MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

elegant-one

I wish Nordies would STOP using USPS! My lone lipstick Amor was sent Thursday. I'm an hour 15 minutes away from them & when they ship UPS I get my orders the next day. But they sent it USPS & because they tape it to a snails back & then take another day off, it won't be here until the 12th! :loser::plthumbsdown:

Corally

Man MAC has got really, really slow :/ Used to always get my order on tuesday, last time it was wednesday and now I haven't received even a shipping notification yet so if I'm 'lucky' I will still get the notification today and get my order thursday :( Shipping was always slow but this is a whole nother level.

laurennnxox

I hope you hear about/receive your package from them soon! I saw people on IG telling other people to call this location recently so I think it's a possibility they may be swamped with orders. I'm still waiting to see if I'll get any notification for the IITB eyeshadow I ordered from a Macy's in another state. It will probably just show up in the mail, lol.

I'm glad to hear that you got your delayed order! I've had a couple of packages stuck in Jacksonville, FL due to the storm, one of which arrived today and others that are now on their way to me. I only ordered one MMB but it's a beautiful shade. At first I didn't pay it much attention but now I think it's going to be my favorite in the bunch. I may buy a backup during the relaunch.

I'm glad your stuff is arriving from Jacksonville safely! My nordstrom order was perfectly intact along with my KVD Metal/Matte palette! Phew!

Also overnight I got an email from my choice saying that my MAC Aventure package will be delivered today! Awesome!!

Thanks again for the heads up on this one. :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Man MAC has got really, really slow :/ Used to always get my order on tuesday, last time it was wednesday and now I haven't received even a shipping notification yet so if I'm 'lucky' I will still get the notification today and get my order thursday :( Shipping was always slow but this is a whole nother level.

Hope you get it soon!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I received my AP today, I love it! :heart: I was worried I wouldn't like it on me because it looked different in pretty much every swatch. Love the Glaze finish too (the only other Glaze I have is Summer Shower... I think), it's buildable like a Lustre but seems to be more creamy.

montREALady

I hope you hear about/receive your package from them soon! I saw people on IG telling other people to call this location recently so I think it's a possibility they may be swamped with orders. I'm still waiting to see if I'll get any notification for the IITB eyeshadow I ordered from a Macy's in another state. It will probably just show up in the mail, lol.

I'm glad to hear that you got your delayed order! I've had a couple of packages stuck in Jacksonville, FL due to the storm, one of which arrived today and others that are now on their way to me. I only ordered one MMB but it's a beautiful shade. At first I didn't pay it much attention but now I think it's going to be my favorite in the bunch. I may buy a backup during the relaunch.
Oh yeah, if it was on IG, then they're swamped for sure.

I wish Nordies would STOP using USPS! My lone lipstick Amor was sent Thursday. I'm an hour 15 minutes away from them & when they ship UPS I get my orders the next day. But they sent it USPS & because they tape it to a snails back & then take another day off, it won't be here until the 12th! :loser::plthumbsdown:
I remember the first time they used USPS I contacted them right away, I was pissed!

Hope you get it soon.

Btw, checked out Macy's and it now says
The Mac Selena collection has sold out online and in store! Please take a minute to check out some similar Mac products we do have available. We think you'll love them too!

elegant-one

Oh yeah, if it was on IG, then they're swamped for sure.

I remember the first time they used USPS I contacted them right away, I was pissed!

Hope you get it soon.

Btw, checked out Macy's and it now says
The Mac Selena collection has sold out online and in store! Please take a minute to check out some similar Mac products we do have available. We think you'll love them too!

LOL! Yes, I called them then too & complained about them using USPS.

lumaday

Sooo the good news is that I have UPS tracking numbers for both my phone orders and they are on the way.

The bad news is that 1 package, which has 3 lipsticks in it, weighs 4.5 ozs and the other package, that has 3 lipsticks and 1 eyeshadow in it, weighs 2 POUNDS.

