MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

Thia Winter

The Aloha stack is easier to work with than the Glitter and Ice pigments. Love it.

And I just bought Butterfly Dream plushglass. It is soooooo pretty. The shimmer is just gorgeous.

That's how I feel about my Butterfly Party stack. Not that I can't work with the Glitter and Ice ones too, but they take more time and care to get right.

Thia Winter

I went back yesterday for the event and ended up picking up Petrol Blue and Designer Purple pearlglides. From zero to 4 in two days LOL. I definitely want to get black swan and possibly black line and Lord it up too. I love UD 24/7 liners but I do believe these have edged out my 24/7's for my faves now!

Knope2012

I'm with you, Pearlglides work much better for me than 24/7 liners. I get fading and smudging with those, but these don't budge until I remove them at the end of the night. Now they just need to add more colors to the permanent line.
I went back yesterday for the event and ended up picking up Petrol Blue and Designer Purple pearlglides. From zero to 4 in two days LOL. I definitely want to get black swan and possibly black line and Lord it up too. I love UD 24/7 liners but I do believe these have edged out my 24/7's for my faves now!

martiangurll

I went to see this collection IRL and ended up with Butterfly Party CMP, Designer Purple pearlglide and Confetti Plushglass. I also ordered the pearl matte powders earlier to avoid them selling out on me, thanks to thread induced paranoia.

Zoiks I wasn't even interested in the pigment stacks but they are the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. They are like MES but a thousand times better, and in loose form. I don't care if they take a little work, this stack was so worth it. I even like the grossy green grey color. It reminds me of Pastoral Pigment (a long time fave) but on crack!

LivestrongH2

I agree!! I never tried pearlglides before and I'm blown away. The UD 24/7 liners are garbage compared to these IMO. I just put all my 24/7 liners on makeupalley. I'll never reach for them again.

Knope2012

The 24/7s really just aren't as good. They just don't last on me like the Pearlglides. My favorite is still Undercurrent, though Petrol Blue and Lord it Up are really beautiful. I just ordered industrial, and I can't wait to see what kind of eye look I can come up with to match. How has everyone been wearing Industrial?

XxMoOmOoxX

So far, I'm loving Flower Fantasy! I was afraid that it might be too frosty, but it's actually not. It gives a high sheen finish, which is not at all overwhelming.
pretty.gif

duckrodeo

The 24/7s really just aren't as good. They just don't last on me like the Pearlglides. My favorite is still Undercurrent, though Petrol Blue and Lord it Up are really beautiful. I just ordered industrial, and I can't wait to see what kind of eye look I can come up with to match. How has everyone been wearing Industrial?

I've only purchased Undercurrent and Industrial so far, but I haven't used either of them, except to swatch on my hand. They both glide on like butter! I'm still kinda stumped how to use Industrial myself...maybe with light sandy neutral colors and Industrial as a slight pop of color on the upper lash-line with brown or taupe eyeliner to define the eye area... It really is a gorgeous shade!

MAChostage

Don't rush to judgement, I would still try the 24/7 liners, if you haven't. My experience with the Pearlglides is the exact opposite, they tend to migrate on me. Yes, there are some beautiful colors, but I would never use them on the waterline. Nothing stays put on me personally like UD's liners.

This is good to know...money saved!

Richelle83

Well I haven't tried the pearlglides yet(package comes tomorrow) but I do have the 24/7 liners and they are good but they migrate and smudge. So for me money saved!

Knope2012

I've only purchased Undercurrent and Industrial so far, but I haven't used either of them, except to swatch on my hand. They both glide on like butter! I'm still kinda stumped how to use Industrial myself...maybe with light sandy neutral colors and Industrial as a slight pop of color on the upper lash-line with brown or taupe eyeliner to define the eye area... It really is a gorgeous shade!

Thanks! I like the idea of using it with neutrals. It's such a unique color that I'm having a hard time coming up with combinations for it. I may try it with Seedy Pearl or Electra too, just to see what works. I'm only now breaking out of the neutrals with bright lip box that I've been it, so any suggestions are helpful!

missah

I went to see this collection IRL and ended up with Butterfly Party CMP, Designer Purple pearlglide and Confetti Plushglass. I also ordered the pearl matte powders earlier to avoid them selling out on me, thanks to thread induced paranoia.

Zoiks I wasn't even interested in the pigment stacks but they are the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. They are like MES but a thousand times better, and in loose form. I don't care if they take a little work, this stack was so worth it. I even like the grossy green grey color. It reminds me of Pastoral Pigment (a long time fave) but on crack!
I just got Pastoral and i LOVE it. It suits a lot of my softer green looks.
I guess theres another reason for me to look forward to everything even more^^

MrsB

Is innocence beware from Vera? Nooooo, I was so looking forward to getting it from the shop/cook launch! :(

ahoythere

It looks amazing with sandy taupes, just like you said!!!! I like to use it as my pop of color on the lower lashline when I do a whole taupe scheme on the upper lids and crease. Also looks great on the upper lashline as well, especially over another black liner so it keeps its depth but you can see the duochrome. GORGEOUS!