MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

verorl

Amor Prohibido is by far my favourite happy I have a BU on it's way can see me using it a lot!

Como La Flor applied like a dream picture does it no justice it's absolutely beautiful!!

Dreaming Of You applied like a dream also especially for a matte... I do have a BU of this on the way too but now I'm thinking I should've got a BU of CLF instead of this one but I do have a lot of reds like CLF!

Bidi Bidi Bom Bom picture speaks for it... It's so pretty!

I applied these without a lipliner so they're a little messy but Boldy Bare is perfect for Amor Prohibido, Cherry for Como La Flor and Beet for Dreaming Of You!
View attachment 56838

AP looks lovely on you! It did pull more Brown on me, but I still love it!

BrittLuvsMakeup

Ahhh thank you! I was able to order the three shadows I was looking for. She was super sweet too. Just waiting on my ema confirmation!

You're welcome, I'm so happy to hear that you were able to order the three eyeshadows that you were looking for! I never received an email confirmation. Have you received one yet? They didn't inform me whether I would receive one or not but I thought they would since they asked for my email.

Thank you sooooo much!

I wasn't able to go to the stores Thursday since we were preparing for hurricane Matthew needed water more than makeup. My other packages are stuck in Jacksonville (hope I get it) but I was able to get fotos from the Mac in Aventura thanks to BrittLuvsMakeup.

You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that you got what you wanted! I too was unable to go the store because of the hurricane (they said my area would be hit hard by the storm) and I just don't have the time to go this weekend so I just went ahead and ordered over the phone. I was actually informed by local Macy's MAC (which had nothing from the Selena collection in stock) that the MAC in Aventura that they had everything in stock so I called them immediately, placed my order, and then posted here.

I can't actually swatch my own purchases.

For what it's worth, the counter ladies said Mac would restock and repromote in February. She said there was a place to sign up online to get notified about the restock and put in your pre-order but I didn't see that on Mac. But they were emphatic that Feb is when it would come back out. Not sure people won't explode before then. Sounds like Mac is quite aware that they botched this one.

I'm the same way about swatching my own purchases, lol! I'm super anal about it too. Unless I can swatch in store, the first time I use any of my makeup is when I'm applying it to my face.

I also recently heard that MAC will be restocking the collection in February of next year. I didn't see anywhere on the MAC website where you could sign up for notification of the restock though. Fortunately, I purchased everything that I wanted from the collection but I'm hoping that if there are any products I wanted to get back ups of, I can do so then.

Honi

Okay Im giving in, the nude lipstick hasnt sold out for 3 days on the .dk website so Im taking that as a sign and getting it. Another question, I need a makeup remover, is the one from mac any good?

Shars

Okay Im giving in, the nude lipstick hasnt sold out for 3 days on the .dk website so Im taking that as a sign and getting it. Another question, I need a makeup remover, is the one from mac any good?

I actually find their wipes really good.... if you're a wipes girl. They're oil based so they get the crap off and then I go in with miscellar water on a cotton pad to get off the excess before rinsing with water and cleansing with my cleanser (I'm a triple cleanse girl lol). The actual oil remover was good but it's super thick and I hate to get my hands mucky. I know some others have said they liked other MAC cleansers so maybe they will weigh in too.

Honi

I actually find their wipes really good.... if you're a wipes girl. They're oil based so they get the crap off and then I go in with miscellar water on a cotton pad to get off the excess before rinsing with water and cleansing with my cleanser (I'm a triple cleanse girl lol). The actual oil remover was good but it's super thick and I hate to get my hands mucky. I know some others have said they liked other MAC cleansers so maybe they will weigh in too.
If I'm lazy I do wipes by my computer and then I go and wash my face, I wouldnt be able to only use wipes because I'd feel like I wasnt clean enough. I'd triple cleanse aswell if my dry skin would let me, but Im sticking with dual cleansing (Usually an oil/balm and a mousse cleanser). I need something that gets really waterproof shit off though, like liquid lipsticks and eyeliner. :D Thanks luv.