I'm pretty confused here. The one that weighs 2 pounds is the one from MAC KOP. They had called me yesterday because when they were entering my address in UPS it wasn't bringing up zip code correctly so they told me they would be calling UPS to do it over the phone. No way should 3 lipsticks and an eyeshadow weigh 2 pounds. I hope my order is accurate! Maybe they just packed it really well?

montREALady

Sooo the good news is that I have UPS tracking numbers for both my phone orders and they are on the way.

The bad news is that 1 package, which has 3 lipsticks in it, weighs 4.5 ozs and the other package, that has 3 lipsticks and 1 eyeshadow in it, weighs 2 POUNDS.

I'm pretty confused here. The one that weighs 2 pounds is the one from MAC KOP. They had called me yesterday because when they were entering my address in UPS it wasn't bringing up zip code correctly so they told me they would be calling UPS to do it over the phone. No way should 3 lipsticks and an eyeshadow weigh 2 pounds. I hope my order is accurate! Maybe they just packed it really well?

I seriously never look at the weight of my packages. I know the mailroom guys here at my job just scribble whatever in that field. Not right, but I'm just sayin', not sure it's always accurate. Oh and was it a MAC or Macy's? My Macy's stuff came in a bubble wrap envelope and MAC/Nordstrom, boxes.

lumaday

I seriously never look at the weight of my packages. I know the mailroom guys here at my job just scribble whatever in that field. Not right, but I'm just sayin', not sure it's always accurate. Oh and was it a MAC or Macy's? My Macy's stuff came in a bubble wrap envelope and MAC/Nordstrom, boxes.

Both Macy's. It will just be a waiting game to find out I guess!

dcarrington

Seriously off topic: I decided to look thru all my limited lipsticks from MAC and the ones that standout out of all of them are the Rihanna lipsticks by far in my opinion. The packaging, the smell (STILL smells great after all this time) the uniqueness (relative to the time they were released) all made you feel like they took time with that collection and they were worth stalking for. Smh I am wondering if MAC can make a collection that tops that one. Anyone else feel the same?

montREALady

Seriously off topic: I decided to look thru all my limited lipsticks from MAC and the ones that standout out of all of them are the Rihanna lipsticks by far in my opinion. The packaging, the smell (STILL smells great after all this time) the uniqueness (relative to the time they were released) all made you feel like they took time with that collection and they were worth stalking for. Smh I am wondering if MAC can make a collection that tops that one. Anyone else feel the same?

You're totally right. Still love it.

montREALady

I received my AP today, I love it! :heart: I was worried I wouldn't like it on me because it looked different in pretty much every swatch. Love the Glaze finish too (the only other Glaze I have is Summer Shower... I think), it's buildable like a Lustre but seems to be more creamy.
I love it too and like the finish.

LOL! Yes, I called them then too & complained about them using USPS.
They have to hear it when they piss us off!

Both Macy's. It will just be a waiting game to find out I guess!

Exactly and maybe your Macy's is in bubble wrap, so weighs less.

CCKK

Okay Spectra peeps Macys has the blush duo and eyeliner back on the website. I'm waiting for dreaming of you lipstick and the brown, bright pink, and Salena lipstick. Sorry can't recall the other names.

CCKK

Okay Spectra peeps Macys has the blush duo and eyeliner back on the website. I'm waiting for dreaming of you lipstick and the brown, bright pink, and Salena lipstick. Sorry can't recall the other names.

Marsha Pomells

My tiny haul has arrived, but no BBBB :(

image.jpg

Not too fussed about it, but I am tempted to pick up a couple more of the shadows and find AP from somewhere.

montREALady

Didn't someone say once that their c/s said the 12th for a restock? I vaguely remember this...

NATlar

I'm looking at "Is it the beat" eyeshadow but I'm pretty sure I have MAC Typographic anyone have those both can you compare them for me please?!!

CaroLynn

Is it wrong that I took my Como La Flor and all my other MAC faves with me when I evacuated for hurricane Matthew? They were in my bag right next to our important papers. DH thinks I'm crazy. Obviously, he doesn't understand. :rofl:

Latest posts