to the mall after work because I thought I was all set.

lumaday

That's awful, I'm sure that's all on eBay right now. There's people on IG straight up posting about how much money they are making flipping the Selena stuff.

I think I'm just gonna give up if my phone sale didn't go through. DOY looks similar to Diva based on pics I've seen and I would love to have CLF but I don't wear red a lot anyway - I just think the color looks beautiful and it would be a special occasion lipstick. I'm just kicking myself for not ordering during presale when I had the chance. Guess it wasn't meant for me. At least I got AP which is lovely!

Scorpio69

I'm getting worried about my phone sale with MAC in King of Prussia. They told me yesterday around 5 PM that they would process my order in a few minutes. Nothing has been charged to my card. They also said they'd call me with tracking and I haven't heard anything. I tried to call today and their phone goes straight to voicemail. I gave them my debit card number because it's the only card I had with me yesterday so now I'm worried about it falling into the wrong hands. I'll probably have it canceled and get a new one in a few days just in case.

If my order with them falls through I hope MAC at least does a re-stock. Everything around here is sold out now. Anyone know of any stores still accepting phone orders by chance?

the kop mac called me last evening to confirm and I saw a charge as well. She said they will be processing more orders today
but here is another number which is doing phone orders, they also have a lot of stock (they don't have the brush or mascara though). It's the macys in Pittsburg ,
412-366-1400. It's free ship . I spoke to Jenna who was very friendly and has no clue why this collection is so popular!
i gies selena is not very popular in PA !

BrittLuvsMakeup

I just received my order in the mail from Nordstrom (the delivery was delayed due to Hurricane Matthew) and they sent me the wrong eyeshadow shade! I ordered "Is It The Beat" but I received "No Me Queda Mas" instead. While I'm grateful to have any item from this collection as a fan and will find a use for it (either as a transition shade or a lid shade), I still would have preferred the item that I purchased and am disappointed that I most likely don't have the opportunity to get it again without some hassle. I called them and they told me that the collection is completely sold out in stores and online (which I already figured anyways) so my only solution is to return it. I really have no desire to return it (plus, I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of doing so anyways) but I'm still upset to not receive the item I purchased.

Kaidan

Story time!

I went to the mall yesterday at 8:00 am, but instead of going straight to the MAC store and wait for it to open at 9:00 am, I went to the food court at the third floor (west side of the mall) to do unfinished homework. Once the homework was done at it was a minute before 9:00 am, I went on my way to the MAC store that's on the first floor (far middle east side of the mall). As I reached halfway through the second floor, I saw a trio of women giddy, liveblogging, and extremely happy with their MAC bags talking about their fav girl Selena. I was like: "oh shit, better speedwalk to the store or else everything is sold out." As I speedwalked through a crowd of senior citizens doing their "mall walks" (some early exercise program that the mall has), another trio of women taking selfie with their MAC bags, and took another escalator to reach the first floor, I finally made it to the first floor. I looked from afar at the MAC counter at Macy's and saw that they most likely didn't had the collection available, so I left in what felt like a nanosecond. As I walked close to the store, I see a giant display of the promo image of the collection in the middle of the hallway along with a few makeup foldout chairs. This was going to be big!

When I got to the MAC store, I noticed that there were three security guards surrounding the place, another trio of women with their bags all happy, an SA, and one person in line. I've done a waiting line for a makeup event except for common things like a bank, grocery store, and college registration (along with its issues), so the concept was new to me. The SA quickly noticed me and asked me if I came for the Selena collection, and I said yes, so she gave me a purple color ticket and a paper like the one squirtlesquad got that serves like a mini checkout list of what you want. The tickets were color coded by three: purple for early bids, yellow for afternoon, and green for afternoon/night. Once the tickets ran out it meant that the collection sold out. I checked what I wanted, and looked at my watch; it wasn't even 9:05 am! For the list you had a maximum amount of three quantities for each item (ex: 3 of Como la Flor), but the SAs would side eye real hard if one person wanted three of everything because they are all aware of the online resellers. No side eye for family or friends, but it became noticeable that some women were coming to the store in groups of three (mom and two daughters, three sisters, three friends, three cousins, etc.) The SAs (at least the ones from PR) don't hesitate to shut down upcoming collection info, and are very secretive with info unless it's for something that will become permanent. Just when I finished checking the SA let me in and I got greeted by another SA who was standing next to the collection. He asked for the ticket and list, and if I wanted to see swatches. He was going to swatches on his hand only, and no customer was allowed to touch the testers. It sounds gross, but there are cases of people stealing testers, and that's why the SAs were very strict about it. I was bit unimpressed with the Fotos y Recuerdos es swatch, but was surprised at the Selena es. He swatched the powder products and Amor Prohibido, and once I told him what I wanted, he sent me to the checkout line.