Shars

If I'm lazy I do wipes by my computer and then I go and wash my face, I wouldnt be able to only use wipes because I'd feel like I wasnt clean enough. I'd triple cleanse aswell if my dry skin would let me, but Im sticking with dual cleansing (Usually an oil/balm and a mousse cleanser). I need something that gets really waterproof shit off though, like liquid lipsticks and eyeliner. :D Thanks luv.

Then the MAC wipes can work for you. I recently tried Shiseido's cleansing oil.... that works on eye makeup like a dream! And no stinging eyes!

Honi

Then the MAC wipes can work for you. I recently tried Shiseido's cleansing oil.... that works on eye makeup like a dream! And no stinging eyes!
I LOVE the Sensai silky cleansing oil and (Unexpectedly) the Camomille cleansing balm from The Body Shop. Really takes the worst of the worst guck off your face. I hate the ones that sting in your eyes, I dont know how many ive given away to friends cause they didnt work for me.

laurennnxox

You're welcome, I'm so happy to hear that you were able to order the three eyeshadows that you were looking for! I never received an email confirmation. Have you received one yet? They didn't inform me whether I would receive one or not but I thought they would since they asked for my email.

I could have sworn she said I would get an email confirmation. :| I haven't received anything yet. They definitely charged my card so it better be on it's way to me! lol.

DeAnn Smith

DOY is definitely Diva repackaged... there's no difference between them!

Aww thank you.. it's my favorite out the lot :D

Well that's great news. Do you have swatches if you don't mind especially since you are fair like me? And yes everything looks sensational on me. I was stunned DOY wasn't brick red and looked good on me. I'd love to get a dupe. Ladies, thanks for everything though my bank account hates you :):)

montREALady

DOY is definitely Diva repackaged... there's no difference between them!

Aww thank you.. it's my favorite out the lot :D

They swatched a little different on me. DOY was more red than Diva
1475692640204_wm.jpg

Just got my Macy's order with AP! Woohoo, not lost! Haven't swatched it yet but like Deanna, bubble envelope. The lipstick is fine though. Macy's King Plaza in Brooklyn still had it and CLF last night at around 7:30 and she said a decent amount. They had shadows too, not NMQM which is what I called about. I think it may have been IITB and MMB. $9.95 shipping she said.

DeAnn Smith

View attachment 56843

Just got my Macy's order with AP! Woohoo, not lost! Haven't swatched it yet but like Deanna, bubble envelope. The lipstick is fine though. Macy's King Plaza in Brooklyn still had it and CLF last night at around 7:30 and she said a decent amount. They had shadows too, not NMQM which is what I called about. I think it may have been IITB and MMB. $9.95 shipping she said.

Thanks for the swatches. I've been going back through the thread trying to find swatch comparisons, LOL. And re-reading the hell of launch. Were they sold out of DOY in Brooklyn? Thanks much

GreenEyedAllie

Clinique Take the Day Off BALM is fantastic! I constantly recommend it on here and IRL. It is especially magic for removing glitter.

verorl

I'm happy with MAC's Cleanse Off Oil. I "wash" my face with it, rinse and then wash with my foaming cleanser. It takes everything off.

And I'm just like whomever posted that I can't swatch my brand new products. I usually use them for the first time when I'm doing a look with them. I just cannot take away the pristine newness by swatching.

NaomiH

They look different on me too.
View attachment 56843

NATlar

Well that's great news. Do you have swatches if you don't mind especially since you are fair like me? And yes everything looks sensational on me. I was stunned DOY wasn't brick red and looked good on me. I'd love to get a dupe. Ladies, thanks for everything though my bank account hates you :):)

Posted one above :)

View attachment 56843

They do on you, on me they look basically the same haha posted a picture above.

montREALady

Did some comparisons with AP. Glaze appears to be similar to Cremesheen but a touch more shiny and a touch less opaque.

1475956883374_wm.jpg

Selena lippies
1475955154971_wm.jpg

I already put swatches here of DOY and BBBB by themselves so
macselenaap.jpg

macselenaclf.jpg

Latest posts