MAC's own Online forums & blogs

ShugAvery2001

I just received an online poll from MAC Pro asking which online blogs I frequent and how often. Specktra and Tempta*** was listed and I also listed Scandalous beauty under "other"

They were asking all of these questions about what I'd like to see on a MAC forum including online chats with artist etc.

Anyone have any 411 on this?

Am I late or what?

TISH1124

I think the email just came out today...at least I just got it this morning

I listed Specktra, Temptalia & MUA ...I visit those more than anything

Janice

It would be interesting to see how a corporate entity would handle unfiltered content.

user79

Honestly, I think such a forum would be highly censored or I'd be suspicious of it - can't imagine MAC rant threads being allowed on a corporate forum or threads about bad CS or the like. But maybe they will surprise us.

Chikky

The bad thing about forums from big companies are that they often are totally... lawless, hehe. People are spamming, there's tons of 'netspeak' (which I loathe) and you feel like you're talking to a 6 year old or something (see forums for House, The Mentalist, etc).

Plus, I wouldn't I'd trust one like that as much as like what we had here.

ShugAvery2001

It'll be interesting to see how this develops. I'm sure MAC's taken notice to how internet promotion has helped their sales i'm sure. I know illamasqua has a blog... and i'm guessing it's just a matter of time before these companies open up forums to give people the opportunity to chat and communicate with their "artist"

panda0410

I'm not necessarily opposed to it. I'd agree that I'd like to see how they manage the unfiltered content, but I think at some point this was always going to be a consideration for marketing. Other business corporations have already done it, LUSH for example has their own forum and blog, Illasmaqua has a blog, and I think that MAC, and EL as the umbrella would be stupid not to consider this an option for them as well.

gildedangel

I think that opening a blog would be a smart business move on MAC's part, they have been a bit behind in the world of internet promotion. Saying that, I probably wouldn't use it on a daily basis like I do Specktra; I just trust this site more than one by a company.

rbella

I don't think I'd visit a Corporate run forum at all. It would lack an important element of being comfortable in voicing your honest opinion regarding their products.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I don't think I'd visit a Corporate run forum at all. It would lack an important element of being comfortable in voicing your honest opinion regarding their products.

I agree with this. I would stick to Specktra to discuss MAC, haha. IT's def more comfortable

anita22

Quote:

On the flipside though, maybe they'd have more resources to monitor their own forum? I assume one reason for starting these kinds of forums is so they can gather information from consumers (as with the Vogue Australia forums, where they sometimes post open questions for people to answer).

Would be nice, the next time I post about how I'd love for Stereorose MSF to be re-released, that someone actually listened!
greengrin.gif

Edit: OK maybe I'm biased, seeing as I work in marketing and all.. LOL.

purrtykitty

Quote:

I agree...I feel like it would be people verbally "pleasuring", to put it tactfully, MAC. It would be difficult to voice a true opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
On the flipside though, maybe they'd have more resources to monitor their own forum? I assume one reason for starting these kinds of forums is so they can gather information from consumers (as with the Vogue Australia forums, where they sometimes post open questions for people to answer).

Would be nice, the next time I post about how I'd love for Stereorose MSF to be re-released, that someone actually listened!
greengrin.gif

Edit: OK maybe I'm biased, seeing as I work in marketing and all.. LOL.

I think the ability to request the re-release of a specific product or even the release of a wished product in an open forum that the company is sure to see is appealing, though. Perhaps the company would really listen.

LMD84

hhhmmm i think i'd visit a mac forum and maybe even become a member... however as others have said - it would be more for me to say what products i would like to be re-promoted and maybe to get some gossip early! (if they release stuff like that.

but at heart i'll always be a specktra girl! i rarely use temptalia because i don't like the constant give aways and infomation that's often taken from others. and i only use mua for the product reviews rather than the forum bit.