MAC - Zoom Water Fast Lash - discussion

crzy4greys

I just purchased this mascara and was previously using MAC False Lashes Extreme Black. I like False Lashes but am a sucker for trying something new. I don't generally like waterproof mascara, but decided to give this one a try after asking the SA at MAC if the waterproof mascara would eliminate the mascara smudging off under my lower lashes half way through the day and she said yes. Today is the second day I've worn it and did notice (compared to False Lashes) that I had to use a mascara comb after applying the mascara to the lashes, which is no big deal just something new for me to do. It has not yet smudged under my eye (at least the past two days it hasn't). The only downfall and I know it's because it's waterproof, you really need to have makeup remover to remove the mascara. Again, no big deal as I currently use makeup remover anyway. So far I'm liking this mascara and if it continues to remain 'smudge free', it just might be my new mascara!

martiangurll

I just purchased this mascara and was previously using MAC False Lashes Extreme Black. I like False Lashes but am a sucker for trying something new. I don't generally like waterproof mascara, but decided to give this one a try after asking the SA at MAC if the waterproof mascara would eliminate the mascara smudging off under my lower lashes half way through the day and she said yes. Today is the second day I've worn it and did notice (compared to False Lashes) that I had to use a mascara comb after applying the mascara to the lashes, which is no big deal just something new for me to do. It has not yet smudged under my eye (at least the past two days it hasn't). The only downfall and I know it's because it's waterproof, you really need to have makeup remover to remove the mascara. Again, no big deal as I currently use makeup remover anyway. So far I'm liking this mascara and if it continues to remain 'smudge free', it just might be my new mascara!
So are you happy with both volume and length on this one? It has to beat out my Maybelline PRO XXL to justify paying more than drug store prices...

crzy4greys

Response to 'martiangurll': So far I am happy with the volume and length, but everyone is different. The only reason why I decided to try this MAC mascara is because I can return it within 30 days in the original packaging with receipt if I don't like it. What was more important to me was the smudging under the eye half way through the day. IMO, you can't go wrong trying this mascara with the return policy MAC has. Use it for a week and if you don't like it, return it for a full refund and continue to use what you do like. Hope this helps!

makeupgrrl

I have been using it for a few weeks and I like it. I am also not a huge fan of waterproof mascara, but I figured I would give it a try since the summer is coming up (everyone wants to be cute when they go to the beach...LOL). I have found that it is more lengthening than volumizing on me, but I like it. I use MAC's oil cleanser and it completely takes it off, so no extra step of an additional makeup remover. I agree that you should try it out, and if you hate it you can always return it :)

So are you happy with both volume and length on this one? It has to beat out my Maybelline PRO XXL to justify paying more than drug store prices...

xasperadastra

I won't buy this because I don't like waterproof mascaras (it takes to much to remove them and they stress my eyes) but I have a sample of Zoom lash and I really like it, it's the perfect applicator for me!! Call me mad but I really prefer zoom lash to Benefit they are real..

martiangurll

I won't buy this because I don't like waterproof mascaras (it takes to much to remove them and they stress my eyes) but I have a sample of Zoom lash and I really like it, it's the perfect applicator for me!! Call me mad but I really prefer zoom lash to Benefit they are real..

I usually hate WP formula, but it sounds like MAC got it right. It is definitely hard to find a good WP formula that lengthens and thinkens. And if they have it in brown, I am a happy girl.