MAC X Taraji P. Henson Collection (Sep 6/ Sep 8, 2016)

boschicka

Thanks girl! :) It's not exactly the color I'd hoped for but I still really like it. If there will be restock here (and I catch it in time) I'll order it and if not too bad I guess.. :scratch:

And they are definitely mislabeled everywhere unfortunately. :(

When they finally do the new production run and everyone gets the items they were supposed to, I'm sure someone will end up with extra items and hopefully we can all help each other out here.

Kimboo

I got the same email Refund, keep the product, $25 off code & they will ship the other one in 2-4 months.

NaomiH

Thanks for the heads up about the brush. I was worried that it would do that. Bummer. I think I will use the $25 toward a brush of some sort.

Good idea! I wish they'd redo the neck on them and make them sturdier because it applies foundation beautifully.

leonah

Good idea! I wish they'd redo the neck on them and make them sturdier because it applies foundation beautifully.

oh man I was reccently about to buy both oval 6 and 3 brushes but now I'm not sure.. I've never seen any review or heard of them breaking before so that sucks

Tarabotti

Will there be a restock for those who missed the collection entirely or is MAC just going to replace the orders that were wrong?

MacNcheese

Ugh, I had a mini meltdown just reading about the MSFs mix-up. I just moved across country and had my package shipped to a friend's house here, and I couldn't remember what I ordered in my adrenaline fueled excitement. Luckily, I ordered both! Whew, I should get my package today.

Mizani

I think that is probably what it is. Just like how they were offering 20% off for the first time in probably ever and now being part of Ebates. Let's hope for their sake that it's not too little, too late.

It is probably one of these situations where sales are down BUT they are still making enough money. Like a lot of greedy companies today, they just aren't making as MUCH as they've wanted.

And can't believe there was another label mix up. Ohhhh MAC! *smh*

Shars

It is probably one of these situations where sales are down BUT they are still making enough money. Like a lot of greedy companies today, they just aren't making as MUCH as they've wanted.

And can't believe there was another label mix up. Ohhhh MAC! *smh*

So true!! That's a product of complacency and thinking your market influence will last forever so you don't need to offer incentives to customers to retain their loyalty.

Mizani

So true!! That's a product of complacency and thinking your market influence will last forever so you don't need to offer incentives to customers to retain their loyalty.

Oh yes, MAC has/had gotten full of themselves for years. But their shenanigans over time finally turned off enough people I bet. That also caused more MAC loyalists to start venturing out into other brands.

DILLIGAF

I think I've purchased from MAC a grand total of 3 times since I've moved from South Florida. There are so many brands doing what only what MAC could accomplish in the past. Toward the end I was buying my MAC purchase from Nordstrom because I realized that I could parley that into a Nordstrom Note at least.

Shars

I think I've purchased from MAC a grand total of 3 times since I've moved from South Florida. There are so many brands doing what only what MAC could accomplish in the past. Toward the end I was buying my MAC purchase from Nordstrom because I realized that I could parley that into a Nordstrom Note at least.

They still have some good staples but for excitement, I look elsewhere. If they were to do a F&F sale this year.... that would be tempting though. I've got some basics to stock up on haha.

cocofiere

BIG NEWS!

I just got an email from MAC for a $25 off code because of the big mix up in labelling!!! Did anyone else get it yet?!? OMG...how awesome!

eta: Just saw lots have posted on this already!!! :D

Ooh Ooh. So glad I checked out this thread. Ran to my email and found the credit. Yay! I was just on the site looking at products I want but haven't gotten around to getting yet. I think I may just use it for that. I don't know if I can wait for Selena. Plus, it expires at the end of October. I'll probably forget about it and miss out. So happy.

I'm SO glad I came on here today. I was way behind on checking emails and hadn't seen it yet. I was in the middle of filling my cart and came on here for swatches from another collection. Now, I can take that extra $25 off the order I'm making right now. Thanks y'all!

Marsha Pomells

I'm finally getting my grubby hands on 'Taraji Glow' (I know its HTT). One of my mum's mates bought it, and was not happy that is was HTT. I'm stoked.

boschicka

In addition to the MAC email, I just received an email from Macy's about a refund and a $25 gift card due to the mislabeled product.

dcarrington

I official got "the email" today for buying the Taraji collection off od Macy's website!
I thought the refund was only credited to you if you prurchased off of the Mac website. I am so happy they Extensed it to other sites as well!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for recent macys.com purchase for the MAC Taraji collection.

It has come to our attention that MAC inadvertently switched the labels on the Taraji Glow and Highlight the Truth products and you may have received a different shade than the one you intended to order. We are extremely sorry you experienced this mix up and want to make it right.

We will be issuing you credit for the items you purchased, and we hope that you will use the product you have received with our compliments. We are also sending a $25 gift card to the shipping address on your order.

We apologize again for the disappointment and frustration this may have caused you.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-289-6229. We're here 24 hours a day - 7 days a week.

Sincerely,

macys.com

Latest posts