MAC's Paint Strokes

labelslut

Has anyone bought them yet? Any rants or raves? There is only one review on MUA which is for Magrittes.

shygirl

I bought Architecture & Deep Shadow. I'm waiting for my package to arrive some time this afternoon.

labelslut

Please let me know how you're liking them
greengrin.gif
Thanks!

litlaur

Yeah, I've been waiting to hear reviews/comments, too. I'd especially love to see swatches *winkwinknudgenudge*

mac_obsession

I ordered all of em except the ones I already had (stilife-maggrittes) I should get my package today as well. I will post pics as soon as I can.

glittergoddess27

Loving my Baselight,...but I had already seen Magrittes and have Stilife,... the others weren't so much my colors,...but I really love all the paints,..

Onederland

i tried them at the store today, i didnt like many, for me they were so-so colors. Nothing like what i had expected.

But since they're mainly neutral, i think they'd make fabulous bases.

shygirl

Architecture & Deep Shadow

I bought Architecture with the main purpose of having a paint that matched my skin tone. It works as such, so I'm pleased. The only gripe I would have is that this paint is slightly gritty.

Deep Shadow is a pretty color. I plan to use this with my plum-colored eyeshadows.

I also bought Mad Cap LG and it's also a pretty color.

Here are the pics as promised:

These two are swatches on my finger:
architecture4ua.jpg

deepshadow2zz.jpg

On my eyes:
archvsbareshygirl4lf.jpg

architectureshygirl3xb.jpg

deepshadowshygirl6bq.jpg

archvsdpshadowshygirl7ih.jpg

Below is Mad Cap:
madcapshygirl3pg.jpg

labelslut

Shygirl-thanks for those pics! They look great on you!! I'll have to make a pit stop at MAC Pro on the weekend I think and check out NE quads also while I'm there! Thanks again
smiles.gif

FLASH BETTY

I Bought Deep Shadow And Base Light. But I Thought All Of The Colors Were Beautiful. I Wore The Base Light Under Some Gold Piggie Today, It Is Amazing. It Really Makes The Gold Pop. I'm Going To Try Deep Shadow Tommorow. I Think Golds Would Look Amazing Over This Also.

sigwing

I just got my 6 today & they're so great! Sublime Nature is beautiful, kind of a light mauvy-nude shade. I wish I could give you a pic, but somebody surely will!

They're all just excellent. I'm not even upset anymore about the end of Portrature and the other...Naturalism was it? I have a tube of each, but won't worry about hoarding any now.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
I'm not even upset anymore about the end of Portrature and the other...Naturalism was it? I have a tube of each, but won't worry about hoarding any now.

I am! Only about N'lism but the new dark brown one might be similar enough to help me cope with the pain. Going green with envy at hearing everyone's paint purchase stories! It'll be a while before I can get some, thanks to NE.

sigwing

Pixie, the new dk. brown is way different from Naturalism. You might see a similarity with the Architecture, tho....I think that's the one. Another warm brownish shade. Not as dark tho. Now you have me thinking I need to hoard another tube of Naturalism! But if you liked it, you'll like a few of the new colors, too, I think! I'm a fan of nude/brown colors because I have brown eyes.

mspixieears

Hey sigwing!

Thanks for your lovely attempt to console me! Yes, I do agree; I think I'll like many of the new paints because they are warm-toned. I had a lot of trouble with the other so-called flesh-toned paints. But the new ones were definitely marked in my mind's wishlist! I'm so glad they actually decided to extend the range of colours.