Macys counter question

Jennybella

ok Ive got a few years of retail experience and Ive got an ok collection but I dont have a portfolio or anything.. do you think I should even think of applying or just wait? Im really nervous because Im not the prettiest or skinniest girl in the world and dont wanna immediately get turned down before I can even get an application in and Ive got the no portfolio thing working against me as well
ssad.gif

Jennybella

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbly_brunette
girly, you dont have to be the prettiest or skinniest girl in the world to get a job at MAC!

I know Im just worried because it IS a job dealing with looks and appearance yanno?

sadieboo

PERSONAL beauty has nothing to do with what a scale says, and absolutely nothing to do with what current popular standards might be. If you love makeup and MAC, then apply! Check some other threads on this board, because you may not get the job right away (it's a coveted job), and there are lots of tips here about how to stay in the application process. I can't offer personal tips about MAC because I work at another counter, but there are many posters here than can help you.

Good luck and keep us posted!

giz2000

I agree..don't be afraid of applying to MAC because you think you aren't "pretty or thin" enough...they could care less...trust me!!

sharyn

While I dont think that you need to be skinny/pretty/perfect to apply to MAC, I think your should be talented and skilled when it comes to make up. Collecting MAC can help because I think the managers like their staff to know the products. Reatil experience can also help but I think what it all comes down to is the skill... but you'll never know until you try. If you're really that nervous, take some classes in make up and/or cosmotology, that could boost your self-esteem! Good luck!

FacesbyNiki

Huh? @ this thread.

MAC employee's are all different sizes and shape. If you love MAC and have the skillz they will hire you. :p

Jennybella

thanks everyone!! Im friendly with almost all the girls @ my counter and they gave me the card to call down there and talk to the boss over there to find out about a job
smiles.gif
Im really happy