MAC's Select Cover Up Question.

jenniferm1972

Sometimes I've used concealer after foundation, and sometimes before. I think it covers more if you apply it after, but it tends to look more cake-y too. That's just been my experience though.
I've used almost all the mac concealers. The select concealer is the most sheer of all of them. I've used it on it's own too, when I wanted to cover up undereye circles, but not wear full face make up

shabdebaz

A lot of makeup artists actually use the Select Cover as a foundation. You can thin it down using moisturizer, Strobe cream, Fix+ or whatever, if you need to.

caffn8me

The rule is there are no rules. I often wear it by itself without any foundation but you can apply it pre or post foundation, whichever you find works best for you. I like it as a product and use it every day. A small tube lasts for ages.

KJam

I usually wear it under my foundation because it is more matte than the foundation that I wear

ch33tah

i use the select cover up on any spots and under my eyes on bare moisturized skin. then i apply any foundation or powder. the select cover up is the first thing i apply.

Eilinoir

My general rule of thumb is:
If the foundation is cream- or liquid-based, concealer goes on top;
if the foundation is powder-based, concealer goes usually goes underneath (though it may also be used on top if done carefully).

Luxurious

i use this concealer. i moisturize my face a bit and use this under eyes and on my face(spots, whatever). Actually i dont use it only as a concealer more as a foundation, but not on my whole face. just parts which need a bit coverage. i blend it, of course and then i use powder. that's it
smiles.gif

sel00187

i use this concealer and i apply it after i have applied eye make-up such as eyeliner, shadow and mascara. i find that if i apply it before, it just gets rubbed off and then i have to do it again which means it looks cakey. i find that it does get a little cakey and doesnt give the exact ammount of coverage i need, it gives less. i find i still have to apply some more to hide my dark cirlces. i apply select cover up and then apply studio fix powder.

Latest posts