I bought one of each: Amor Prohibido lipstick (great neutral!) and the eye shadows in Missing My Baby (mucho love!!!), No Me Queda Más (my fav song from Selena), and Selena es. Techno Cumbia is too dark for me and I rarely buy LE MAC brushes. Como la Flor is pretty but I have to much reds, so it got skipped. As I checked out at the register, another SA and I were talking about the online release and how messy it was. She was really bummed out about the gloss being an online exclusive. The majority of the SAs had either Dreaming of You or Amory Prohibido on their lips and a neutral eye look. After that I shamelessly took a selfie with the Selena display and left for college. I look at my watch and it 9:20am. If the collection didn't sold out yesterday, it might today because the mall is extremely packed on Friday and Saturday. My order of Dreaming of You lipstick arrived yesterday and my haul was complete (I gave up on the BBBB gloss restock, lol). I'm really happy with what I bought and will use the stuff during Fall and Winter. I just wish MAC would have more stock online for the people who missed out because it's a great capsule collection.

montREALady

Since I haven't been buying makeup - I didn't fall into either of those categories so I couldn't do pre-sale. With Rihanna I was able to get everything online so no trips to the store/long lines. With Selena - I struck out every time on line.
Girl I literally made it to Devoted a week or 2 before the collection dropped. I wasn't buying a lot of MAC either. Me too re Rihanna for the first two. For the Christmas 2013 one I couldn't get Pleasure Bomb online (I played around at work and missed it) so I tried the store that time and it was nuts. Mainly because it looks like staff took up all the stock!

lumaday

the kop mac called me last evening to confirm and I saw a charge as well. She said they will be processing more orders today
but here is another number which is doing phone orders, they also have a lot of stock (they don't have the brush or mascara though). It's the macys in Pittsburg ,
412-366-1400. It's free ship . I spoke to Jenna who was very friendly and has no clue why this collection is so popular!
i gies selena is not very popular in PA !

Thank you, just called but they don't have any of the lipsticks left. Just TC, 1 shade of eyeshadow and the eyeliner. Really appreciate it though! Maybe KOP will get to my order today.

lumaday

I just received my order in the mail from Nordstrom (the delivery was delayed due to Hurricane Matthew) and they sent me the wrong eyeshadow shade! I ordered "Is It The Beat" but I received "No Me Queda Mas" instead. While I'm grateful to have any item from this collection as a fan and will find a use for it (either as a transition shade or a lid shade), I still would have preferred the item that I purchased and am disappointed that I most likely don't have the opportunity to get it again without some hassle. I called them and they told me that the collection is completely sold out in stores and online (which I already figured anyways) so my only solution is to return it. I really have no desire to return it (plus, I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of doing so anyways) but I'm still upset to not receive the item I purchased.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was trying to get that eyeshadow from my phone sale. Is it pretty dupeable? I have a lot of neutral shades but thought it looked pretty. Are you going to sell it?

montREALady

So funny because I would have preferred that shade to IITB and I know someone here was looking for it. It was one of the first to sell out in the stores. I know you're not selling but just saying, lol.

montREALady

That's awful, I'm sure that's all on eBay right now. There's people on IG straight up posting about how much money they are making flipping the Selena stuff.

I think I'm just gonna give up if my phone sale didn't go through. DOY looks similar to Diva based on pics I've seen and I would love to have CLF but I don't wear red a lot anyway - I just think the color looks beautiful and it would be a special occasion lipstick. I'm just kicking myself for not ordering during presale when I had the chance. Guess it wasn't meant for me. At least I got AP which is lovely!
So ballsy and freaking unbelievable...and sad! There are true fans who didn't get jack!

you look lovely and we are lip twins, I love celebrity skin and am glad it is in lipstick form now.
Thank you! It's so comfortable on the lips, right?

Corally

So ballsy and freaking unbelievable...and sad! There are true fans who didn't get jack!

People like her disgust me. I feel so sad for the people who didn't get anything because of these money hungry monsters.

Scorpio69

yes, yes, and I am a major snob re softness of lipsticks and this is really nice. I also got unicorn blood .

NATlar

That really pisses me off.... what makes me sad though is people will pay anything to get what they want because they're a fan and that's horrible for them :( Can't see why people can't just buy the things they want and leave buying other items to sell it's not fair on the ones who generally want the items to themselves!

montREALady

People like her disgust me. I feel so sad for the people who didn't get anything because of these money hungry monsters.
I know! It pisses me off every single time.

yes, yes, and I am a major snob re softness of lipsticks and this is really nice. I also got unicorn blood .
I almost got UB but held off since I had just ordered DOY from this collection. Enough reds for now.

fur4elise

Last edited:

Latest posts