• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

MacGyver time! Magnetizing a compact

ButterflyKeeper

I depotted a Lancome quad (the pans were tiny!) and magnetized the pans to store in my bigger case.

croppp.jpg

Mai kollekshun - it groes~! Look at the cool pattern on the steel pencil case!
greengrin.gif
$5 from the stationary store. Saves cash instead of splurging on a UNII palette that costs US$29. It's not as nifty, but it does the job well.

Photo_00017.jpg

And then, I took out the plastic bits that were unnecessary from the compact. In the process, I tore it to bits by accident. LOOK INTO MY EYE.

Photo_00018.jpg

Then, I took some of the magnet sheets from the fridge and stuck it to the bottom of the quad. The sellotape is just to hold the sheets down while the glue dries; I'll take it off after that.

Photo_00016.jpg

And this allows me to carry whatever I want from my depotted collection!
greengrin.gif
You don't need everything from your collection; if you did, take the case with you, but this one is good for taking colours you need for touch ups.

I've tried looking for a MAC quad (and possibly hacking that too...) but the MAC store here in Christchurch DOES NOT CARRY PALETTES! But no big deal, I guess. Improvising is always fun, and I saved money this way, too.

I know it looks really rough, but I'm so into hacking items and MacGyvering around the house.
greengrin.gif
(I'm the one in the house who installs screws in the wall with nothing but a screwdriver if I need to hang something up...)

littlepickle

Hooray for kiwi ingenuity!
smiles.gif
Very clever!

Ps. Let me know if you need a CP from the MAC stores in Auckland - I'm in Hamilton but go up there fairly frequently
winks.gif

ButterflyKeeper

LOL!
greengrin.gif
Thanks! I'm Malaysian, but I suppose being in NZ for 6 years kinda does make me part Kiwi. That and dating a Kiwi. :p

Thanks! And hey, you're the lady on TM who sells pressed pigments! Cool!
greengrin.gif

Latest posts