MacGyver would be proud - Depotting & storing eyeshadows

ButterflyKeeper

Right. I don't usually depot my eyeshadows. However, there are a few small miscellaneous bits of eyeshadows that are cluttering my make-up box. So I decided to scout around the house for what I can use in an impromptu depotting & storing session.

I found lots of those magnetic sheets on the fridge; firewood company and plumbing companies often leave loads of them for us on every visit. So I decided to use those.

Also, I used a small cardboard box.

I used super glue to glue the sheets to the box and to glue small strips on the bottom of my eyeshadow pans, but double sided tape will work too. I'm a superglue kinda girl because I'm quite the regular MacGyver around the house (which is also why I can't have long nails...
tong.gif
)

141236819_full.jpg

141236830_full.jpg

Sorry if this post seems sloppy; I'm still trying to figure out how to add photos and so on. if the photos don't appear.... well, I'll try again later.
th_dunno.gif

Right; after many headaches, I managed to get photos on.

The box can be closed and stored (like you would a shoe box..)

ButterflyKeeper

Also, if you have a steel pencil case, you can use those to store the magnetized eyeshadow pans. Good luck! If you have tried this, please share your photos~!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyKeeper
And thank you for moving this to the correct folder; I looked around for a while and didn't know where to post it. :p

it's ok!
smiles.gif

spunky

is the magnetic sheet one of those free calender type things you get? i've been looking for a way of magnetizing my loose palette for AGES and i never thought of that!

great idea
greengrin.gif

ButterflyKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
is the magnetic sheet one of those free calender type things you get? i've been looking for a way of magnetizing my loose palette for AGES and i never thought of that!

great idea
greengrin.gif

yep, that's the one! instead of cluttering the fridge, use it to magnetize your eyeshadow pans!
greengrin.gif

ButterflyKeeper

Right; I got rid of the paper box but salvaged the magnet sheets. I bought a $5 steel pencil case, and it's better because the magnets stick to it very well. Worth a go, and it saves from buying those expensive magnetized palettes.
greengrin.gif

Photo_00015.jpg

martiangurll

These are great ideas. Those tins that come with cookies and candies (like Altoids) would work too for smallish depots...

nice McGuyevering

ButterflyKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
These are great ideas. Those tins that come with cookies and candies (like Altoids) would work too for smallish depots...

nice McGuyevering

I depotted my MAC eyeshadows (I only have 4) and magnetized them; I store them in a small square tin that's smaller than a MAC Quad compact.
greengrin.gif

Have no fear, MacGyver Girl is here! Household hacks FTW!
th_DANCE.gif

kaliraksha

Ohh nice job! I like the idea of being able to mix and match any size and easily pull one out... once I find the perfect cute cheap metal pencil case I'm going to give this a shot with my most used shadows and blushes.

ButterflyKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Ohh nice job! I like the idea of being able to mix and match any size and easily pull one out... once I find the perfect cute cheap metal pencil case I'm going to give this a shot with my most used shadows and blushes.

A small tin box (old candy tin, even) would work, too.
greengrin.gif

cwnash71

Ive been re organizing my vanity for my newly acquired makeup addiction, LOL. Ran across the zpalette so I've been slowly depotting my makeup to make room for...MORE makeup! Anyway-some of the pots are very small-too small for the magnets from zpalette(round and square) & Theybare difficult to cut. i also didn't want to repot them n larger containers-soo I remembered painting a "magnetic" square on my daughters wall for notes, etc.. Gonna use that to paint on the pots and to paint on the bottom of the empty palettes I want to keep(ltd edition diors, chanel, etc) Anyone tried this? I'm also in the process of building wooden dividers for my vanity drawers-using balsa and basswood from Hobby Lobby. We will see how that goes.

Latest posts